Latest information v2

Guan 2.0

I feel that they are official leaks too.....But why has Guan not been granted a free membership to the forum? He is a valuable asset to the forum, as is his buddy. For the sake of a fiver, it's a no brainer!

i'll 2nd that - get him onboard - one of the only posters worth reading

Was never a fan of Welbeck,but I admit I have probably jumped on the bandwagon of dislike without actually watching him play that much,however after seeing him the last 2 games for England I didn't think he was all that bad.

With the right training and less expectation on his shoulders (than at Utd) I think he could more than do a job for us on the right side with J-rod left and Pelle up top.

If they could link up well that could be a deadly strike force next season,obviously the chances of signing those 2 are slim

Haven't you heard, Wellbeck is sh* t.

Ah, but 5 years training with the academy kids and he might be able to control a ball, then because he already has athleticism, we could mould him into something useful, like we did Kenwyne. Whatever happened to him, anyway? :D

Was never a fan of Welbeck,but I admit I have probably jumped on the bandwagon of dislike without actually watching him play that much,however after seeing him the last 2 games for England I didn't think he was all that bad.

With the right training and less expectation on his shoulders (than at Utd) I think he could more than do a job for us on the right side with J-rod left and Pelle up top.

If they could link up well that could be a deadly strike force next season,obviously the chances of signing those 2 are slim

Respect for being big enough to admit you are wrong, we all can be ... I had us getting out of the group stage!

Surprised though your opinion improved of Wellbeck in the last two games, has been rather on the periphery and has certainly played much better in an England shirt.

I think as an out and out wide-man he is wasted and a little lost but, the way we interlink (assuming we will play a similar style next season), he could flourish with us (perhaps!).

Could we get him? Maybe. If Van Gaal does not rate him and some of the 'bigger' clubs don't fancy him that leaves the likes of us, newcastle, everton and teams abroad. We have a good manager, a track record of progressing players, play 'good' football and he would get plenty of game time.

Respect for being big enough to admit you are wrong, we all can be ... I had us getting out of the group stage!

Surprised though your opinion improved of Wellbeck in the last two games, has been rather on the periphery and has certainly played much better in an England shirt.

I think as an out and out wide-man he is wasted and a little lost but, the way we interlink (assuming we will play a similar style next season), he could flourish with us (perhaps!).

Could we get him? Maybe. If Van Gaal does not rate him and some of the 'bigger' clubs don't fancy him that leaves the likes of us, newcastle, everton and teams abroad. We have a good manager, a track record of progressing players, play 'good' football and he would get plenty of game time.

IMO he has a lot to work on his game and I think he is far from the finished article,he does a decent job of tracking back and he won the ball back quite a few times from the oppo in the last 2 games and that is something the "nations favourite" Rooney didn't do against the Italians

I think he could get 5-10 goals a season from a wide position if we signed him and he linked well

We could sign far worse players than Welbeck,but being a Utd player and England International I wouldn't be convinced you would get him for a decent price £8-10mill is probably what he is worth,Utd may want closer to £15m

Turkish can reveal that RK was shown around the training ground 2 weeks ago today.

Turks, the RK you are referring to is Koeman not Kruger, right?

Strange (and potential for confusion) that our Chairman and Manager have the same initials

Turks, the RK you are referring to is Koeman not Kruger, right?

Strange (and potential for confusion) that our Chairman and Manager have the same initials

Yes RK the manager. Although have you ever seen him and RK the chairman on the same room??

:lol:

Not putting season ticket prices up (again) would have been a good start.

Admitting that this season's price hike was a terrible mistake, and consequently ticket prices will be reduced to last season's prices, and refunds made to those who have already purchased.

That would have the most effect in improving attendances

Ah, but 5 years training with the academy kids and he might be able to control a ball, then because he already has athleticism, we could mould him into something useful, like we did Kenwyne. Whatever happened to him, anyway? :D

You make it read like 'athleticism' is an affliction.

It's very hipster to think welbeck is that good

He really isn't. Not as good as Rodriguez IMO

Brett, it's hipster to say Wellbeck is crap. He isn't, has no world beater but he's as lot better than some people make out. It's funny how the greatest manager In English football history trusted him to do a job for him, yet pot bellied weirdos behind their computer screens insist he's terrible.

