Dani Osvaldo

whelk

One wonder goal aside he was pretty average I thought the team looked far worse with him playing in it. For all the stick SRL gets around here he still brings so much more to the team than Osvaldo. What we need is a pacey striker to help cover J-rod and I don't think Osvaldo is that. I reckon we should cut our loses and put whatever money we can get for him into a decent replacement for J-rod.

Hopefully Juve not wanting him will deflate his ego a bit, making him realise he isn't actually Gods gift to football, nor worth £15m, nor able to play for Europes top teams.

I've got quite a few Italian FB friends who are Juve fans: I'll canvass opinion..

I've got quite a few Italian FB friends who are Juve fans: I'll canvass opinion..

You might need to hep them out with a description, he hasn't played a full Serie A game since he joined, 3 starts and 5 subs, no goals, 1 assist and 1 yellow card. At least scored twice in the Europa League, maybe Trabspospor will have been impressed enough to take him off our hands. Seriously doubt he will be selected for Italy, and anyway do we want him to do well, since that would probably mean England losing against his side. 3 more years on his contract, think we have been shafted.

Had Talksport on for most of yesterday and didn't catch this at all but was linked in the BBC rumours section this morning...

http://talksport.com/football/valencia-keen-sign-southampton-star-14050990487

Now they definitely can't pay £15m with their financial problems, but have they got anyone worth taking in part-exchange now Banega's gone back to Argentina? At least it's another club rather than just Juventus being linked.

Had Talksport on for most of yesterday and didn't catch this at all but was linked in the BBC rumours section this morning...

Now they definitely can't pay £15m with their financial problems, but have they got anyone worth taking in part-exchange now Banega's gone back to Argentina? At least it's another club rather than just Juventus being linked.

Banega is only on loan at Newells for the time being, whether there's a permanent move on the agenda I just couldn't say.

With Bielsa at Marseille now I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up there.

He will be here all summer. We need the funds to buy his replacement, but they won't materialise. In the end we will loan him out again. We won't get a fee and we might even have to pay some of his wages. The chairman will be wise to take almost any early offer IMO.

Diego Alves would be a very good signing, as would Victor Ruiz, who we've been linked with in the past. No idea how willing Valencia would be to let them go, though - and it would probably be us adding cash to the deal in Ruiz's case.

Have to say it's pretty incredible that MP appears to be holding the board at ransom for a big transfer kitty this summer having spunked away 15 million on probably the worst signing the club has ever made in it's history. With the exception of a great finish against City he was utterly woeful and has shown no signs of improving on that at Juventus

I'd have him back, a very good striker but needs to sort his head out. If he could just knuckle down and show a little contrition I think he'd win the fans over fairly quickly.

Question is can he?

We aren't exactly overloaded in the striking department at the moment and it does seem odd to jettison a potentially very good player without seeing if he could be brought back into the fold.

I'd have him back, a very good striker but needs to sort his head out. If he could just knuckle down and show a little contrition I think he'd win the fans over fairly quickly.

Question is can he?

We aren't exactly overloaded in the striking department at the moment and it does seem odd to jettison a potentially very good player without seeing if he could be brought back into the fold.

Pretty much the way I feel about him.

Question is can he?

This. Due to injuries and him being a **** he never really had a good run in the side. I'd certainly be happy to give him another go.

He is desperate to stay at Juve.......not likely though.

Rumour has it he will be at St Mary's today.....under orders from above.

Would love to se him flourish here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

God wants him at Saints?

Rumour has it he will be at St Mary's today.....

That's a shame, Juve's game at Roma is live on BT Sports later, was hoping to catch the second half once I got back from SMS.

His reception would have been lively, particularly with a late appearance off the bench.

Can't help but feel he's cocked that up for himself. If he hadn't been such a nutcase, he'd have gone on to get a few more goals for us this season, and his place in the Italy set up wouldn't be in jeopardy. It's a shame that we'll suffer financially.

Can anyone see him in a Saints shirt next season? Or has he burned his bridges with is well and truly?

Can't see him in a Saints shirt, but also can't see him leaving until the 12th hour of the transfer window, and then only on loan, leaving us with no chance of using his wages on an alternative. I suspect we'll get no loan fee and have to pay some of his wages too. Nightmare scenario.