Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

I'm not sure what the issue is with the board, if you believe the reports, we seem to be turning down various offers. Surely that is what we wan't isn't it, a board room who aren't prepared to roll over.

The latest report regarding declining LP's offer (if you believe the hype) shows the board ARE looking after the clubs interest.

So all you moaners and groaners be grateful we have a top tier with some gonads.

I'm sure that if a player wants to leave it will inevitably happen but it seems it will be despite the boards efforts not because of ....GET A GRIP

If the board has any nous they would release a statement saying NO bids will be entertained until after the world cup.

That way we can get a manager in to plan and try and convince the lads to stay. That way if they still leave, we will have tried our best to keep them and if the other clubs really want them then they can and would wait and possibly push up the price. Would also give us and the new manager a chance to target replacements.

To potentially shop off all our hero's before the world cup and without a manager in place would be absolutely suicidal.

At the moment it is like fly's around **** and ****ing embarressing.

I notice that there is no @amylambert tag next to the name. Does that mean it's a fake? I certainly can't find that user on twitter.

I would guess it's fake.

As I see it the only facts are probably:

1. Liverpool have made an offer.

2. It's been rejected.

If he does go this weekend then literally a couple of days after Ralph's statement he will have lied to the fanbase. That's pretty amateurish.

Which Is why I think it won't happen. You'd have to be a complete moron to make a statement like that and then go back on it only days latter. I guess Lambert could be sold but I don't think it will happen unless sanctioned by the new manager. Then if it happens Ralph didn't lie.

If the board has any nous they would release a statement saying NO bids will be entertained until after the world cup.

That way we can get a manager in to plan and try and convince the lads to stay. That way if they still leave, we will have tried our best to keep them and if the other clubs really want them then they can and would wait and possibly push up the price. Would also give us and the new manager a chance to target replacements.

To potentially shop off all our hero's before the world cup and without a manager in place would be absolutely suicidal.

At the moment it is like fly's around **** and ****ing embarressing.

They said yesterday that no players would be sold without the managers input they can't stop other clubs bidding for our players

If the story had broken as 'Southampton reject Liverpool bid for Rickie Lambert' I don't think any of us would be half as worried

Why? Because we know RL would be mad keen to go, and that they would just come back for him. You never accept the first offer, it's negotiation.

We really do have a bunch of bi-polar idiots in our fan base.

It was only a few months ago that Lambert was "past it" and now it's all pseudo rage and tears no we've had a bid for him.

He'll be 33 next season, and while he proves his doubters wrong time and time again, he clearly struggled for fitness in the middle third of the season, and after a World Cup he will struggle even more next season.

If we can hold out for the £8-10mil that sky are reporting that is a great bit of business.

It was only a few months ago that Lambert was "past it" and now it's all pseudo rage and tears no we've had a bid for him.

He'll be 33 next season, and while he proves his doubters wrong time and time again, he clearly struggled for fitness in the middle third of the season, and after a World Cup he will struggle even more next season.

If we can hold out for the £8-10mil that sky are reporting that is a great bit of business.

This very true

Ok, but I'd be more concerned that Ralph would have gone back on what he said yesterday. No movement until we get a new manager.

If we appoint our new boss before any deal is concluded, then fair enough.

How do you know that?

Because that's how it works. They are in advanced talks, so eventually will find an acceptable fee and Lambert moves. He will be so desperate to move he would probably pay a million himself.

Of course nobody knows for sure, but this deal seems very close, just like the Pochettino one was.

Some of us have said exactly the same on this thread....

If it wasn't for twitter and the feeding frenzy it causes this wouldn't even be spoken about, what actual facts do we have, none

"The south coast club, who finished eighth in the Premier League, are under no financial pressure to sell and are determined not to be pressurised into sanctioning deals by suitors keen to make signings before the World Cup."

Doesnt fit with our own boards comments, does it ?

The screenshot (fake or otherwise) is from facebook not twitter

Gotcha. In which case I have no reason to doubt its validity. Danielle Kelly certainly is a friend of Amy Lambert on Facebook.

Whether he goes is a different story. I guess the right offer has to come.

Shame that all three England players appear, if you believe the papers, to have all but agreed moves which no doubt will be announced after the World Cup. It's not going to be the same watching the games knowing for sure they are Saints players.

Just watched SSN and they are still reporting between 8 and 10 mil so I don't know where this 4 mil has come from !

Still refuse to believe it though, as he is currently with the England squad and (for sure) it would send out the worst possible signal of a firesale should it actually transpire !

(Have just seen the BBC article but surely 4m is derisory, even if true!)

Edited by eurosaint

I have this vision of "special excuses" being made for each player departure over the summer.

No.

They are Saints players.

They are contracted to us.

The board is employed to protect to the best of their ability the interests of SFC, not pander to childhood dreams

He was perfectly happy at Saints until today.

SSN just showed RK interview yesterday saying no player will be sold until we get a new manager and that no deals have been done

So is RK a flat out bull sh1tter or is this nothing but a rumour ?

Doesnt fit with our own boards comments, does it ?

I believe that that statement was a naive comment from somebody who didn't seem to understand the nature of football finances, ( particularly given the new EPL TV deal ) - yes we owed what looked like a large sum of money, but as has been done to death elsewhere, it should have been viewed as more of a mortgage againt the TV money rather than a deadweight around the club's neck.

Some of us have said exactly the same on this thread....

If it wasn't for twitter and the feeding frenzy it causes this wouldn't even be spoken about, what actual facts do we have, none

Fair enough, I couldn't be bothered to sift through the terrible posts to find any good ones.

Ok, but I'd be more concerned that Ralph would have gone back on what he said yesterday. No movement until we get a new manager.

If we appoint our new boss before any deal is concluded, then fair enough.

Things change. Manager or no manager, if Liverpool pull out of the deal because we mess them around then we'll have missed out on a great deal (providing we get the price sky are quoting)

Putting sentiment aside, if anyone can honestly said they'd turn down that kind of money for a 32 year old striker they're mental.

We could use that money to buy Ings.

I believe that that statement was a naive comment from somebody who didn't seem to understand the nature of football finances,

Why are appointing such people to our board ?

Anyway, its an issue of perception and interpretation as much as anything. To me it opened the door for other clubs that had been slammed firmly shut by NC.