Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have not accepted Liverpool offer for Lambert but talks continue & #SaintsFC won't stand in his way if they get right deal #LFC

@bbcsport_david: Southampton have already rejected offers this summer for Luke Shaw from Manchester United & Adam Lallana from Liverpool #SaintsFC #mufc #lfc

So How would we feel if we lost Lambert but kept Luke and Adam?

Edited by doddisalegend

F... The Money. I want to see him playing for us like most others. ******** to good business, we need to keep him. You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate

Really? Because saying ******** to good business workes out so well for us in the past, didn't it?

I hope its true. The guy has been an absolute colossus for Saints. Putting aside whatever is going on at our club, Lambert to Liverpool is his dream move and would be a second lot of icing on the cake (after his World Cup call up) for his astounding rise through the ranks. Good luck to him. There is no one more deserving.

This, but AFTER THE WORLD CUP.

For Christ sake - it's not about the money it's about selling off our players. You cannot pick £9m to play at centre forward.......

Lambert has been priceless to us - who cares what the fee is for any of our players within reason.... We had a great opportunity to be a somebody in the Premier League and it's being thrown away!!!

We will probably never have a chance like this again in a generation....... It stinks. You will not replace Lambert or three quarters of our squad with anyone even remotely as good.....

This is beyond belief.....

Spot on Sir

I'll stick my head above the parapet and get shot at.

My take on what's happened is Liverpool have made an offer, Saints will make no response on the basis that they would allow RL to leave if that is his wish but are not in a position to have that discussion as he is with England.

I would like to think Saints will do everything they can to keep him, but if a big payday is on offer late in his career and he wants it, unless we can match it, it's the fairest thing Saints can do for RL.

But would be gutted to see him go.

So many people over reacting again. Calm the **** down.

It's really not THAT bad a deal. I can understand why everyone is getting annoyed and yes it's upsetting to lose a club legend BUT as a club this isn't that bad a deal. Decent money for a striker we have tried to replace and were having to replace in the future anyway. It's an absolute dream move for him. Good luck to him but for us, I think it's a chance to bring in 1 more striker, let Gallagher keep progressing as a player and maybe bring Jay Rodriguez in a more central role. It's an evolution that was always going to happen, we probably didn't envisage us selling him, probably expecting him to settle for being on the bench a lot over the next year or two before he retired. It's a shame, but who can blame him and I really don't think we could have stood in his way. Talisman for us? Sure, but we've been trying to move on anyway, Osvaldo was supposed to be his replacement, Lambert nearly went in January until that whole thing blew up. We needed to move on anyway, now we have to.

I'm just chuffed for Lambert himself. Chuffed he gets a dream move rather than fading out with us.

It turns my stomach what I'm reading here!

I've never, ever come across such a bunch of unprincipled, squirming, mealy-mouthed, sh*t-stirring, ready to believe the first bad word, bed-wetting non-supporters in my life.

I pray to god none of you have bought STs (not that I imagine any of you ever have) and that none of you will turn up to games, the stench from your plastic filth would make me wretch.

You really should be f*cking disgusted with yourselves.

Here's some more made up rumours...

Boruc is being sold for £2.5m to Wolves

Fonte is going home to SC Lisbon for an undisclosed fee.

Sammy Saint is really a girl!

My take on what's happened is Liverpool have made an offer, Saints will make no response on the basis that they would allow RL to leave if that is his wish but are not in a position to have that discussion as he is with England.

I would like to think Saints will do everything they can to keep him, but if a big payday is on offer late in his career and he wants it, unless we can match it, it's the fairest thing Saints can do for RL.

This would be my take on things

It turns my stomach what I'm reading here!

I've never, ever come across such a bunch of unprincipled, squirming, mealy-mouthed, sh*t-stirring, ready to believe the first bad word, bed-wetting non-supporters in my life.

