Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

Agree with this but you don't do this now (before the WC) and not after what RK just said as it makes him and the board look even more like a set of mugs than they do already

Having said that he was struggling anyway last season so to get 4m or whatever for him to sit on the bench at Anfield is good business

Whatever happens he deserves to be treated as a legend at this club

Lambert may well go, but not for 4M.. that buys nothing in today's market.. he's England CF so I would think we will hold out for 8M at least.

4m is a ****ing joke. even 9m is NOT a good deal at all for us because we are going to have to spend double of that to replace srl!!

i know its the trend now not to begrudge him the move, its his boyhood club etc, etc. but don't forget who we are supporting here, we are supporting southampton fc! and this deal is not in any way 'good' for us. not now, we need to stand firm and at least delay the ****ing deals until the new manager comes in ffs. letting our club legend go like this after the statement from the chairman yesterday might just be the thing that opens the floodgates. i would feel sorry for srl but unfortunately sometimes life is not fair, we need to think for the club now and not get sentimental.

i'm on the fence about the board but if this does go through this week, i don't think i'll be too quick to believe any statements made by the board in future

Lambert may well go, but not for 4M.. that buys nothing in today's market.. he's England CF so I would think we will hold out for 8M at least.

From the BBC comment it's clear no offer yet accepted and no comment on what would be enough - just that it would need to be acceptable AND RL would want to go.

This is quite distressing news . I think the sooner this nonsense is over with the better .

I was looking forward to supporting England . But if all 3 go before the start if the World Cup then stuff England stuff Liverpool and stuff MP . Has ever a club been potentially ripped apart like we are . I bet the skates are celebrating our potential misery

I don t have any angst re the board . . Some of the comments about them tonight are just obscene . Some of you should be very ashamed. If Rickies news is true . Then cortesse and co are really nasty vindictive ex employers .

If this is genuine, then you, ThreeSixty, are either a friend of Amy Lambert or a friend of hers has sent this to you since this is not visible to the public - either way that's a pretty low betrayal of trust

Or you're a scam merchant.

Lol

Get over yourself.

I got it from another forum.

From the BBC comment it's clear no offer yet accepted and no comment on what would be enough - just that it would need to be acceptable AND RL would want to go.

There is no doubt he'd want to join Liverpool. Boyhood club, better team, CL football, moving home - I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't join them.

Just one more fabrication, along with the Lallana, Shaw, JRod, Lovren, Clyne, Fonte and Schneiderlin speculation. Steven Davis must be quite upset that no one wants him. Two things we have been told by reliable sources are (1) that players in the England squad have been told not to be involved in any club transfers while England are competing in the World Cup; and (2) that no Saints players will be transferred out without the involvement of the new manager. One other thing we know is that most of what the press write about player moves within the game is without any foundation.

There is no doubt he'd want to join Liverpool. Boyhood club' date=' better team, CL football, moving home - I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't join them.[/quote']

Accepted, but against that wouldn't play much, doubt he'd play any CL. Would he want to fizzle out on the bench?

This one has come right out of nowhere. Even the press did not see this coming. I certainly didn't. Rickie was one of the few players I thought was going nowhere.

He is a fantastic footballer and human being. A true talisman. If this happens then I will miss him terribly but I just CANNOT begrudge it to him. His is a true Roy of the Rovers story and nobody deserves a final pay day and dream move more than he does.

The issue for Saints is just having a plan B. He is currently indispensable so there has to be a viable plan to obtain a new forward line.

Good luck to him but please let it be a progressive move. I don't think his body can take playing every game any more. This could be a great piece of business or a terrible one depending on what comes after.

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOAAAAARD!

USELESS C**TS THE LOT OF THEM, F**K OFF KRUEGER YOU KRAUT C**T AND F**K OFF KATHARINA AS WELL.

I bet Aldershot don't have these problems :)

This just doesn't make sense from Saints perspective. £4m is nothing when you consider we are likely to sell Shaw and Lallana for much bigger fees later in the summer, and there's no way we will get someone else who does what Rickie does for us for £4m.

I just don't see why we would even be considering agreeing to this deal now when we don't have a manager and we don't know who else will be leaving yet - we just seem to be operating with no clear strategy, unless that strategy is to get relegated next season. If we want to move players on at this stage, it should be the ones we don't need - could understand if we were selling Osvaldo or Ramirez who clearly haven't fitted in.

We are an absolute joke.

F**k off Krueger you clueless c^nt , f**k off Katharina you're a useless c**t nothing like your old man.

Just go back to Switzerland and leave us be you f**king bunch...

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOAAAAARD!

USELESS C**TS THE LOT OF THEM, F**K OFF KRUEGER YOU KRAUT C**T AND F**K OFF KATHARINA AS WELL.

You're coming across as a bit retarded.

Blakeysfc

Sorry mate your out of order re sacking the board ,

For a start who would we have to run the club . Maybe a consortium , of you alpine and Charlie boy .

I would have a wager the club will be as hacked of as most of us re this Rickie story .

I'm trying to relax but there are so many false stories being bandied about . You just don't know what is real and what isn't .

I'm hurting but I'm not going to call for the sacking of the board or hurling abuse at KL

Markus would be turning in his grave with some of the abuse that being thrown about

Accepted, but against that wouldn't play much, doubt he'd play any CL. Would he want to fizzle out on the bench?

Yes - it's the last dream for him to tick off. He wouldn't play regularly but representing England at the World Cup and your boyhood team in the European Cup is as good as it gets.

I feel for him, but we cannot let him go. Not now. When the new manager is in and there are replacements lined up then maybe, but we have to be certain that we have a strikeforce which can adjust to a Southampton team without Rickie Lambert

Just one more fabrication, along with the Lallana, Shaw, JRod, Lovren, Clyne, Fonte and Schneiderlin speculation. Steven Davis must be quite upset that no one wants him. Two things we have been told by reliable sources are (1) that players in the England squad have been told not to be involved in any club transfers while England are competing in the World Cup; and (2) that no Saints players will be transferred out without the involvement of the new manager. One other thing we know is that most of what the press write about player moves within the game is without any foundation.

Sensible perspective on what's going on.

Yes - it's the last dream for him to tick off. He wouldn't play regularly but representing England at the World Cup and your boyhood team in the European Cup is as good as it gets.

I feel for him, but we cannot let him go. Not now. When the new manager is in and there are replacements lined up then maybe, but we have to be certain that we have a strikeforce which can adjust to a Southampton team without Rickie Lambert

Agreed, the club has to come first and he's under contract.