Latest information v2

Guan 2.0

Exactley where has he acted disgacefully? where anywhere has he actually said he wants to leave?

Almost everything said on here has been media orientated and not 100% attributable to AL If he does leave fine but as he is the on field captain and not club captain if he does stay he should remain the on field captain.

So what you're saying is you don't believe Guan? The reports don't lie and anyway, where is Lallana's rebuttal of all these nasty journo lies? As team Captain he has done the club, the supporters, his teammates and even himself no favours. Unless he comes out with an amazing PR saver statement, the lad is acting no better than Kenwyne Jones when he refused to play. Poor form.

I haven’t heard Adam say a single word about leaving - just newspaper chat as far as I’m concerned.

That why they have agents - although half the time when a paper uses the phrase "sources close to" it is the subject of the article doing the briefing.

So what you're saying is you don't believe Guan? The reports don't lie and anyway, where is Lallana's rebuttal of all these nasty journo lies? As team Captain he has done the club, the supporters, his teammates and even himself no favours. Unless he comes out with an amazing PR saver statement, the lad is acting no better than Kenwyne Jones when he refused to play. Poor form.

Agitating to leave is one thing. Refusing to play is quite another. While I don't think he appears to be behaving that well, he is very far from Kenwyne Jones right now.

Agitating to leave is one thing. Refusing to play is quite another. While I don't think he appears to be behaving that well, he is very far from Kenwyne Jones right now.

Disagree. Jones was not long out of the Academy and so had little responsibility to the club. Lallana has been given all his career chances by the club, plus crucially he is team Captain which to my mind should mean something. It would appear if only through his silence that it means diddly-squat to him.

Disagree. Jones was not long out of the Academy and so had little responsibility to the club. Lallana has been given all his career chances by the club, plus crucially he is team Captain which to my mind should mean something. It would appear if only through his silence that it means diddly-squat to him.

Kenwyne was first choice centre forward for 2 full seasons in the Championship (2005/6 and 2006/7) and also started first game of 2007/8 before going on strike.

He was also a Saints player in the first team 2 years prior to that and had already played for the club in the Premier League, let's not pretend he wasn't an integral part of the team at the point when he left, shall we? He scored 16 goals for Saints the season before we sold him. Not as long a spell as Lallana, but if it wasn't for Saints he'd have been playing in Trinidad & Tobago for W-Connection. He had EVERY responsibility to the club.

Agreed that "refusing to play" and "agitating for a move" are a long way apart though.

Little doubt that Shaw is going then.

It would seem that Lallana has left the house in his undercrackers but forgot his keys, only to have the front door slam shut. If he can get himself sorted, I'd be happy for him to remain, but not as captain. If he can't deal with that then he's got some soul searching to do.

I've personally never had any doubt that KL was here to stay, but it's a very interesting use of 'the new striker'...

I really don't see how there's any way Lallana could retain the captaincy if he stays. It would be such a bad message to the rest of the squad to have a captain who has made it publicly clear he doesn't even want to play for the club any more.

I agree...he has acted disgracefully and with little thought to the fans who paid his wages and created the opportunities he's enjoying.

What do you think Liverpool fans think of their own captain these days - Gerrard? He very publicly almost moved to Chelsea, but stayed after (I believe) changing his mind eventually. We've seen nothing 100% from Lallana or the club that he wants to move, it might well be true, but he might yet stay with Saints and play another 6 - 10 years with us. I think the fans will remain behind him, even if some fickle fans initially will think he is some kind of "disgraceful" traitor.

lolage at the thought that Lallana, having been at Saints for x amount of years now, failed to consider how the fans feel about him leaving, double/trebling his salary and getting the chance to compete for trophies and further his career. It's a job ffs! Because Lallana was with Saints as a youth, does he therefore HAVE to stay with us until he retires from football? When is he allowed to leave and how does he go about it? Only if we get £80m? He wasn't even a Saints fan as a kid!

Interesting to note that Guan is implying ONE new striker - a bit of a disappointment given that we've already lost one and another one should be going in Osvaldo, so there's £15-£20m+ to spend for a start.

I read this as Hernandez as part of the Shaw deal. Looks like that may have been agreed but doesn't mean we won't get another striker, it's just that this is the one that's pretty much done. IMHO. :D

I read this as Hernandez as part of the Shaw deal. Looks like that may have been agreed but doesn't mean we won't get another striker, it's just that this is the one that's pretty much done. IMHO. :D

I read it as someone who knows little about football talking about football. To sum it up KL believes that the average fan's opinion on her will depend on results and little else and she is not wrong there.

If Lallana should leave, do it like Spurs did with Bale and let him go on the last day of the transfer window.

If Koeman has good connections in Holland maybe we could two from the likes of Depay, Promes, Maher for one Lallana....

I read it as someone who knows little about football talking about football. To sum it up KL believes that the average fan's opinion on her will depend on results and little else and she is not wrong there.

Guan didn't say she'd said that but that 'she knows that may depend on how many goals the new striker scores'.

and you seem to be agreeing with her. The point in question here though is that Guan referred to striker as opposed to strikers which makes me think that one new one is in the bag.

