5 years ago TODAY

Glasgow_Saint

We went into administration owing £27m.

Although currently a similar amount in debt; we are a division higher, own the stadium and our assets (players) value is vast compared with the squad 5 years ago.

To get to this point in balancing the books,the Liebherrs have put in considerable investment.

Hopefully at some point the club will become more sustainable.

Yes :facepalm: bloody typical of lenders wanting money back..... how dare they

Wasn't it the fact they cut the overdraft, and then wouldn't work with Lowe on a new plan to re-finance? I remember them saying thatthey wanted money raised through player sales, outside of the transfer window. All at the same time that they try to put forward that they work for the fans of football through their sponsorship of the Prem.

They're an embarassment, but then that follows considering the type of organisation they were.

Apparently the Sun are experiencing similar problems with Sunderland. They have come up with a classic, they are taking the Sun out of Sunderland and are now referring to the as Derland.

Well it made me chuckle

Wouldn't wipe my arse with that paper.

Wasn't it the fact they cut the overdraft, and then wouldn't work with Lowe on a new plan to re-finance? I remember them saying thatthey wanted money raised through player sales, outside of the transfer window. All at the same time that they try to put forward that they work for the fans of football through their sponsorship of the Prem.

They're an embarassment, but then that follows considering the type of organisation they were.

If it wasnt for Barclays we wouldnt be where we are now.

Markus - 50%

Nicola - 10%

Barclays - 25%

Other 15%

If all 5 year plans go this well, I can't wait for the World Domination the next 5 will bring.

I suspect the 5 years plans, conviction and ambition all left the Club left with Nasty Nick....Certainly been conspicuously absent since then.....I wonder how long it will take before it dawns on the players.

I suspect the 5 years plans, conviction and ambition all left the Club left with Nasty Nick....Certainly been conspicuously absent since then.....I wonder how long it will take before it dawns on the players.

Whilst I share the nagging worry... TBF, we dont know yet how the new board will approach these things. Seemed odd though that there was such a 'Negative headline' re the 27 mil.... perfectly normal paying of transfer fees over a number of years - which if as suspected was a dig at NC, seemed a bit of a misfire since most football fans will know about the the transfer fee timescale etc... so to me came across as very naive on the Hofs part...

Not sure why some are so determined to dislike and undermine anything NC brought to the club. The need to be personally loved by SFC at all times seems rather odd to me... can only assume some must have taken offence at his very public distain for the rather 70s tasteless desire to have fitted carpet in the bathroom.

Chairman, boardmembers etc are not here to be liked. They will all make mistakes and have strengths and weaknesses as no one is perfect - ultimately, as the cliche goes, they are judged by results on the pitch... and our progress and potential is pretty clear for all to see. Much has been made of the 'cock ups re commercial side of things' - yet those making those statements do so with such a bare faced cheek conveniently forgetting their criticism of the likes of Lowe for being so 'focussed on it, rather than what was happening on the pitch' .... you really could not make it up.

NC focussed on the players - and their environment. As a result he has allegedly ****ed off staff and fans with his aproach. Well I seriously dont give a feck. If you dont like your job because of a nasty demanding boss, get a new one.

Ultimately - 2 promotions, 8th in prem, stylish attacking football, players happy, infrastructure development a legacy for our future, club worth at least DOUBLE what owners have invested to date.... thats a fricken good record in anyones book... I can live with ****ing off some commecial partners (if that is factually accurate) and ex players and charging for the parking if it gives us that progress... some cant - so not sure we will ever get any consensus.

Actually at risk of agreeing with Glasgow, Barclays relevance to the whole story, chain of events and subsequent rise from the ashes, shouldn't be underestimated.

And the funniest thing about it all......... It was down to a single 600 pound cheque to one of the goalkeeping coaches.

It's been a blast.... all raise your glasses to Keith :) :) :) :)

I have no idea what you're on about.

Because if your personal vendetta, it's disturbing that you seem to criticise anyone who says he has done a good job. Did a good job mind. Sorry mate, a lot of people seem to have an agenda about him but fail to actually say what their beef is.

was he perfect? No.

are we in the Prem because of him? Yes

Because if your personal vendetta, it's disturbing that you seem to criticise anyone who says he has done a good job. Did a good job mind. Sorry mate, a lot of people seem to have an agenda about him but fail to actually say what their beef is.

was he perfect? No.

are we in the Prem because of him? Yes

What are you talking about? I've said myself he's done a good job on many occasions, i even praised him and pulled someone up on the other thread about him yesterday when some had a go at him about something which in my view, he did well. Funny how you never commented on that post and i didnt have a personal vendetta then. The problem with the Cortese internet fan club is that if you dare to point out anything he didn't do well then you have a personal vendetta or agenda.

