Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

Pochettino's departure has been reported to be a pre-cursor to several leading players also leaving but Krueger said there are no deals in place for either Adam Lallana or Luke Shaw.

"Under the circumstances we wanted to wait to clarify the manager's situation to move forward. There are no deals done," Krueger said.

Liverpool ITK believe that Harry Reed is also on his way to them.

Just got back from a round of golf with Harrison Reed's dad. He's heard it's on for £7.5m and that his and Lallana's deals will be wrapped up sooner rather than later.

It will be around £25m for the pair which is fair value in my eyes and helps Southampton dodge a bit of the money they owe Bournemouth for Adam's sale.

The deal for Reed will not be complete until he is back from England under 19s duty. £3m plus heavy incentives based on appearances, trophies and international caps (which he will get)

Have we renamed ourselves Liverpool b. why would we sell lallana and reed for dirt cheap fees to them. Sorry but can't believe the board are considering a fire sale.

Liverpool ITK believe that Harry Reed is also on his way to them.

Just got back from a round of golf with Harrison Reed's dad. He's heard it's on for £7.5m and that his and Lallana's deals will be wrapped up sooner rather than later.

It will be around £25m for the pair which is fair value in my eyes and helps Southampton dodge a bit of the money they owe Bournemouth for Adam's sale.

The deal for Reed will not be complete until he is back from England under 19s duty. £3m plus heavy incentives based on appearances, trophies and international caps (which he will get)

I hate this part of the year (football wise) ... can't wait for the 1st Sept, this utter gonads is just so tedious. Every year, but amplified this year!

Quote Ralph "no players need to be sold, it'll be up to the NEW MANAGER who he wants to keep" ... we don't have a new manager ...

We will probably lose 5 of our best players this summer - hard not to be pessismistic and see a relegation battle ahead.

Integrating so many new players and a new Manager will be very hard.

You can't be healthy with this much change all at once.

But why is this happening, we were in such a strong position, but are literally in the midst of throwing it all away. We must be financially screwed, it's the only reason we're literally entertaining any interest.

Funny how this story has broken the day after good interviews from Kruger...

Krueger doesn't do bad interviews, he's a motivational speaker, they all sound good, it's just that some of the content is open to various interpretation according to your penchant. A bit like your average Nostradamus prediction, you can usual fit something in there, it's all a bit vague.

But why is this happening, we were in such a strong position, but are literally in the midst of throwing it all away. We must be financially screwed, it's the only reason we're literally entertaining any interest.

**** knows but surely people can't keep burying their heads in the sand.

Almost certain Shaw and AL are gone.

Seems highly likely Lovren, Lambert and Schneiderlin will.

If you were Clyne, Chambers or Jay Rod you would be looking for the first exit too surely?

Will be very tough next season. Proper uphill struggle and could do with some experienced PL signings.

To be fair we don't know that it is happening in this case anyway. Mauricio's departure has left a void amongst some players, they liked him, they thought he's got them where they are today, ie in WC training camps, it's a blow to them.

**** knows but surely people can't keep burying their heads in the sand.

Almost certain Shaw and AL are gone.

Seems highly likely Lovren, Lambert and Schneiderlin will.

If you were Clyne, Chambers or Jay Rod you would be looking for the first exit too surely?

I'm ITK on this, to a degree. But Arsenal are after Chambers strongly.

I'll be devastated if he goes. Forget the fee he is totally the modern day Saints hero and who I was looking forward to most at the WC. Lambert is priceless. Total joke we've become. The board are coming across as utter clowns.

So we are left with Gallagher as our not striker then! Be interesting to see who comes in.

It's OK, we need to make this sales as we had a log-jam of strikers. Or something.

This summer has got a scary deja-vu feeling to it.

So you'd begrudge a 33yo a move to his boyhood club?

I don't want him to leave, he's a genuine legend, but I certainly wouldn't hold him in any less esteem.

Saints first.

We can't excuse our most important players leaving because we somehow owe it to them all. They didn't need to keep signing contracts with us.

£9m is a good price, but starting next season with only 3/4 players from 2013/14 is very dangerous, no matter how good the players that we bring in our. The squad needs gradual change if they want to move to a more sustainable model - relegation next season will benefit no-one.

11/1 with bet365 doesn't look a bad price at the minute! ;)

Indeed

Much in the same way Lallana to Liverpool made it's way into the press a couple of days after Les Reed's statement.

Media news cycles. There has just been a brief where suddenly they suggested the players might not be leaving. Now they are back into full tilt speculation mode again. Give it a month and apparently they'll all be staying again. I may not trust the new board completely but they certainly won't be doing deals at the moment.

Not sure why people are saying good for Lambert. It is f*cking terrible for us!

He is an absolute legend here and he will be but an obscure footnote in Liverpool's history.

£9m can buy a decent replacement and is decent business on the face of it, but it can't replace sentiment and the emotional attachment the fans have with him.

With J-Rod injured and Lambert potentially off, who the bleeding f*ck are we going to play up-front?

Sorry but absolutely staggered by this.

No one has actually gone. None.

Perhaps people need to stop spoiling their sheets until something actually happens.

Just like Poch hadn't.

No point waiting to voice an opinion on something when everyone knows we will sell at least 3 of our best players this summer.

Has a PL team ever had such a clear out?

If we were to announce the signing of a 33yo striker for £8m people would be doing their effing nut on here.

I love the bloke but what a great move for him, and a great fee for us. If there's any truth in it.

We shall see.

I'll wait to see who we sign before passing judgement on the board.

Just like Poch hadn't.

No point waiting to voice an opinion on something when everyone knows we will sell at least 3 of our best players this summer.

Has a PL team ever had such a clear out?

OK I retract my apology I thought the way people were talking he had actually signed for 9 million this in fact just a rumour..........