Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

If I was a Liverpool fan I would be very confused, unless he is seen as a makeweight in a deal for lallana. Although I admit to as much 'love' for Rickie as the next Saints fan I see no logic in the deal for the scousers. I can't see him starting unless they have injuries. He will only take a small portion of their free kicks and penalties and he simply hasn't the pace to work well in their attack.

No day seems to go by without Liverpool telling the world they have bid for some player or another. Is it me or do they seem like a club who are going to end up with a random collection of players they won't know what to do with?

Not just that, but they get far too attached to players that are just working through a career. All the "Rickie" this and that and "I saw Luke in Nandos", "I wonder how Adz feels about all this" it's s**te, players and managers will come and go, if they get an offer they'll usually go for it unfortunately.

Exactly. And in 10, 20, 50+ years time Southampton FC will still exist. Admire the players, worship them even. But love the club and be proud that it's part of your identity.

Not just that, but they get far too attached to players that are just working through a career. All the "Rickie" this and that and "I saw Luke in Nandos", "I wonder how Adz feels about all this" it's s**te, players and managers will come and go, if they get an offer they'll usually go for it unfortunately.

Have to agree. This evening I felt like that but then undertook some manual relief and am feeling much better now. I think having people like Benali and MLT at SFC all their careers has led most to think others will follow what they did. It's all about money, and we all know that money rules most peoples' lives.

In fairness it was rickie who was genuinely gushing a bit Southampton and saying he wanted to end his career here.

If Liverpool pay a decent fee, and we end the summer with a decent replacement, I won't begrudge him a move to his boyhood club. It would be kind of fitting for him to finish his career at the club he supports after they started out by rejecting him.

Be absolutely gutted if he doesn't go to the World Cup as a Saints player though.

If I was a Liverpool fan I would be very confused, unless he is seen as a makeweight in a deal for lallana. Although I admit to as much 'love' for Rickie as the next Saints fan I see no logic in the deal for the scousers. I can't see him starting unless they have injuries. He will only take a small portion of their free kicks and penalties and he simply hasn't the pace to work well in their attack.

No day seems to go by without Liverpool telling the world they have bid for some player or another. Is it me or do they seem like a club who are going to end up with a random collection of players they won't know what to do with?

They are in more comps next season, they need backup.

Some of our fans haven't quite grasped how modern football works in this country. We're all feeder clubs for the top 6 and there's nothing we can do about it.

How about say no! And hold them to there contract, let them put in transfer requests and stamp there feet. Dont sing the contract if you dont wanna stay.

This would have not happened under cortese of that im sure.

Have to agree. This evening I felt like that but then undertook some manual relief and am feeling much better now. I think having people like Benali and MLT at SFC all their careers has led most to think others will follow what they did. It's all about money, and we all know that money rules most peoples' lives.

Think this would be more about a dream than money to SRL. I hope for him it's not a wind up, would be a cruel joke.

Yeah but I was just saying that I don't think rickie feels he is just going through a career here. For some players it is more than that.

To be fair he does seem to love the club, but then he should do - together we've achieved so much, more than he'd have dreamed. But then put yourself in his shoes. I know I'd do the same.

Interestingly I've been watching sky sports news for 20 minutes and there has been no mention of this. Normally they are the first to jump on rumours like this?

OK now they have just mentioned it. But they said Liverpool want him rather than are set to sign him

How about say no! And hold them to there contract, let them put in transfer requests and stamp there feet. Dont sing the contract if you dont wanna stay.

The only way to keep them would be to double or treble their wages and promise to spend £30 million+ in the summer. That's not substainable.

Yep, but we've turned down the first offer, so what would you consider a good offer?

Anything less than £10 million would be giving him away and we won't even replace him for that.

Wonder what the odds are on us going down next season...the way things are going I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Cortese was looking at selling Lambert to West Ham wasn't he?

LOL.....apart from Chamberlain and yeah.....LAMBERT

Not just talking about lambert, under nc we were competing in the transfer market for players with spurs and liverpool and was hearing nothing about players leaving. Now its turning into a car boot sale, and 5 years of great work by nc is being destroyed by big kat and wreck-it-Ralph.

We have invested 27 million in Ramirez and Osvaldo, and I would estimate that their combined wages are around 150K per week. If we could get some of that money back it could be reinvested and Lallana could be paid the rumoured 70K a week that Liverpool are offering.

Not just talking about lambert, under nc we were competing in the transfer market for players with spurs and liverpool and was hearing nothing about players leaving. Now its turning into a car boot sale, and 5 years of great work by nc is being destroyed by big kat and wreck-it-Ralph.

Wreck-it-Ralph lol

Schneiderlin was linked with quite a few teams last summer.

Completely agree, it feels like a fire sale and it doesn't look good to any prospective manager.

We're going to be left to rebuild a decimated squad likely after the WC when prices will be hiked and a lot of average players will be touted. I cannot see this ending well .

We need a new manager ASAP to take control of the situation otherwise he could be left with too much to do and too little to work with.

Liverpool put in a bid, board turned it down. Why are people getting so worked up?

On a likeliness-to-happen scale I would give this 3/10 - higher than Lallana to Spurs but lower than Lallana to Liverpool.

Others are reporting it to be agreed at 4m with talk of a Saturday medical. If there's a 3m gap in valuations there's no way there would be a medical arranged. Maybe it is bs as I originally thought, who knows.

So far a deal has been agreed for shaw and lallana. However that certainly isn't the case. Ok they might leave but not yet at least. So why couldn't this be the same. We can only hope!

Liverpool put in a bid, board turned it down. Why are people getting so worked up?

On a likeliness-to-happen scale I would give this 3/10 - higher than Lallana to Spurs but lower than Lallana to Liverpool.

Before mopo left I was quietly confident

Now I feel if it's not bolted down it'll be sold

I am starting to worry that Liverpool will be after our ground men next

And they'll go, it's ever grounds man dream to cut champions league grass

Before mopo left I was quietly confident

Now I feel if it's not bolted down it'll be sold

I am starting to worry that Liverpool will be after our ground men next

And they'll go, it's ever grounds man dream to cut champions league grass

Dodd and Williams were probably sacked before Liverpool could poach them

To be honest, he's been pretty average for a while, but yes, it's talismanic, so should be rebuffed. Losing the manager, captain and talisman looks like ineptitude and feels a bit like rape. Could the club do something please? Ta

Amazing how some people are refusing to let themselves believe this is happening, even in the face of all the credible evidence. Basically if we were the buying club about to sign someone with this level of evidence, no one would be doubting it. Let's face facts - he's going, and probably by the weekend.

Very rare that this many credible news sources and individual local reporters, ITK people etc say a transfer is happening imminently - when it isn't.

He's gone, and it's a bloody joke if it's only 4m. Krueger must realise surely what a prat he's going to look. Get a feeling he is just KL's puppet.

beginning to wonder whether the £1300 i've just spent was a wise decision,

I do too, but am going to reserve judgement until we appoint a manager. As we won't be able to get a refund there's not a lot one can do. I guess if you felt very strongly, you could try and get a CCJ - would be interesting to see what would happen.

Losing Lambert is a major blow - he has been a giant for us in the last few seasons. Were being decimated by the big money clubs and no one seems to be doing anything to stop it.

Except rejecting the bids, which is what we have done so far for at least three players.