Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

Come on guys. I know this is quite sad what is happening to us but if Lamberts boyhood team come in for him at 32 and offer him a final payday and the possibility of CL football, he's is going to force the move and so he should. Don't start on the board again, they're only honoring his decision and will get the best deal for us. This only happened today i believe so we haven't be lied to at all. The bid has been rejected, but all parties think it will happen eventually.

There's no official confirmation there's been a bid.

There's some dodgy Facebook material

We've only scumbag journos who are peddling the story that this bid has been rejected

Then as a club we are perfectly within our rights to block the move if any offer isn't massively over our valuation.

Or did they only bid today' date=' after his interview?[/quote']

He did say there would be "transactions". Would imagine they have known for a while which players are looking for a way out this summer.

We have a major, major, major rebuild to do, so makes sense to get these deals done as soon as possible and just move on.

Honestly the hysteria on here is palpable.

He hasn't gone yet, and if he does I am sure we will get good money for him. I will be as gutted as the next fan to lose a player who has been a talisman on our journey. But we have to accept his age and the possibility he may not fit in the new managers plans.

There does seem a concerted effort from clubs and the press to try it on with Saints to see if the change of board has become a change of policy in respect of selling players. This may well be orchestrated from a small bunker near Milan.

So what evidence do we actually have? Krueger has repeatedly said we won't sell on anything but our terms. We have yet to sell one player, this includes the Arsenal Schneiderlin bid we rejected in January. I wasn't a fan of Krueger when I met him but would be amazed if he makes a strong statement on Wednesday and sells a club idol by the weekend.

It may all go to rat ****, but let's judge it on the whole summer rather than getting all Chicken Lickin. If it is any consolation this is how Liverpool fans are feeling about Suarez and Citeh fans are feeling about Aguero and Toure.

Our run of improvement will have to slowdown and reverse at some point. Maybe now, maybe later - but as a Public Enemy put it, "don't believe the hype".

There's no official confirmation there's been a bid.

There's some dodgy Facebook material

We've only scumbag journos who are peddling the story that this bid has been rejected

Then as a club we are perfectly within our rights to block the move if any offer isn't massively over our valuation.

I believe what Adam Blackmore tweeted tbh, he is quite well connected

Honestly the hysteria on here is palpable.

He hasn't gone yet, and if he does I am sure we will get good money for him. I will be as gutted as the next fan to lose a player who has been a talisman on our journey. But we have to accept his age and the possibility he may not fit in the new managers plans.

There does seem a concerted effort from clubs and the press to try it on with Saints to see if the change of board has become a change of policy in respect of selling players. This may well be orchestrated from a small bunker near Milan.

So what evidence do we actually have? Krueger has repeatedly said we won't sell on anything but our terms. We have yet to sell one player, this includes the Arsenal Schneiderlin bid we rejected in January. I wasn't a fan of Krueger when I met him but would be amazed if he makes a strong statement on Wednesday and sells a club idol by the weekend.

It may all go to rat ****, but let's judge it on the whole summer rather than getting all Chicken Lickin. If it is any consolation this is how Liverpool fans are feeling about Suarez and Citeh fans are feeling about Aguero and Toure.

Our run of improvement will have to slowdown and reverse at some point. Maybe now, maybe later - but as a Public Enemy put it, "don't believe the hype".

1. The efforts of other clubs are working, we HAVE changed our stance.

2. Liverpool may lose Suarez or City may lose Toure. We are set to lose FIVE of our best players.

How quickly the doubting Thomas's reveal themselves. FFS give RK a chance. This is yet another unsubstantiated rumour.

Also, ask yourselves this - how much more football has Rickie got in him anyway? He may be on the way out here anyway this season if new strikers come in.

There's nothing we can do to stop him leaving and Liverpool know it. It's gutting but inevitable.

He's under contract so yes we can stop him. Especially since Liverpool have shown every sign of trying to pinch our players dirt cheap if the quoted bids for others have any substance to them.

Just one more fabrication, along with the Lallana, Shaw, JRod, Lovren, Clyne, Fonte and Schneiderlin speculation. Steven Davis must be quite upset that no one wants him. Two things we have been told by reliable sources are (1) that players in the England squad have been told not to be involved in any club transfers while England are competing in the World Cup; and (2) that no Saints players will be transferred out without the involvement of the new manager. One other thing we know is that most of what the press write about player moves within the game is without any foundation.

