Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Blind would certainly surprise me if it happened as there are likely to be some 'heavyweights' after him.

Saw today that Jaanmatt was expected on Tyneside for talks with Newcastle. So, at least we know Feyenoord are 'open for business' already on their returning internationals. Just hope RK et al can move quickly for one or two of their players.

Is "open for business" the new firesale? Seems odd that we can talk about hoovering up players from Feyenoord but when Liverpool do it to us it is different?

Blind would be an excellent signing IMHO.

Here's hoping.

I thought he seemed a bit under-paced to play full-back in Premier League, he looked like a midfielder doing a job to me. And yes, i do appreciate i sound like a bell-end turning my nose up at highly acclaimed Dutch internationals! I would still sign him tho, he would be a good Cork upgrade + utility skills!

I thought he seemed a bit under-paced to play full-back in Premier League, he looked like a midfielder doing a job to me. And yes, i do appreciate i sound like a bell-end turning my nose up at highly acclaimed Dutch internationals! I would still sign him tho, he would be a good Cork upgrade + utility skills!

I thought that too about his pace. and it was mentioned a couple if times. So it was noticed

pace is very much required in the prem

Welcome to the club Bearsy, I thought exactly the same, seems that Bellends are all the rage now, yo :)

I thought that too about his pace. and it was mentioned a couple if times. So it was noticed

pace is very much required in the prem

Not sure Zabaletta is super quick but he's one of the best right backs in the league if not the best.

De Vrij only has one year left on his contract so naturally Feyenoord will be willing to sell for the right price. Clasie has reccently signed a new contract and will probably not be sold in the summer unless there is some serious overpayment. The same goes for Blind, he's contracted for several more years and is guaranteed Champions League football at Ajax (whereas Feyenoord have to qualify and probably won't make it because of that). I would love to see de Vrij at Saints, and if its true that so far only Lazio have made a bid we should be able to compete, but if bigger clubs come in for him like Manu then I don't think we have a chance).

Heard today that we are about to make a bid for the Celtic goalie and that **** van djik cb Celtic have. Not a reliable source just a bloke at work. Thought I'd pass it on as they have both been mentioned already.

Brilliant. Nailed on I'd say.

Is "open for business" the new firesale? Seems odd that we can talk about hoovering up players from Feyenoord but when Liverpool do it to us it is different?

I think this point was covered in another thread where it is suggested that there seems to be a longstanding acceptance at Dutch clubs and supporters that they will lose players to stronger leagues.

Blind and de vrij.....and a keeper are on the cards.

Forster over Marshall.

Then onto a striker and perhaps Classie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you repeating speculation, and wishful thinking, or is this said with some "knowledge"?

Heard today that we are about to make a bid for the Celtic goalie and that **** van djik cb Celtic have. Not a reliable source just a bloke at work. Thought I'd pass it on as they have both been mentioned already.

Do you work for the Southampton Saints Football Club? Cause that'd be awesome.

Welcome to the club Bearsy, I thought exactly the same, seems that Bellends are all the rage now, yo :)

You're never alone as a bellend.

To understand this you'd need to remember and old fag advert for a brand called Strand. (The cigarette of the moment)

Edited by Window Cleaner

Xherdnan Shaqiri has come out and moaned at being labelled as 'one for the future' by Bayern and is looking for move apparently. Sure to be Liverpool if anywhere over here but worth dreaming about.

Last club I saw him linked with was Roma

Xherdnan Shaqiri has come out and moaned at being labelled as 'one for the future' by Bayern and is looking for move apparently. Sure to be Liverpool if anywhere over here but worth dreaming about.

Great player but out of our league.

Didn't guan say we signed a left back a few days ago or did I dream it???

Think he's hinted at a Scottish left back... Wouldn't surprise me if we landed a Dutch one instead.

Think 'sensitive' is nothing more mysterious than the fact that parties are some way off reaching an agreement - contrast this with the Pelle/Tadic situations where deals were likely to happen, just that a few wrinkles around terms/fee had to be ironed out.

Could a 'sensitive' transfer be swapping Lovren for Coutinho?

Any swap would be sensitive. Who would take 10m and Coutinho? I know I would, and with the players Liverpool have bought, I think they would. I'm just not convinced he'd be up for it.

Get de vriij and/or van dijk to replace Lovren, Coutinho and Tadic supporting Pelle. Nice.

Whilst I'm not sure a Coutinho swap would happen, I do think his place looks the most at risk after their influx of attackers.

Oh, and if we lose Dejan - I'd really want both de Vrij AND van Dijk to come in.

Anyone criticising Gallagher needs to remember he played really well on full debut v Arsenal albeit should have scored. He was destined at that point to really kick on and progress and gain invaluable experience for remainder of the season. However this 18 year old lad then tragically lost his father. I dont think you will find many 18 year olds that would not find there world turned upside down. I've seen enough from him to think he has a great future ahead of him.

Agree with this, think he has a great future.

Coutino is more likely to go to spurs if he goes anywhere . Am I correct in thinking it was the Argie ***** who wanted him

Depends if Poch was behind the transfers or the Scouting team and Les Reed were behind the transfers.

Depends if Poch was behind the transfers or the Scouting team and Les Reed were behind the transfers.

Les "too much power" Reed is only responsible for stuff that goes wrong. Good stuff is all down to other people.

Didn't guan say we signed a left back a few days ago or did I dream it???

Think he's hinted at a Scottish left back... Wouldn't surprise me if we landed a Dutch one instead.

Another to add to the list of possibilities?

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F52133%2Finter-and-fiorentina-want-saints-target#article/footballitalia-52133