Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

I don't understand why people limit this list. If you think all these will go, what reason do you think Wanyama, Rodriguez, Clyne would stay? I think Wanyama will be off very soon. He hasn't been here long, is clearly ambitious and wants to get back to the CL. Pochettinno might sign him again.

Wonder if it could continue down to players like JWP and Reed. Be interesting to see what happens as no financially sound club, and certainly no premier league club has ever had a massive sell off. Especially a club doing well. Would seem utterly bizarre to risk relegation and a huge drop in revenues if they wanted to make money.

Cortese must be loving it. He can just sit back and convince idiots it would all have been so different under him, without ever actually having to prove it.

Maybe saints have an inside scoop that sky is going bust and there will be no more 80m pay days to come.

Can't remember a top half club selling more than one of their star players. So the talk of 5/6 players leaving is nonsense, especially as you say the remaining 5/6 first teamers wouldn't hang about either if any club ever did that.

Honestly the hysteria on here is palpable.

He hasn't gone yet, and if he does I am sure we will get good money for him. I will be as gutted as the next fan to lose a player who has been a talisman on our journey. But we have to accept his age and the possibility he may not fit in the new managers plans.

There does seem a concerted effort from clubs and the press to try it on with Saints to see if the change of board has become a change of policy in respect of selling players. This may well be orchestrated from a small bunker near Milan.

So what evidence do we actually have? Krueger has repeatedly said we won't sell on anything but our terms. We have yet to sell one player, this includes the Arsenal Schneiderlin bid we rejected in January. I wasn't a fan of Krueger when I met him but would be amazed if he makes a strong statement on Wednesday and sells a club idol by the weekend.

It may all go to rat ****, but let's judge it on the whole summer rather than getting all Chicken Lickin. If it is any consolation this is how Liverpool fans are feeling about Suarez and Citeh fans are feeling about Aguero and Toure.

Our run of improvement will have to slowdown and reverse at some point. Maybe now, maybe later - but as a Public Enemy put it, "don't believe the hype".

Hope you copied this post, you might need to keep trotting it out before all our main players leave

What a bunch of bedwetters. Let's wait and see if this actually happens.

Some of the abuse the board are getting on here is unbelievable, from people who have no clue what's going on behind the scenes and are just guessing.

Quick reality check needed, we haven't actually sold any players yet.

I don't understand why people limit this list. If you think all these will go, what reason do you think Wanyama, Rodriguez, Clyne would stay? I think Wanyama will be off very soon. He hasn't been here long, is clearly ambitious and wants to get back to the CL. Pochettinno might sign him again.

Wonder if it could continue down to players like JWP and Reed. Be interesting to see what happens as no financially sound club, and certainly no premier league club has ever had a massive sell off. Especially a club doing well. Would seem utterly bizarre to risk relegation and a huge drop in revenues if they wanted to make money.

Cortese must be loving it. He can just sit back and convince idiots it would all have been so different under him, without ever actually having to prove it.

That middle sentence sums up my bemusement - if there's no need to sell and we aren't being asset stripped, why this fire sale? The comparison was Pompey in the late 2000s but that was a club leaking money all over the place and with no infrastructure - hardly true of us.

I've tried to ignore the likes of Charlie, Crab Lungs and the other doom mongers but when even the sensible posters think something is badly wrong, then there probably is.

Still feel cheated by Rickie and Adam though, stabbed the fans in the back.

Not too bothered about lambert leaving tbh, he was looking sluggish and off the pace last year and needs replacing anyway, we might as well cash out on him before he retires.he gets to play for his childhood club we get a payday for a player whos had his best days,everyones a winner bar liverpool

Been told to expect it to be all done by Sunday and fee would be around the 4 million maybe a little more with possible add ons.

Re manager shortlist again told that 3 or 4 on it and all not based in UK so expect a foreign appointment.

This my 3rd an final post so good night all chin up.

3rd final post? No please stay, you given such valuable information that cannot be found in newspaper articles! 'We want 4th, we want 4th..'

Been told to expect it to be all done by Sunday and fee would be around the 4 million maybe a little more with possible add ons.

Re manager shortlist again told that 3 or 4 on it and all not based in UK so expect a foreign appointment.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Some info on the manager would be welcomed in the morning!!!! God, we need some good news.....

If true(which I doubt) it is an embarrassingly low fee. Would make the board appear to be a bunch of two faced soft touch imbeciles.

From memory this is 1st Rate ITK stuff from K Billy. So long Rickie.

KBS strike rate surely worthy of a free pass to the forum on the proviso there are more snippets forthcoming?

To be honest, as crap as it is for us, you cannot help but feel a sense of pride to see Lambert turning out for his home town club. It's a story that will warm the hearts of any football fan - a wonderful journey and he deserves every single bit of it.

Top bloke, always will be remembered as one of our best strikers in my generation.

Can't deny him this if it's true.

He's been a fantastic player for Saints and will always be a legend.

