Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Well, from what I saw of our players in the England squad during the WC I wasnt fantastically confident of their ability to take it to the next level...

Only Morgan has really impressed, despite Gashton's one kick of the ball........

Thought Morgan was outstanding last season and looks totally at home on the international stage.

Cannot comprehend why some people didn't rate him...

Thought Morgan was outstanding last season and looks totally at home on the international stage.

Cannot comprehend why some people didn't rate him...

I think most people do rate him, to be honest. Back in our L1 days there were some who probably didn't, but I'd say that 99% of our fan base would say he's easily one of our best players now.

What ever his weekly wage. It's utterly obscene . My lass works 35 ours a week caring for severely disabled services users in a council run day centre . Wiping bums . Giving medication , key worker for 3 severely disabled people Etc etc the council (not Orkney) pay her a hefty £9 an hour before tax etc

Football wages are gross and obscene . No wonder the low pay feel so hacked off

Something is drastically wrong in society Luke shaw 18 years old £160 a week

Day care worker £315 a week before tax

I know this thread is about shaw but I want to put this transfer in to perspective

Sums up my thoughts about football to be honest. The sums involved are now obscene.

I'd **** myself laughing if he does his ACL in the first couple of months.

What a very nasty thing to say. :mcinnes:

What ever his weekly wage. It's utterly obscene . My lass works 35 ours a week caring

for severely disabled services users in a council run day centre . Wiping bums . Giving medication , key worker for 3 severely

disabled people Etc etc the council (not Orkney) pay her a hefty £9 an hour before tax etc

I know this thread is about shaw but I want to put this transfer in to perspective

Yes I totally agree with you and I also get rather peed off when people say footballers "earn" their

obscene money. No they don't "earn" it they just get paid it. It's the real workers in normal life who

really earn their money :x

What a very nasty thing to say. :mcinnes:

Yes I totally agree with you and I also get rather peed off when people say footballers "earn" their

obscene money. No they don't "earn" it they just get paid it. It's the real workers in normal life who

really earn their money :x

Blame a tramp called Mark Bosman.

Thanks to him we have clubs chasing staff and not the opposite, as it happens in ALMOST every other sector of professional activity.

Why do the Board just come out and say 'we wanted to keep them and made them a higher salary offer but they wanted to go' I do not like it but most fans would understand. Also the vote of thanks given by departing players makes me want to vomit.

Why do the Board just come out and say 'we wanted to keep them and made them a higher salary offer but they wanted to go' I do not like it but most fans would understand. Also the vote of thanks given by departing players makes me want to vomit.

Luke Shaw's short little ''thanks to southampton'' was pretty pointless to be honest, he does come across as a bit of dumbass to be fair.

But the club aren't going to be flashing around bigger contracts for players who only signed new contracts last year, they're already on a decent whack for a club of our size - I don't think we're in a position to offer a great deal more, certainly not what Liverpool and Man Utd can offer - so in that sense, the players heads will be turned and it then is with the club to ensure they get the best possible deal and most importantly - correctly reinvest it.

What ever his weekly wage. It's utterly obscene . My lass works 35 ours a week caring for severely disabled services users in a council run day centre . Wiping bums . Giving medication , key worker for 3 severely disabled people Etc etc the council (not Orkney) pay her a hefty £9 an hour before tax etc

Simple economics, supply and demand. Luke is arguably the most talented teenager in the World when it comes to playing football. There is only one of him and his skills could be worth tens on millions in prize money.

No discrespect to your lass but anybody can wipe an arse or give an injection given minimal training. I'm sure it's unpleasant at times but it doesn't take any great skill, that's the difference between the two cases.

If you don't like the way footballers are paid, stop paying £40 a game to watch them, cancel your £50 a month Sky Sports package and don't buy any more £40 Adidas clothing which costs 50p to make.

u44irW4k_bigger.pngSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

CEO Gareth Rogers: “This is yet another endorsement of the great work undertaken at our academy and by the staff at #SaintsFC. We can now move forward and continue to invest in the future of our club.”

Reminds me of another quote:(or close to it)

" but they were good them Mexicans boss "

" yeah boss, they were were really good"

"come on, round of applause for the Mexicans, hey lads"

Damn shame, great player and best of luck to him.

Yes we got the money but I'd rather have kept Luke TBH, that cash could easily be spent on failed signings whereas Luke was guaranteed class.

Looks like we flew a bit too close to the sun last season and now we are getting a beating from the top 4, albeit with a pile of cash.

There is little real competition in this league, wish the top 4 would join up with a super european league and then maybe we could have some real competition.

Been there, done that. Has it made any difference? Sadly, not a bit. :(

The wages of footballers reflect the number of people prepared to watch them and how much they are willing to pay for the privilege. The fact is a very large number of people think it is worth paying large amounts to watch these players.

We as fans are basically giving our money to the players, albeit not directly. I almost laugh when I see people handing footballers fistfuls of their cash and in the same breath saying, "it's disgusting how much they earn."

It's the same with ticket prices. I think it was West Ham away last year when they wanted about £42 a ticket. The number of people complaining about ticket prices, who then bought one any way was just silly.

