Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

I'm getting proper fed up now, keep trying to be optimistic and telling my boys all will be ok but how many punches are we going to take. I've just got a horrible feeling 6 or 7 will go and the club will be put up for sale. Tin hats required !

Could someone please translate this for us non-twitter users?

Someone changed their twitter alias to a well known reporter, tweeted a rumour that Lambert was going, and it was re-tweeted by journos and kind of took off from there.

I'm stunned Sky have picked it up though, still kind of feel they've had their pants pulled down....but why are other reporters now confirming it....not sure they'd all be taken for a ride!

I'm getting proper fed up now, keep trying to be optimistic and telling my boys all will be ok but how many punches are we going to take. I've just got a horrible feeling 6 or 7 will go and the club will be put up for sale. Tin hats required !

Then that would be silly. Surely we'd be a more attractive sale as a club with our best players here?

Would be a dim-wit business move.

Someone changed their twitter alias to a well known reporter, tweeted a rumour that Lambert was going, and it was re-tweeted by journos and kind of took off from there.

I'm stunned Sky have picked it up though, still kind of feel they've had their pants pulled down....but why are other reporters now confirming it....not sure they'd all be taken for a ride!

what do Sky care, they've made a shedload of money from ridiculous bets, or will they be handing it back to the punters ?

So this whole thing is a wind up?

Would be the most damning indictment of the sports press if it turns out to be b*****ks.

Why are you ? A lot of Sky Sources turnu out to be local journos close to a club.

Then that would be silly. Surely we'd be a more attractive sale as a club with our best players here?

Would be a dim-wit business move.

nope players might be worth more than the club, if we can't make a reasonable profit on 100 million£ annual revenues then we might as well sell the component parts and bin the rest or let it slide back into obscurity..

nope players might be worth more than the club, if we can't make a reasonable profit on 100 million£ annual revenues then we might as well sell the component parts and bin the rest or let it slide back into obscurity..

Excited for the future.

Thanks. And what about the claim that the Times reporter said it was happening?

Willing to bet that they've all taken it from the same source and made a few calls to people who have also taken it from the same source.

I love SRL, he's a legend but can you see Liverpool really paying £9m for him when it's obvious that they are shopping for a back 4? If they do, they're nuts.

Exactly !

Willing to bet that they've all taken it from the same source and made a few calls to people who have also taken it from the same source.

I love SRL, he's a legend but can you see Liverpool really paying £9m for him when it's obvious that they are shopping for a back 4? If they do, they're nuts.

It would be bizarre, doesn't even fit the way they play. They have a young lad they're bringing through, can't exactly remember his name right now....but they also have Sturridge, Suarez, Aspas, Alberto...Sterling can play through the middle too. Based on the speed Brendon got rid of Carroll, I don't think he's after that sort of striker. esp. not for 9 flaming million.

@dankerins: Okay, so Rickie Lambert to Liverpool is real. I genuinely did not see that one coming. #saintsfc

@SimonPeach: Not had anything firmed up on the talk of Lambert to #LFC but, put it this way, nobody has told me it's a rumour without foundation.

@gordonsimpson: Lambert to Liverpool, if true (which it increasingly sounds like it is), is a jaw dropper. #saintsfc

Hahahahahaha what a load of ********.

Would be one of the strangest transfers ever, why would Rodgers get rid of Carroll a few years ago and then want to buy Rickie now, doesn't make any sense.

:lol: :lol:

Because Lambert is better and nothing like Carroll?

The owners could always get rid of the assets, pay themselves large sums of money and still put the club up for sale.

My feeling was they would do the below.

1) NC leave

2) get a replacement for NC to market the club.

3) Poch leave

4) put the club on the market.

5) replace Poch with a cheap option

6) start transferring players for big money (if no one was coming forward at the price the owners were looking for.

7) put the club on the market for less, but pocket large amounts if money from transfer fees, to make up the difference.

I was hoping this would not be true, but 'some' of this seems to be happen.

It would be bizarre, doesn't even fit the way they play. They have a young lad they're bringing through, can't exactly remember his name right now....but they also have Sturridge, Suarez, Aspas, Alberto...Sterling can play through the middle too. Based on the speed Brendon got rid of Carroll, I don't think he's after that sort of striker. esp. not for 9 flaming million.

I dont think he is interested in Lallana at 30 Million either no mention of Lambert

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/29/liverpool-step-up-interest-sevilla-alberto-moreno

Which is why I speculated the other day that KL is doing exactly the same to SFC as she did to MALI.

I recommend you hold on to your ST money, if you've still got it...

Which is why I speculated the other day that KL is doing exactly the same to SFC as she did to MALI.

I recommend you hold on to your ST money, if you've still got it...

You would say that, you never go to games.

Well if this is true it makes a total mockery of Ralph's statement yesterday. We don't need to sell.... but we will for big money. Everything is on our terms....yeah ok. At this rate I'm ready not going to care how England get on, as none on our trio will actually be playing for us.

Rickie was the one that I thought would definately be playing for us next season.