Brett, it's hipster to say Wellbeck is crap. He isn't, has no world beater but he's as lot better than some people make out. It's funny how the greatest manager In English football history trusted him to do a job for him, yet pot bellied weirdos behind their computer screens insist he's terrible.

Fergie got many things wrong.

Cleverly is also crap

My point is that welbeck needs to earn his place in the team. He has been crap.

Welbeck is an honest player and Utd always like to have two or three Academy players hanging around even if they know they could go out and buy better (understandable).

But he had a poor season and no way should be starting for England.

If he moved away, played centrally and was more of a main man then he could end up deserving an England spot.

Sadly the CL obession means players would rather play little but in big games than often but outside the CL bubble.

Was miles better when just one or two PL teams qualified.

Fergie got many things wrong.

Cleverly is also crap

My point is that welbeck needs to earn his place in the team. He has been crap.

He got an awful lot more right than wrong. Including taking the team that contained players supposedly bad as Wellbeck to win the title by 11 points in his last season as manager. Once again, I think I'd trust the greatest manager ever over a someone who peels potatoes for a living.

Whatever reputation and whatever excitement, it's worth nothing unless you keep the ball. Sterling reminded me of Puncheon, always taking players on, but no end product (OK, the cross to Rooney). I can't see anything with Barkley in spite of the hype, nor with Welbeck, and as far as Sturridge goes, for a striker it is the goals that count. I'm thinking about what Waddle said about not opting for just the best 11 players, but the key players and support for them. In my view Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez looks like a vastly superior combination to Sturridge, Rooney and Welbeck, and generally the team looked slow and cumbersome in the passing. Whatever the manager and the players it's the same disappointment, so we are doing something fundamentally wrong. Is Waddle right in his analysis?

He got an awful lot more right than wrong. Including taking the team that contained players supposedly bad as Wellbeck to win the title by 11 points in his last season as manager. Once again, I think I'd trust the greatest manager ever over a someone who peels potatoes for a living.

That is great, this season and this World Cup. Welbeck has been gash. Should not have been playing.

It took cleverly to be monumentally shyte to be dropped to the reverse list

Players like delph, huddlestone, cork were miles better this season.

My point and welbeck this summer highlights that, selecting players for who they play for and not form is very bad and has been for many years for England

As said elsewhere, Glenn Johnson is probably not even the best right back at Liverpool, let alone England

Edited by Batman

That is great, this season and this World Cup. Welbeck has been gash. Should not have been playing.

I don't think everyone agrees with you Jamie, some people were positively salivating over his pace and direct running after the Italy game and he was only going to get better. Apparently dinlows didn't get it or understand how important that was, i guess you're one of them :lol:

I don't think everyone agrees with you Jamie, some people were positively salivating over his pace and direct running after the Italy game and he was only going to get better. Apparently dinlows didn't get it or understand how important that was, i guess you're one of them :lol:

You think there is no one else better in that position this summer than welbeck?

I'm just saying I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as its fashionable to make out.

Maybe, but we have better players sat on the bench last night. Yet he always plays

Johnson always plays

It took cleverly to be monumentally shyte to be dropped. Even then he was still on the reverse list.

THAT needs to change

All well and good Roy being loyal to the players who get us there.

How did that go for him??

Maybe, but we have better players sat on the bench last night. Yet he always plays

Johnson always plays

It took cleverly to be monumentally shyte to be dropped. Even then he was still on the reverse list.

THAT needs to change

All well and good Roy being loyal to the players who get us there.

How did that go for him??

TBH I thought Welbeck has done well enough for England in the qualifiers and friendlies to deserve to start the first match. On the whole he had a good match against Italy and as a result deserved to start the Uruguay match, it's not rocket science. I'd have loved Lallana to start both matches but unfortunately once Roy had made up his mind to start Sterling, it was always going to be Adam that lost out and TBH Sterling's performance against Italy justified that decision.