No this isn't the truth. To address your two points:

1. It's not true that Saints players in the England squad have been told not to be involved in any club transfers while England are competing in the World Cup. Who told them this? Woy said he wouldn't allow any player to be distracted by club transfers but he also said he wouldn't mind them having a medical etc. Besides - England are not currently involved in the WC

2. The chairman did not say that no Saints players will be transferred out without the involvement of the new manager. What he did say was "We want the (new) manager to make some decisions and be involved with who comes and goes" Key word in bold....

He's under contract so yes we can stop him. Especially since Liverpool have shown every sign of trying to pinch our players dirt cheap if the quoted bids for others have any substance to them.

We can reject bids but eventually he'll hand in a transfer request.

It's not. It's being reported by all the papers, BBC, Sky, Lambert's family, SWF ITKs - what more do you want?

All the papers/SKY/BBC = media

Lambert's family? Maybe responding to rumours.

SWF ITK? Don't make me laugh.

I'll wait until there's real news.

Not that I believe a word of any of the transfer rumours until they are done deals, but just speculating on this particular one - I reckon that is FANTASTIC news if it happened to be true. Rickie goes out of Saints as a true legend (as opposed to half way through next season when everybody is saying he's past it...again...) and gets a pay-off plus a move to the club he has supported all his life. Plus Saints get a decent wedge towards his replacement.

Of all the potential transfers out this summer, then this is the one that I would at least get a sense of satisfaction out of.

Why would Liverpool want Lambert? They could have easily gone for the likes of Remy, Bony or even Michu...

To enable some of the Lallana transfer fee to buried so we pay Bournemouth less than we should. As everyone said, 8-9M for a 32 year-old is ridiculous.

And its a sh*tty way to treat Bournemouth.

All the papers/SKY/BBC = media

Lambert's family? Maybe responding to rumours.

SWF ITK? Don't make me laugh.

I'll wait until there's real news.

Haha, wait all you like mate. You are just delaying the inevitable, just like those who said Poch was staying.

Lambert will go.

Lallana will go

Shaw will go

Morgan and Lovren will most likely go.

Yes it's crap but no point pretending or hoping otherwise because you will just be disappointed.

FYI - Guan is ITK.

Haha, wait all you like mate. You are just delaying the inevitable, just like those who said Poch was staying.

Lambert will go.

Lallana will go

Shaw will go

Yes it's crap but no point pretending or hoping otherwise because you will just be disappointed.

FYI - Guan is ITK.

Never heard the term odd player being used to describe selling 5/6 of first team. Must be a new dictionary word meaning bs.

We can reject bids but eventually he'll hand in a transfer request.

What does that actually mean? If a player asks for a transfer the club just says no and you are in exactly the same position you were before he asked for a transfer aren't you? Handing in transfer requests these days seems to just be players willing to forgo their entitled loyalty payment to make the transfer more palatable to the owning club.

Lambert will go.

Lallana will go

Shaw will go

FYI - Guan is ITK.

I dont remember hardly anyone saying Poch would stay, but more for people to wait until we got some news.

To enable some of the Lallana transfer fee to buried so we pay Bournemouth less than we should. As everyone said, 8-9M for a 32 year-old is ridiculous.

And its a sh*tty way to treat Bournemouth.

Except the sell on fee for Lambert to Bristol

What does that actually mean? If a player asks for a transfer the club just says no and you are in exactly the same position you were before he asked for a transfer aren't you? Handing in transfer requests these days seems to just be players willing to forgo their entitled loyalty payment to make the transfer more palatable to the owning club.

Yes, but you are left with a really ****ed off player. He doesn't seem the type of bloke who'd pull a Kenwyne Jones on us though.

Can't remember such a story. I remember how many were doubting him stepping up from L1 to the Championship and how happy I was to see him play even better at that level. To step up again and improve each season as a footballer, score against the best teams in the country, make a spectacular England debut, play well enough to get a place in the World Cup squad and then seal a move to his boyhood club who are returning to the Champions League.

Unbelievable rise and couldn't happen to a nicer guy. So much fear and vitriol on sites like this but sometimes it's nice to see people like Rickie have these things happen. Gutting for Saints, impossible to replace but we'll just have to move on and find other options.

Yes, but he's done it with the support of all of us and the club taking a punt on him for £1m when others wouldn't. Yet now those of us who spent hours in the car driving to watch him and Lallana don't come into these players' thinking and they are apparently 'intent' on leaving the club. If RK and KL are doing the club over and these players claim to love the club, at least they should say so. Feels like all the progress over the last 5 years was for nothing and no interest in watching the 3 players for England in the WC either now. If Rickie leaves us at this time of crisis, mods please take Rickie off the banner.

Feel sorry for the fans on here too young to have watched MLT, there was a loyal hero with integrity and class.