27m plus 1m add ons according to a Mirror journo who is reliable on Utd (the one Moyes banned for correctly leaking the team).

Although a big fee I would say its good value for Utd still.

Would hope we have a good sell on or I would sway to the thought we could have done better.

27m plus 1m add ons according to a Mirror journo who is reliable on Utd (the one Moyes banned for correctly leaking the team).

Although a big fee I would say its good value for Utd still.

Would hope we have a good sell on or I would sway to the thought we could have done better.

its a world record fee. I cant see how you can do better really

Has the potential to be genuinely world class, if a bit one-footed. But never really warmed to him, he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the box, and we've just got a world record fee for a teenager. Would like to know if any sell-on clause, though.

Thanks, and bye.

Lighthouse I disagree .

Doing a care job is far more demanding and important than a footballer any day .

You might need care , your family might need care

Not everyone can administer injections etc . So if you think being a carer looking after severely disabled folk is easy . You should try it . What's more so your comments are crass and disrespectful to every carer in the country

Ps I do not by Adidas clothing .

Lighthouse I disagree .

Doing a care job is far more demanding and important than a footballer any day .

You might need care , your family might need care

Not everyone can administer injections etc . So if you think being a carer looking after severely disabled folk is easy . You should try it . What's more so your comments are crass and disrespectful to every carer in the country

Ps I do not by Adidas clothing .

You've re-written what I said so you can get on your high horse.

I didn't say being a footballer was more demanding or important. It is however more difficult and Luke possesses a unique level of talent which no other teenager, possibly in the world, possesses. That's why he is paid so much. He has unique abilities and his skills are worth tens of millions to a club.

I didn't say being a carer was easy either. I said anyone could do it given minimal training. You don't need a degree in neurology to be a care worker. I'm not being crass or disrespectful, I'm sure it is a tough job at times. It does not however take a special talent to be a care worker.

I wont try it thanks, I've made my career choice. She made hers, I'm not sure why you are complaining about her wages or comparing her to a Premier League footballer.

There's a big difference between a care home and a football stadium (unless it's one of Redknapp's teams), and that is that £bn's is spent to watch people work in the stadium. Luke has a rare talent but the money he and others are on is reflective of that demand. No one objects when a rock star sells out Wembley, making millions. Football's just the same (divided by 22) with global TV money thrown in.

Nice work if you can get it.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

It's a great shame and those words about not selling from Reed, Krueger, etc all look very hollow now.

The deals for Shaw & Lallana were agreed before the World Cup. I'm told a deal has also been agreed for the sale of Morgan too. The board are a bunch of liars. They did the deals whilst we were managerless and lied to the fans. I've got a good source for this stuff. A lot of what I've been told will make Saints fans sick. It's certainly made me pretty angry.

My source (a scout) told me of 2 Dutch players he expects to join Saints. I can't remember the names, sorry. Neither were players I'd heard of. When I asked what he thought of them he just said that he'd seem one of them and he'd make an average championship player. He went on to ask if I remembered JVD? He then laughed and said you can expect more signings like that than household names.

I've a horrible feeling that our transfer kitty is about to be spunked up the wall by a man who won't be in charge at the end of the season.

70,000 people wont pay £45 plus to watch somebody give a old granny a bed bath or wipe her rear end, so I don't know what exactly your point is Viking.

I wouldn't bet against that, frigging millions watch Britains Got No Talent

You've re-written what I said so you can get on your high horse.

I didn't say being a footballer was more demanding or important. It is however more difficult and Luke possesses a unique level of talent which no other teenager, possibly in the world, possesses. That's why he is paid so much. He has unique abilities and his skills are worth tens of millions to a club.

I didn't say being a carer was easy either. I said anyone could do it given minimal training. You don't need a degree in neurology to be a care worker. I'm not being crass or disrespectful, I'm sure it is a tough job at times. It does not however take a special talent to be a care worker.

I wont try it thanks, I've made my career choice. She made hers, I'm not sure why you are complaining about her wages or comparing her to a Premier League footballer.

Eric posted a picture of a couple of care workers earlier. I would pay good money to go and watch them in action.

The deals for Shaw & Lallana were agreed before the World Cup. I'm told a deal has also been agreed for the sale of Morgan too. The board are a bunch of liars. They did the deals whilst we were managerless and lied to the fans. I've got a good source for this stuff. A lot of what I've been told will make Saints fans sick. It's certainly made me pretty angry.

My source (a scout) told me of 2 Dutch players he expects to join Saints. I can't remember the names, sorry. Neither were players I'd heard of. When I asked what he thought of them he just said that he'd seem one of them and he'd make an average championship player. He went on to ask if I remembered JVD? He then laughed and said you can expect more signings like that than household names.

I've a horrible feeling that our transfer kitty is about to be spunked up the wall by a man who won't be in charge at the end of the season.

So if we sign Pelle and Tadic early next week I presume we can conclude your 'source' is a liar and that all the above is false.

You sound like Corp Ho.