Whenever I see that picture it brings a lump to the throat. It's just so sad that he never got to see all this. You could just imagine him with his little camera when we got the 2 promotions. You just can't put into words just how much I thank him for what he done for us. It's so sad he's not here to see it.

Whilst I share the nagging worry... TBF, we dont know yet how the new board will approach these things. Seemed odd though that there was such a 'Negative headline' re the 27 mil.... perfectly normal paying of transfer fees over a number of years - which if as suspected was a dig at NC, seemed a bit of a misfire since most football fans will know about the the transfer fee timescale etc... so to me came across as very naive on the Hofs part...

Not sure why some are so determined to dislike and undermine anything NC brought to the club. The need to be personally loved by SFC at all times seems rather odd to me... can only assume some must have taken offence at his very public distain for the rather 70s tasteless desire to have fitted carpet in the bathroom.

Chairman, boardmembers etc are not here to be liked. They will all make mistakes and have strengths and weaknesses as no one is perfect - ultimately, as the cliche goes, they are judged by results on the pitch... and our progress and potential is pretty clear for all to see. Much has been made of the 'cock ups re commercial side of things' - yet those making those statements do so with such a bare faced cheek conveniently forgetting their criticism of the likes of Lowe for being so 'focussed on it, rather than what was happening on the pitch' .... you really could not make it up.

NC focussed on the players - and their environment. As a result he has allegedly ****ed off staff and fans with his aproach. Well I seriously dont give a feck. If you dont like your job because of a nasty demanding boss, get a new one.

Ultimately - 2 promotions, 8th in prem, stylish attacking football, players happy, infrastructure development a legacy for our future, club worth at least DOUBLE what owners have invested to date.... thats a fricken good record in anyones book... I can live with ****ing off some commecial partners (if that is factually accurate) and ex players and charging for the parking if it gives us that progress... some cant - so not sure we will ever get any consensus.

Adam Blackmore of Solent Sport said he had been briefed by the "previous regime" that Saints has paid for players outright and he was therefore shocked by outstanding transfer fees to be paid - maybe this was something that NC did across the board and was caught and challenged by KL? She wasn't happy with the way NC was running the club and spending her families money it seems.

We really should start a petition for a statue of markus using this picture. How fantastic would that be? :)

_42700405_statue270.jpg

It's the same pose. Please let's use the same sculptor. Just for the lols, then we'll recognise Markus as he should be recognised.

:facepalm: One for Dibden P

:facepalm: Another one for Goatboy

:facepalm: for UJ too

Bless

Wow, resorting to this rubbish already, even though I have tried to prove on numerous occassions that you are talking ****.

I've said I will happily bet you money, I've tried to meet up with you but you won't do it...this is the difference between you and Barry/Pap, at least they have the balls to meet up with those that accuse them of things, instead of hiding behind their 'hilarious' persona.

Glasgow_Saint is slowly dying, I suggest you re-invent yourself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1246&d=1396511577

This.

why is that you come on here then?

You constantly generalise the forum members as bellends or mongs, but you are a full timer on here, it doesnt make sense.

All you ever do is support GS and Barry, which sort of sums up the group of you. I have to say that your little gang of three is proving to be a bit too much lately, the lot of you are so self contradictory it makes me wonder if you are all in fact real people. I certainly struggle to understand why you bother to support the team, you seem to have to so much bitterness when we are successful.

If people want us to go for the top 4, you take the ****.

If we fail to achieve the top 4, you take the ****.

As a final note, it would be interesting to know when was the last time any of your little gang went to a Saints game?

why is that you come on here then?

You constantly generalise the forum members as bellends or mongs, but you are a full timer on here, it doesnt make sense.

All you ever do is support GS and Barry, which sort of sums up the group of you. I have to say that your little gang of three is proving to be a bit too much lately, the lot of you are so self contradictory it makes me wonder if you are all in fact real people. I certainly struggle to understand why you bother to support the team, you seem to have to so much bitterness when we are successful.

If people want us to go for the top 4, you take the ****.

If we fail to achieve the top 4, you take the ****.

As a final note, it would be interesting to know when was the last time any of your little gang went to a Saints game?

Why? Because it's comedy gold that why! I also post on TUI which is better for football and a laugh but when it comes to a collection of internet weirdos this place had no rival!

Ironic that you question why I come on here when looking at your posts on this thread you've contributed nothing of note and slagged everyone off. Think not what a mongboard can do for you, but what you can do for a mongboard sunshine!

Why you interested in when 'my gang' last went to a game? You going to try the I'm a better fan than you card?

Edited by Turkish