Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Not very likely though. Just cannot understand the difficult financial situation nonsense that's all. Are they really worried about a few million for a training centre that isn't even finished yet? or transfer fees unpaid because they're not yet due. The woman is supposed to be rich isn't she, sounds like corner shop economics to me.

I know, i was being sarcastic. You would think the prize and Sky money alone this year would have covered those two things and left room for strengthening. Very disappointed how all the big grand statements appear to be just hollow words.

I know, i was being sarcastic. You would think the prize and Sky money alone this year would have covered those two things and left room for strengthening. Very disappointed how all the big grand statements appear to be just hollow words.

you'd think so but perhaps we're in for surprisingly good news at some time this summer. You could always postulate that they didn't want to keep Pochettino, just as they might not have really wanted to keep Cortese but just said they did for the form.

Krueger is a communicator, he might well say anything if he thinks your average fan will gob it, be it his real intention or not.

this must mean it definitely HASNT happened then:

Football Direct News understands that Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino has signed a three-year deal with Tottenham Hotspur#SaintsFC

Wow good deal for Poch if true, that means he will have 2 and half years off work to spend the remainder of his contract money.

Agree Adriansfc. Ultimately if the AL and LS wish to leave it is better for the club to sell them for as much as they can get and re invest the money, than refusing all approaches and causing resentment in these 2 players. If MP, AL and LS leave and we get in a decent manager in a similar mould to MP and re invest the money in the squad surely that's a better scenario than is being portrayed on here?

Agree Adriansfc. Ultimately if the AL and LS wish to leave it is better for the club to sell them for as much as they can get and re invest the money, than refusing all approaches and causing resentment in these 2 players. If MP, AL and LS leave and we get in a decent manager in a similar mould to MP and re invest the money in the squad surely that's a better scenario than is being portrayed on here?

but what about reinforcing the squad without weakening it in the first place. Therein lies the rub. Did MP have the offer of the money to do that, which is probably what he wanted. No player MP wants to keep will be sold, Uncle Ralphy said that, so are you all telling me that this was in fact Hobson's choice? Keep everybody and no money or sell if you want to strengthen ???

Edited by Window Cleaner

Nothing has been said by anyone except a bunch of media hacks trying to fill text space before the world cup starts .

The Spuds fans no even less than us , and they are not overly happy at MP going to them anyway .

When and only when an official statement by either Spuds is issued we will know whats happening , until then is all BBC believe , SSN are advised they dont know in other words .

Window - I think it is a bit of Hobsons choice yes. I don't think the model was ever going to be the same as it has been over the past 5 years. MP may have got some money to spend, but probably not on the level as before. We 'don't need to sell' but we also wont be flashing tens of millions on new players without some players going the other way.

We/MP were told 'no players MP wants to keep will be sold' - but surely that comes with a caveat that we will accept offers for players that want to leave/hand in transfer requests?

He has the lovely Europa League to help him this forthcoming season.

Problem with Spurs is that their expectations are way too high. They expect to be top 4 regulars. Well so do Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. 6 into 4 doesn't go. They think that they are big, but they don't seem to realise that they are victims of the Premier League and the hierarchy that has been established. They aren't at the top, and won't be for the foreseeable future. Their best bet would be for Mansour and Abramovich to get bored of their toys and jack it all in.

MP will fail at Spurs IMHO. It is hard to see how anyone can succeed with their lack of a production line and divided board.

A totally different type of club to us. He is certainly not a perfect fit for them. They need a proven winner..

Meh!

Just like anybody that leaves Saints... they mean nothing to me anymore. I wish them no ill health but I'm not interested in them.

Support the eleven that cross the white line chaps.

Hey! At least we'll have the stripes back YAY!

Fun whilst it lasted blah blah blah.

Questions. It's fine to pose them and we'd all like to know, but you and many others seem to be getting wound up without the answers.

I very much hope MP was offered funds without any sales, and any sales would top that fund up. I hope and expect that to be the same with the new manager. Why should we assume any different? Because he's joined Spurs? He'd probably have done that regardless wouldn't he? We had so many threads telling us so, that it was inevitable he and players would go. We can offer him a budget, to go and improve, maybe even keep our players, but he no doubt thinks it can all happen sooner and more realistically at Spurs, so he goes.

I just do not understand the obsession with forming strong and usually negative angry opinions based on a complete lack of information. Although I appreciate that puts me in the minority in these ukippy times.

I'm not getting wound up by anything, I'm trying to establish what exactly as happened here. I'd hoped, nay believed that we'd be able to keep Mauricio, at least for next season just as I'd hoped we'd keep all of our first rate players except Shaw who I personally believe is ridiculously over-rated and should be sold whilst the iron is hot so to speak. However I do also believe that i've heard a stream of bolloax from the board from the first day that they were operational here and that many of their words are completely without value, hence my quest for answers.

