Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

You can't begrudge him, in fact I'm happy for him. Head and shoulders my favourite player since Matty.

We would do the same if our teams came knocking.

Am I bothered? No, it's only football. I'm sure Rovers fans felt the same as some as you lot when he came here, what goes around comes around.

I find it slightly odd how football affects people. I've read some truly bizarre, borderline paranoid, stuff on here.

:)

To be honest, he's been pretty average for a while, but yes, it's talismanic, so should be rebuffed. Losing the manager, captain and talisman looks like ineptitude and feels a bit like rape. Could the club do something please? Ta

Could you just add the chairman to that please....!

Anyway we are aiming for European football so all is fine in our garden isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

I can't remember a time when any club that finished 8th sold off all their key players. We are losing the backbone of the team. Can we really not convince them to stay?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

We haven't lost anyone, it isn't up to the players and don't believe every bit of transfer gossip you read.

This feels like when you've come home to find a bunch of blokes having a play and fiddle with your wife, then taking her back to their houses and keeping her for good.

We're losing everyone who means something important to us as a club. What a summer we're about to have.

And the worst bit? Looks like these players won't even be Saints players at the World Cup. Everyone will be talking about how brilliantly Liverpool have done to get two more players into the England side in Lallana and Lambert. Well done Scousers.

I wonder if the fact the deal came out in the press has made the Saints board reconsider the deal? Perhaps they consult social media and see its not going down too well.

If the add ons are things like winning the EPL or CL Saints won't be getting much extra.

Yeah sky sports also saying 9million.

To be honest at that price I would be stoked for the bloke, he has done wonders for us and will always be a legend but I wouldn't begrudge him liverpool and champions league at the age of 32, especially if it means we get a killer forward as a replacement and can keep adam or luke.

These dealings should be treated like any other break-up. Come out of it the best we can and move on. I hope the board are showing all the players they have every intention of keeping them regardless of the offers. I hope they're squeezing every last penny out of the clubs who are offering and I hope they are lining up plenty of replacement options on the sly. Whatever the emotional elements in this and many other transfers (and it does hurt to consider a legend like Rickie going) we have to be hard-nosed and move on.

We should treat players and other clubs in the way that Pochettino did with us: in a very business-like way making sure we get what we need. There is little romance in this - return to boyhood club or not. I feel happy he's getting the chance to play for his home club but that's his business and for him to sort out. My club comes first I'm afraid. When my club get what we want from the deal then I can consider his feelings on the matter. I'm sure no-one out there in football-land is shedding a tear for what will happen at our club between now and the start of next season.

As we're learning (this close season especially) just because you're higher up the table doesn't make it any easier. In fact until you build up a big reputation it's harder as our squad is seen by many to be too good for "little Southampton".

As we're learning (this close season especially) just because you're higher up the table doesn't make it any easier. In fact until you build up a big reputation it's harder as our squad is seen by many to be too good for "little Southampton".

I think what we have learned is if you go north of 10th you have to finish in Europe.

Its in the interest of every club above us to break up our team to maintain their control and income. Pointy elbowed Saints are not welcome at the top table.

With all these sales at least we can increase wages under FFP rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can't remember a time when any club that finished 8th sold off all their key players. We are losing the backbone of the team. Can we really not convince them to stay?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

This Liverpool and Lambert .....there is nothing on gods green earth we can probably say to convince him to say. Wouldn't matter in NC and MP where here I think Liverpool is the one club Lambert would always leave us for.

This Liverpool and Lambert .....there is nothing on gods green earth we can probably say to convince him to say. Wouldn't matter in NC and MP where here I think Liverpool is the one club Lambert would always leave us for.

No matter what, no team that. Finishes 8th have lost (potentially) this much in the following summer

Teams that go down don't lose as many

Something is wrong

It is simple, we have many very good players and other teams want them. We all enjoyed the media reporting on SFC last season, no other club finishing 8th has received so many accolades and provided 3 players for the England team at a world cup. It was always going to be a very challenging close season. If SRL goes to Liverpool I wish him well, finishing his career at his home town team and playing CL football is no less than he deserves.