I pray to god none of you have bought STs (not that I imagine any of you ever have) and that none of you will turn up to games, the stench from your plastic filth would make me wretch.

You really should be f*cking disgusted with yourselves.

Here's some more made up rumours...

Boruc is being sold for £2.5m to Wolves

Fonte is going home to SC Lisbon for an undisclosed fee.

Sammy Saint is really a girl!

Yep

Is this part of their f*cking nicey-nice core values - getting all sentimental and granting players their 'dream' moves?

You are ripping apart the heart and soul of the team you ridiculously inept f*cks.

I'm with this guy ^

If Lambert goes and Lallana stays that would be a result for us. Nobody begrudges RL a final bumper payday with his home town club. I think that Liverpool are trying to unsettle us while we have no manager in place. If Les Reed allows this to happen without the approval of anyone else then he needs shooting.

BBC saying

Southampton have not yet accepted Liverpool's offer for Lambert, but talks are continuing and if Saints receive an offer they deem acceptable they will not stand in his way.

I'm guessing 4 million is not acceptable I still struggle to see where he would fit in at Liverpool apart from warming the subs bench.

Well put, exactly this.

do any of you stop and think for one minute that players may have clauses in their contracts that allow them to talk to other clubs if a clause is triggered???.....suppose it is just easier to blame someone else.....seems to be the norm nowadays this blame culture....

Bo0_RHUIEAADWSj.jpg

If this is genuine, then you, ThreeSixty, are either a friend of Amy Lambert or a friend of hers has sent this to you since this is not visible to the public - either way that's a pretty low betrayal of trust

Or you're a scam merchant.

do any of you stop and think for one minute that players may have clauses in their contracts that allow them to talk to other clubs if a clause is triggered???.....suppose it is just easier to blame someone else.....seems to be the norm nowadays this blame culture....

Come on. If we sell the players it is strongly suggested we will then someone has to be ultimately responsible. It would be a firesale that I can 't remember seeing before in the PL.

Lost for words

I was a firm believer in the board,but if we sell Lambert I will be questioning that choice,I was under the impression nobody was going until a new manager was found?

What does £4mill buy you these days? Nothing that can replace Lambert,didn't we pay £4mill for Mayuka

After such a good 4-5 years,it looks like dark times are ahead

If this is genuine, then you, ThreeSixty, are either a friend of Amy Lambert or a friend of hers has sent this to you since this is not visible to the public - either way that's a pretty low betrayal of trust

It's real

As sad as it is to see him go (if its true) I don't see how anyone could stop or begrudge him this move. Lets look at the facts. He is a striker the wrong side of 30 and probably has one decent season left in him, he is one of the highest earners at the club, at his age one knock could finish him, we paid £1m for him in league 1, we are going to more than double our money on him, add in to that the extra income his goals have brought and its been a bloody good bit of business all round. If we re-invest the money in one or two younger strikers then there will be no complaints from me, and a big thank you and good luck Sir Rickie Lambert!

Agree with this but you don't do this now (before the WC) and not after what RK just said as it makes him and the board look even more like a set of mugs than they do already

Having said that he was struggling anyway last season so to get 4m or whatever for him to sit on the bench at Anfield is good business

Whatever happens he deserves to be treated as a legend at this club

I know it's hard to comprehend that Liverpool signing Rickie will directly make the sale price of Lallana fall comprehensively, perhaps by selling Rickie we're making room in the squad for the only player Liverpool were happy to offer as part exchange for AL - Fabio Borini? So £20mill (for example) + Borini, meaning if we sell Rickie for £8 million including add ons, we've still made £23million (25% of £20mill plus £8mill). Plausible if Liverpool weren't going to budge on their offer for AL but he was determined to move.

Pure speculation on my part, just one of many possible yet unlikely theories I suppose!

who gives a fck how he got it if it's genuine

it's in fans interest him posting it so fair play to him

Took me 2 mins to make this.....

image.jpg