That said he is 32, and a scouser to boot, so can't blame if if he wants to join LFC as a bench warmer.

Just don't sign before the world cup ;-)

oh and he's worth more like £8 million to Rogers!

Hate to see him go but hope he has a briliant season there if he does, except for losing the games against Saints obviously. Been part of an amazing story at the club and have many brilliant memories thanks to him.

That middle sentence sums up my bemusement - if there's no need to sell and we aren't being asset stripped, why this fire sale? The comparison was Pompey in the late 2000s but that was a club leaking money all over the place and with no infrastructure - hardly true of us.

I've tried to ignore the likes of Charlie, Crab Lungs and the other doom mongers but when even the sensible posters think something is badly wrong, then there probably is.

Still feel cheated by Rickie and Adam though, stabbed the fans in the back.

Who have we sold? We have had some offers that at this time have all been rejected.

To be honest, as crap as it is for us, you cannot help but feel a sense of pride to see Lambert turning out for his home town club. It's a story that will warm the hearts of any football fan - a wonderful journey and he deserves every single bit of it.

Top bloke, always will be remembered as one of our best strikers in my generation.

This.

I will be sad to see him go . He is and always will be a saints legend

I do not remember King Billy. But there is a glimmer of optimism in his post re chin up .

And a smile icon . I hope he is conveying a positive message to us concerned saints fans .

What i want is for all the three saints lads to remain saints players till after the World Cup . At least I can say we had 3 saints lads playing in the World Cup . I don't want the scousers etc they had x number of players in the World Cup squad when they have never played for them

Can't help but agree, heartbreaking though it may feel to see someone so absolutely synonymous with the wonderful five years we have had depart regardless of the circumstance.

If they pay 7/8m up front I have no problem with him getting opportunity to play for him hometown club. If they've bid the derisory 4m then I have a great problem and I'll spit feathers watching him play for them.

Frank De Boer...

"delighted to announce", surely?

'@SouthamptonFC are pleased to announce Chris Hughton as First-Team Manager on a 3 Year Contract'

Chairman Ralph Krueger said, "Chris was the outstanding candidate during the process and we are delighted to welcome his leadership qualities to Southampton Saints. We have a superb Academy here in the New Forest and with Chris we feel this can flourish and are targeting glory in the U18 Barclay's Premier League."

Chris will also manage the first team.

Can't help but think of this song right about now.

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young

In a world of magnets and miracles

Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary

The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway

Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps

Running before time took our dreams away

Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground

To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener

The light was brighter

With friends surrounded

The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us

To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side

Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again

Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled

We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition

There's a hunger still unsatisfied

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon

Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener

The light was brighter

The taste was sweeter

The nights of wonder

With friends surrounded

The dawn mist glowing

The water flowing

The endless river

Forever and ever

Edited by Colinjb

Yeah you can

I don't agree. Adam could easily have fckued off for 500k when we went into League One but chose to stay, he owes the club nothing. Rickie has been magnificent for us, surpassed all expectations, paid us back tenfold and you can understand him wanting to play for the team he supports...just as we would if we were in the same situation.

I don't want to them to go either but you can understand their motives - I trust the club will get the right deal for them.

Very sad to see him go but it's fitting that he scored on his last apperance as he did in his 1st. Only feels like yesterday.

I'm off to bed to cry into my wife's jugs...

Can i come?

Oh...too late :(

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc Lambert hoping to have deal done in time for a medical on Saturday - Saints won't stand in his way if deal right - club say they're under no financial pressure to sell players - have already turned down offers for Lallana & Shaw

I don't agree. Adam could easily have fckued off for 500k when we went into League One but chose to stay, he owes the club nothing. Rickie has been magnificent for us, surpassed all expectations, paid us back tenfold and you can understand him wanting to play for the team he supports...just as we would if we were in the same situation.

You can. They signed on the dotted line and happy to do so whilst raking in millions of £££££

They signed to commit to us, so we should hold them to it (as much as possible)

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc Lambert hoping to have deal done in time for a medical on Saturday - Saints won't stand in his way if deal right - club say >>

In that case please make the deal wrong......hopefully we've told them we want 15 million and Raheem Sterling or they can **** off

5 years building this team and it looks like it will be taken apart in one summer. What's the ****ing point?

Got a feeling ''What's the ****ing point?'' will be replacing ''It's Happening'' on the SMS banners shortly.

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc Lambert hoping to have deal done in time for a medical on Saturday - Saints won't stand in his way if deal right - club say >>

Ralph can go fuk himself if this happens

Completely lied to us all if so

Don't sign a contract of multiple years and benefitting from all that security only to jump ship five minutes later when a better offer comes. Mind you contracts are only given so that clubs can benefit from a transfer fee should another club want them.

You can. They signed on the dotted line and happy to do so whilst raking in millions of £££££

They signed to commit to us, so we should hold them to it (as much as possible)

I don't think these deals are about the £££ from their perspective. What's the point of keeping any player who doesn't want to be here.