These dealings should be treated like any other break-up. Come out of it the best we can and move on. I hope the board are showing all the players they have every intention of keeping them regardless of the offers. I hope they're squeezing every last penny out of the clubs who are offering and I hope they are lining up plenty of replacement options on the sly. Whatever the emotional elements in this and many other transfers (and it does hurt to consider a legend like Rickie going) we have to be hard-nosed and move on.

We should treat players and other clubs in the way that Pochettino did with us: in a very business-like way making sure we get what we need. There is little romance in this - return to boyhood club or not. I feel happy he's getting the chance to play for his home club but that's his business and for him to sort out. My club comes first I'm afraid. When my club get what we want from the deal then I can consider his feelings on the matter. I'm sure no-one out there in football-land is shedding a tear for what will happen at our club between now and the start of next season.

Absolutely 100% spot on! Most sensible post I've read about our current predicament yet.

Personally, I cant begrudge Ricky going home to Liverpool. It's the perfect happy ending for him, and a great time to cash in and reinvest for us (he'll never be worth as much and realistically will spend most of next season on the bench at either club).

See I do begrudge him.

This is not some sort of charity, he is paid millions of £££ by SFC and i don't wish him another pay off. He is rich enough

All well and good wishing these players well when we go down

Gutted he's going. Watching the World Cup might be hard if we have sold all three be then. I wasn't too concerned before I woke up to this news; I think with SRL leaving the chances of keeping others are very slim.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RL with KD were the 2 most responsible for our rise up the leagues, we are losing all we built our recent success on.

I think he deserves his chance and financially to get 4m for him is good business. If you go Rickie I still thank-you, we had the best .

£4m in today's prem is just a no go for us as far as I am concerned. It will cost treble that at least to replace him

Yes but replacement will have a longer lifespan. Not that I would accept £4m as is almost a free in today's prices

The whole story just doesn't ring true, yet the news outlets are all saying the deal is very close with a medical possibly as early as tomorrow. All very puzzling.

Puzzling because Mr Krueger has told us nothing will be decided on any transfers without the involvement of the new manager.

As for the any indicated fee ... £4m plus add-ons? Why would we be interested in add-ons? Mr Krueger has stated, with abundant clarity, that we are in control and any transfers will be under our terms. If Liverpool want to suggest "up to £9m but only £4m plus add-ons" then we should simply say - "no, if you think SRL is worth £9m to you, then pay it all, in full not in installments, in cash, up front, now. And only if our new manager has been involved in the decision making".

Time for Mr Krueger, on his return from Burton, to make a statement and say "No, no, no".

Let's be honest it's a done deal. Still in shock, genuinely thought it was a wind up. We've had a lot of our players linked to clubs, but Rickie was one I wasn't worried about. You can't begrudge him a move, but we won't be able to replace him. And now have to watch him at the World Cup being talked about as a Liverpool player

I can't see where RL fits in with the Liverpool team. Who would he replace ? Unless Suarez is likely to go

He doesn't at all, which is why this is all bizarre. It could be a deal to reduce AL fee and sell-on costs. They may want him as 3rd or 4th striker backup or an alternative to bring on occasionally after 80 minutes.

Or the whole story could be hyped from one rumour.

Accepting the timing of this could hardly be worse but he is one player I would not begrudge his dream move to. I do not think for one minute that he can be properly replaced as he has been truly special for us, but if ever a player deserved his move its him.......................

I can't see where RL fits in with the Liverpool team. Who would he replace ? Unless Suarez is likely to go

I'm sure he will go there as 1st reserve. There were times last year when either Suarez or Sturbridge were missing & having an experienced pro to bring in last year, rather than that did Aspas, would've probably won them the league.

Fit in?

He is technically excellent

And England international

1 of 15 players in Europe that scored more than 10 league goals at the same time assisting a further 10

They have loads more games to play

They are building a squad

What better 3rd striker to have for a couple of years