Lighthouse sometimes just because you have a degree whether teaching , nursing does not guarantee you a job . It doesn't matter how good a degree you get . Sometime folk will take a job until something appropriate comes a long . As is the case with my lass

I still feel that some clubs and footballers push the limits and salaries to really obscene levels

The lower league players are earning paltry sums

As you say it's about supply and demand . That's life and not much you and I can do about it unless millions of folk boycott football

Pretty certain he's a skate on a windup.

It's stupid comments like this that make me wonder why I bother. Last week I named my sources who told me that LS had agreed to join Utd before he left for Brazil. Both had spoken to him in person. What more do you want? My source worked with Sammy Lee at Liverpool and has recently moved to the US where he's setting up coaching schools for MLS clubs. After leaving Liverpool he went to Fulham and worked with Malcolm Elias. Malcolm had spoken to LS after he'd had talks with Chelsea & Man Ure.

I do hope this makes things clear for you.

It's stupid comments like this that make me wonder why I bother. Last week I named my sources who told me that LS had agreed to join Utd before he left for Brazil. Both had spoken to him in person. What more do you want? My source worked with Sammy Lee at Liverpool and has recently moved to the US where he's setting up coaching schools for MLS clubs. After leaving Liverpool he went to Fulham and worked with Malcolm Elias. Malcolm had spoken to LS after he'd had talks with Chelsea & Man Ure.

I do hope this makes things clear for you.

Cheers Corp.

Hey Jose . I was the first person to tell everyone a week before shaw got his debut that he would be playing and he would be class

I was absolutely slaughtered for this saying he wasn't good enough. To young, he would start , I was mad ,

A few said if your good enough your old enough. The rest slated me for suggesting such things.

Sure enough he was picked at everyone's surprise, had his debut and was class

2 years on sold 30 million

Don't tell me I know nothing boy

Dig out the post and read if for your self if your that worried.

And you can dig this one out in 2 years time when someone wants him for 30 million

You really are a massive ****

When exactly was I exposed as a skate?

My source is not mid 50's. He's late 20's & worked as a youth team coach at Liverpool. He then went to Fulham as a scout, again working with Elias. They're currently working in the States to set up coaching schools at US clubs. He is the son of former Liverpool owner, Rick Parry. Do you honestly believe that this could be made up?

Once again we're reminded that this forum is full of people who know **** all themselves so feel the need to belittle others who do actually have contacts in the game. Why listen to somebody who has some information when you can accuse them of being a skate and a liar? If you're so ****ing clever where's your input? The only liars around here are the ones who've manufactured stories about me being exposed as a skate.

C*** I might be, skate I ain't.

• 9 months later...

I'm sure he's not that bothered by the comments, he doesn't have to do much yet he's a millionaire.

Fair play.

Also, it just continues to ram home that it's about a team - not an individual. Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Fonte, Chambers, Lambert, Wanyama, Morgan etc etc made a great TEAM. It was a collective effort which has probably made them look better than they are, and I'm not saying they're rubbish players because they're not....but they were here in an environment surrounded by people who knew their game. It should be a little message to the likes of Morgan and Clyne, but it won't be listened to. They can earn mega bucks to be fair, so fair enough to them.

But it just doesn't surprise me to see how all of our 'defectors' have failed this season, every 1 of them. Liverpool would have had more success by just buying Southampton in one hit.

Edited by S-Clarke

Shaw on his first season at Man Utd...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9806110/luke-shaw-admits-to-frustrating-first-season-at-manchester-united

Not a lot of admiration for Master Shaw in the comments section.

To be fair, most of them are pretty clueless. Championship standard? As you would expect from tinpot manc supporters who post on a sky sports page.

I'm sure he's not that bothered by the comments, he doesn't have to do much yet he's a millionaire.

Fair play.

Also, it just continues to ram home that it's about a team - not an individual. Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Fonte, Chambers, Lambert, Wanyama, Morgan etc etc made a great TEAM. It was a collective effort which has probably made them look better than they are, and I'm not saying they're rubbish players because they're not....but they were here in an environment surrounded by people who knew their game. It should be a little message to the likes of Morgan and Clyne, but it won't be listened to. They can earn mega bucks to be fair, so fair enough to them.

But it just doesn't surprise me to see how all of our 'defectors' have failed this season, every 1 of them. Liverpool would have had more success by just buying Southampton in one hit.

This is only based on a relatively small period of time. I'm sure in the long run, the majority of the 'defectors' will end up better off financially and professionally by way of consistent European football, International football and trophies.

Fair play.

When Morgan moves he will do very well out of it. Everything he has earnt he has done without the hype and you are naive if you think he won't be a star and winning things at his next club. There is simply no better DM in the prem.

To be fair, most of them are pretty clueless. Championship standard? As you would expect from tinpot manc supporters who post on a sky sports page.

I was going to mention this, but don't need to now!

What I never understand is why it often seems when players make there 'dream'/go to a big club they have injury hit first seasons.

Everything I predicted to Shaw by tweet the night before he signed for United has taken place exactly as I said. He chose the wrong time and though financially sure. his career has derailed and will take a long time to get back on course.