What do you think Liverpool fans think of their own captain these days - Gerrard? He very publicly almost moved to Chelsea, but stayed after (I believe) changing his mind eventually. We've seen nothing 100% from Lallana or the club that he wants to move, it might well be true, but he might yet stay with Saints and play another 6 - 10 years with us. I think the fans will remain behind him, even if some fickle fans initially will think he is some kind of "disgraceful" traitor.

lolage at the thought that Lallana, having been at Saints for x amount of years now, failed to consider how the fans feel about him leaving, double/trebling his salary and getting the chance to compete for trophies and further his career. It's a job ffs! Because Lallana was with Saints as a youth, does he therefore HAVE to stay with us until he retires from football? When is he allowed to leave and how does he go about it? Only if we get £80m? He wasn't even a Saints fan as a kid!

He changed his mind when Liverpool won the Champions League - I suspect a large number of Liverpool's fans would have lent him their wives after that

I thought the rumour was, he changed his mind because liverpudlian gangsters threatened him and his family

Does anyone know what this eludes to:

Interesting that Koeman was said to have loved the training ground from the moment he laid eyes on this. Instead of doing a Columbo and pointing out that the timescales don't add up, I instead asked today whether they meant by email. Gave them an out.

Does it mean the club was sounding out RK a long time prior to MP leaving?

Does anyone know what this eludes to:

Interesting that Koeman was said to have loved the training ground from the moment he laid eyes on this. Instead of doing a Columbo and pointing out that the timescales don't add up, I instead asked today whether they meant by email. Gave them an out.

200px-321_ted_with_bin.jpg

I think it means that he did actually see it last week and yesterday was just for the cameras. This would mean that MLG should offer a public apology to all those he called lairs yesterday. For this reason, I support this theory. I believe Goldmember did visit last week and yesterday was the 'official' tour.

I think all the info above adds up and makes sense.

AL may already be starting to build bridges. I think he knows he's screwed up, but the only people to blame are a Liverpool FC for the way they've gone about their business. I hope he will realise this and repay them on the first game of the season with a winning goal for Saints. I'd let him keep the captains armband, provided Koeman is convinced he deserves a second chance.

Glad club may not be selling and talking to rivals - ie Lovren. Showing guts Les Reed, I'm impressed. Still hope he stays though, but in sense Koeman knows his defenders.

thank goodness Krueger is out of the limelight. I still don't know what he brings to the party. He has much to do to regain fan confidence.

Finally - I've always been convinced Shaws off. But frankly £30m is worth it, we can replace him with a decent left back for that and buy a second striker of note. Almost mad not to sell.

If its Hernandez Id be spectacularly underwhelmed, especially if he is our main striker. For a start he just wouldnt fit the system we tend to employ. Secondly apart from his first season at Utd has been a bench player, coming on late to try and nick a game. Thirdly I think he is vastly overrated, which means high wages and fee for what is essentially a player that doesnt deserve it.

For me Id take 30m straight up or even try and nick Welbeck plus 10-15m for him.

If its Hernandez Id be spectacularly underwhelmed, especially if he is our main striker. For a start he just wouldnt fit the system we tend to employ. Secondly apart from his first season at Utd has been a bench player, coming on late to try and nick a game. Thirdly I think he is vastly overrated, which means high wages and fee for what is essentially a player that doesnt deserve it.

For me Id take 30m straight up or even try and nick Welbeck plus 10-15m for him.

I like Hernandez, he seems a likeable character, but I agree. I don't think he's that great.

Would much prefer Welbeck of the two. Offers a lot more in terms of all round game for me.

I like Hernandez, he seems a likeable character, but I agree. I don't think he's that great.

Would much prefer Welbeck of the two. Offers a lot more in terms of all round game for me.

...Or do a deal with Chelsea (who have released Ashley Cole and therefore are short at left back) and swap him for Lukaku which would be a much better like for like deal.

Thats what I have my fingers crossed for! Balls to Wellbeck, Hernandez may finish off some of our possession but Romelu is the man "for now and the future", a phrase Les Reed used I believe when talking of Lamberts departure and how we would replace him.

Haven't you heard, Wellbeck is sh* t.

Why "can't" Guan talk about Shaw.

If this is unofficial information then, by definition, he "can't" talk about any of it.

Does this mean his statements are actually official leaks?

I would imagine that his source wouldn't want him to disclose certain things which might give his position away. The rest of the stuff could come from multiple sources. My guess anyway.

Why "can't" Guan talk about Shaw.

If this is unofficial information then, by definition, he "can't" talk about any of it.

Does this mean his statements are actually official leaks?

it is slightly more 'politicised' than a smiley, due to the source and the timing. Everyone has an agenda, after all. Think of this as more re-tweet than Op-Ed!

With that caveat in mind, let us plough ahead.

As it says.

Welbeck, really? The list of strikers i'd prefer over that Bambi on Ice idiot is literally endless. I'd rather Guly returned on £200k a week and was given a guaranteed starting spot than us sign that useless cvnt - especially for £20m....

He scored one goal playing as a striker for Manchester United when they won the league, I'd venture that given 38 games playing up front for a title winning team I could've scored one goal

For a start he plays on the wing for them, secondly he rarely starts up top for them and didnt play every game, he played up top for them start of this season and played very well, he scored 8 goals in qualifying for england.

If you honestly think he is crap your just bandwaggoning and wrong basically

I do like Welbeck, but it's not an excuse saying he hasn't scored because he plays on the wing. He plays in the same position as JRod and he scored 15? this year?

Playing an entirely different system, more often then not J Rod ended as the furthest forward as Lambert dropped back so Jay Rod was our outlet, Welbeck wasnt