Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

BrJEo9yCUAAbGN3.jpg:large

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jun/luke-shaw-signs-for-manchester-united.aspx

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton Football Club. He joins on a four-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

Shaw, 18, recently gained his third cap for England and was the youngest player to feature in this year’s World Cup campaign. The left-back has made 67 appearances for Southampton since making his debut in 2012.

Luke Shaw said: "I am thrilled and excited to be joining Manchester United. I have been at Southampton since I was eight years old and I would like to thank them and the fans for everything they have done for me. I want to continue to progress my career and joining United is the ideal place for me to do that. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life and also looking forward to learning from the world-class players and management at the club."

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Luke is a very talented young left-back with great potential. He has developed immensely during his time at Southampton and has all the attributes to become a top player. I am delighted he has joined Manchester United as I believe this is the right club for him to continue his development as a young player and eventually fulfil that promise."

u44irW4k_bigger.pngSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

Les Reed: “We fought to ensure that we got the right deal for a player in whom we have invested a great deal of work over the past decade.”

Les Reed: “This deal is a good one for #SaintsFC, and hopefully sends a clear message to other clubs wishing to bid for our players.”

:lol:

Can't wait to see what he has to say when the Lallana sale is confirmed in a few hours time, or maybe Krueger will take that one.

:lol::lol::lol: Oh right, so we can't gauge how successful our academy is until we sell them for high fees?

How the hell have you got to that?

He's right - selling an Academy product for such a large fee clearly does endorse the work our Academy does. It doesn't mean we don't already know how successful the Academy is, it just endorses it further.

Is there some kind of competition going on to find as many possible angles to bash the club from that I don't know about it? Every single quote seemingly jumped upon.

He's right - selling an Academy product for such a large fee clearly does endorse the work our Academy does. It doesn't mean we don't already know how successful the Academy is, it just endorses it further.

Is there some kind of competition going on to find as many possible angles to bash the club from that I don't know about it? Every single quote seemingly jumped upon.

I'm with clark, I don't want to read dumb board celebrating when they sell my top bros!

circa £160k a week according to reports on the radio

so probably a bit less than that.

either way, probably 4x or so what he is on at saints

now that is madness. No wonder Playboy models are trying to contact him

Chuffed for Luke, don't begrudge him a move. Gutted he's gone, but looking at the business, it's great for Saints. He's now the most expensive teenager / fourth most expensive defender and a club record-received fee. Good business for someone not even 20!

Speaking of his age, I am struggling with the thought that he will likely earn well over 500 times what I do in a week and yet he would have been the year below me at school! (If my maths is correct......)

My point was that a bigger endorsement of OUR youth system is using it to improve OUR first team in OUR future and winning things for OUR club.

Very sad day today, failing to see any real positives with what's happening at present.

All very well having money to blow, getting the right players in will be a real test.

Only thing I'm hanging onto at the moment is would Koeman come if we didn't have some sort of plan?

However carp it looks today.

My point was that a bigger endorsement of OUR youth system is using it to improve OUR first team in OUR future and winning things for OUR club.

Until we can compete with CL teams on wages and bonuses, that will never happen. It's just an indication of how the CL has polluted and corrupted the 'beautiful game'.

Very sad day today, failing to see any real positives with what's happening at present.

All very well having money to blow, getting the right players in will be a real test.

Only thing I'm hanging onto at the moment is would Koeman come if we didn't have some sort of plan?

However carp it looks today.

This is the only reason I'm accepting everything that's happening. Surely he would not come to this club, even if it IS in the Prem, if he thought he was going to get f*cked over?

Les Reed: “Luke’s transfer fee will be reinvested into the team as @Koeman1963 builds for the new season and for years to come.” #saintsfc

I'm beginning to wonder exactly on whom we're going to spend all this money actually. I mean by the time it all tots up we could buy virtually anyone but the number of real quality player who'll actually want to come here is debateable.

This is the only reason I'm accepting everything that's happening. Surely he would not come to this club, even if it IS in the Prem, if he thought he was going to get f*cked over?

He fecked up at Valencia, took a large pay-off from them though. We have no idea what he believes will be a succesful season, he's only really managed in the Dutch leagues.

And the money from that sale will hopefully go towards exactly that. Win/win potentially.

He fecked up at Valencia, took a large pay-off from them though. We have no idea what he believes will be a succesful season, he's only really managed in the Dutch leagues.

Say whatever you want, I really rate the guy and I'm giving him my full backing.

And the money from that sale will hopefully go towards exactly that. Win/win potentially.

But next season we risk fielding what? One academy player on a regular basis perhaps, perhaps none. It's not JWP and Chambers that are going to propel us to the upper heights of the PL, it's either with bought in players or not at all. Suits me, not an academy fan at all.

Chuffed for Luke, don't begrudge him a move. Gutted he's gone, but looking at the business, it's great for Saints. He's now the most expensive teenager / fourth most expensive defender and a club record-received fee. Good business for someone not even 20!

Speaking of his age, I am struggling with the thought that he will likely earn well over 500 times what I do in a week and yet he would have been the year below me at school! (If my maths is correct......)

So you earn just 200 pounds a week?

I feel a bit sad that he has left us.

I do think that it would have been better for everybody for him to spend another year at Saints (as with hindsight it would have been for Walcott & Oxo)

The next few weeks in the transfer market are pretty crucial!

But next season we risk fielding what? One academy player on a regular basis perhaps, perhaps none. It's not JWP and Chambers that are going to propel us to the upper heights of the PL, it's either with bought in players or not at all. Suits me, not an academy fan at all.

Well, at the risk of repeating myself, until we get to the Liverpool game, I have no idea who will take the to field for us, but as a result I'm not going to start making judgements now. Chambers came from nowhere last pre-season, so who knows if others might do the same this year? Add in some recruits, perhaps the likes of JWP will have progressed. Harry Reed, Mcqueen perhaps? I don't know. But this automatic assumption from some that we're doomed is too easy, and frankly, mostly based on knee-jerk reactions to losing two key players. I understand that, but as a result now is not the time for those people to be debating what will happen next season.

The best thing about this in terms of the academy is building our reputation throughout Britain. Every parent of every 10 year old wannabe will want their kid to go to Saints academy when they see us turning out the best players in the World. Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain, Lallana and Shaw, that's quite some track record which nobody in Britain can match.

These big money sales in the long run will mean when can take our pick of the best young talent in the South of England.

Patronising statement, as if we're all supposed to be delighted we can produce players good enough for big clubs! Wow. What an honour.

Also, Reeds words about him doing well moving on to bigger things 'as others have done before' are dangerously close to saying 'and others will in the future'.

Situation normal. Damned if they do...