Edited by Window Cleaner

What do people make of John Batchelors comment

Joe Batchelor ‏@Joe_Batchelor 2m

@MYNewsAgency have had an exclusive chat with Murat Yakin in the past hour. That is all you are getting at the moment. #saintsfc

Is he a wind up journo who likes to kick saints fans when they are down ?

I wouldnt mind Murat as the new manager hes done an excellent job with Basel

if the pooch report are true

If you have gone Pooch , I wish you well but you have been a bloody fool . I hope you will not be out of work to long when Levy sacks you.

I hope you are still a saint, but if you have moved on . you have made your bed and you suffer the consequences,

Jesus these spurs comments are depressing. Unbelievably patronising while still managing to be negative about Pochetinno. A complete failure of logic amongst their fans too. But Sherwood got more points and finished higher so he's better!

Yes, which is why Everton were wrong to want Martinez, Liverpool daft to appoint Rodgers. Christ it's a bleak black and white world for many football supporters.

the trouble with Spurs is that they are forever in the shadow of Arsenal.

Was MP not announced at the same time/day as Adkins' sacking?

Maybe, MAYBE, the lack of news is that we are lining up the same announcement and getting all the stars to align?

This, well at least in my optimistic view of things.

Was MP not anbounced the same time/day as Adkins' sacking?

Maybe, MAYBE, the lack of news is that we are lining up the same announcement and getting all the stars to align?

Don't hold your breath. That is a very romanticised view of the current board to be honest. Cortese doing that, yes. Ralph and Co ? Nah

What do people make of John Batchelors comment

Joe Batchelor ‏@Joe_Batchelor 2m

@MYNewsAgency have had an exclusive chat with Murat Yakin in the past hour. That is all you are getting at the moment. #saintsfc

Is he a wind up journo who likes to kick saints fans when they are down ?

Joe Batchelor ‏@Joe_Batchelor · 5m

. @alex_crook will be breaking the quotes from Murat Yakin on @talkSPORTDrive at around 6pm.

IF he goes, and I won't believe it until its officially announced, I won't blame him or hate him for it. He came here from Spain with no affinity for the club and clearly thinks Spurs is a bigger club with better prospects for his career advancement. I guess his eyes are on a job somewhere like Real or Barca eventually, or the Argie national team. There is very little loyalty in the game these days, and management is such a cut and thrust job that I don't think anyopne can blame a manager for taking what he sees is a step forward. That said I think he is wrong, I think if he stays Saints will finish above Spurs next season, and like I said while I won't turn on him personally for his decision I hope he fails miserably and is out on his ear by the end of the season.

Why haven't the board issued a statement about Yakin yet. ****ing clowns don't know what they're doing.Ralph needs to call up Durham and comment on it, like Nicola used to. That's it....... I've had it with these clowns.

And deprive the bookies of some no doubt much needed revenus ? Hardly fair old chap.

IF he goes, and I won't believe it until its officially announced, I won't blame him or hate him for it.

not me, i will be singing "Fat Danny Dyer", "Falklands is Ours" & "You can stick ur lego haircut up ur arse" at next season's spurs games.

Hell hath no fury as a bearsy scorned, or whatever!

not me, i will be singing "Fat Danny Dyer", "Falklands is Ours" & "You can stick ur lego haircut up ur arse" at next season's spurs games.

bet we get them first game of the season at SMS

BURN HIM!

i certainly won't be cheering Poch when he returns to St Marys next season, will get the same treatment as Hoddle and Redknapp from me, he has been playing a game all along, from May 13th last year - "Asked if he would be staying if Cortese left, the Argentinian said: "Of course not, because the person that has put his faith in me in this club and as a manager is Nicola Cortese"

so who cares about him, he was never interested in building a relationship with the fans or establishing himself for the long term at the club, i believe he has been looking at leaving for the last 12 months.

looking forward to the new manager being appointed who might actually want to be here.

Ha ha, "Fat Danny Dyer" is quite a good one.

Poch would have stayed if he felt he could take us forward. Completely understand his position. Will be a few players next. End of the Cortese era of being a vaguely important British club.

You are jumping to conclusions, Pochettino leaving doesn't mean automatically Saints aren't ambitious or don't have a good level of funding.

You are jumping to conclusions, Pochettino leaving doesn't mean automatically Saints aren't ambitious or don't have a good level of funding.

Exactly. One thing that you can't take away from Spurs is that they are even more ambitious.