England and Hodgson made mistakes but starting Welbeck in both matches wasn't one of them in my opinion. My biggest issues were feeling the need to play Rooney no matter how it impacted one the rest of the team, and an almost complete lack of pressing or urgency without the ball.

My point and welbeck this summer highlights that, selecting players for who they play for and not form is very bad and has been for many years for England

As said elsewhere, Glenn Johnson is probably not even the best right back at Liverpool, let alone England

Delph and Huddlestone arent good enough for England, Cork possibly should have played.

Who exactly is better then johnson at Liverpool ? It certainly isnt Flanagan !!

You can hate on Welbeck all you want, he is decent, technically not too bad, honest and hard working, had a great start to this season playing centrally. Whats the alternative exactly as Barkley and Lallana barely lit up the games they came on as sub did they ?

Like it or not picking players on form alone would be a complete mistake Jamie so stop talking complete ****e

TBH I thought Welbeck has done well enough for England in the qualifiers and friendlies to deserve to start the first match. On the whole he had a good match against Italy and as a result deserved to start the Uruguay match, it's not rocket science. I'd have loved Lallana to start both matches but unfortunately once Roy had made up his mind to start Sterling, it was always going to be Adam that lost out and TBH Sterling's performance against Italy justified that decision.

England and Hodgson made mistakes but starting Welbeck in both matches wasn't one of them in my opinion. My biggest issues were feeling the need to play Rooney no matter how it impacted one the rest of the team, and an almost complete lack of pressing or urgency without the ball.

Mullet thats a pretty spot on assessment in my view

Welbeck is a hardworking but extremely limited footballer -puts in a defensive shift that compensates for some of the risk in playing him, a bit like Milner. Ultimately that doesnt change the fact that he plays like a blind person in a straitjacket in a cul-de-sac.

Don't mind that he get's the nod, even if its all 'hipster' to make out that he's better than he really is.

Wellbeck is brilliant. He's quick, he runs directly and pace is SO important, direct running cause problems. And he's definitely going to improve with experience, in fact is say he's the template for future England teams to be built around. Only a dinlow wouldn't get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Turkish

Welbeck is a hardworking but extremely limited footballer -puts in a defensive shift that compensates for some of the risk in playing him, a bit like Milner. Ultimately that doesnt change the fact that he plays like a blind person in a straitjacket in a cul-de-sac.

Don't mind that he get's the nod, even if its all 'hipster' to make out that he's better than he really is.

So basically, he's Guly. Good, we need to replace him.

So basically, he's Guly. Good, we need to replace him.

The only difference between Welbeck and Guly is that Welbeck can at least tap in a ball on the 6 yard line when there are no opposing players in the way. Oh, and he earns ten times as much dosh as Guly of course.

The most ridiculous one was giving Lambert a massive 3 minutes at the end to turn the game. I expect Brendon texted him to remind him Ricky was on the bench

Under Poch, Saints played with more shape, organisation, and urgency than this pitiful "England" team ever showed

Great to see that Dyke has said that Woy is here until 2016 Illustrates exactly how much he knows about Football

Roll on the next English Prem season, where we can watch a load of Foreign players again

Does Adam really want to join a bunch of scouse losers ? He might get a run out in the CL but the scousers are light years away from winning it . Look at how the scouse donkeys have now been exposed as being at the best average .

And they are about to loose squarez

If I was a betting man I would say Rodgers days are limited . He will get found out this season as will MOPO

Very simply England are not a team. They don't gel. A bunch of individuals that are put together, but don't really understand each other.

Playing the nucleus of one team helps to make into a team. We would have done better using Shaw, Clyne, Cork, Lallana, Lambert and adding players to that nucleus.

Players play more freely when they are comfortable with the players around them.

Lallana and Lambert have an understanding that takes years to build. They come as a package or not at all.

How good will Lallana be without Rickie and Jay-Rod?? Beginning to think that £25 million is sound business.

Very simply England are not a team. They don't gel. A bunch of individuals that are put together, but don't really understand each other.

Playing the nucleus of one team helps to make into a team. We would have done better using Shaw, Clyne, Cork, Lallana, Lambert and adding players to that nucleus.

Players play more freely when they are comfortable with the players around them.

Lallana and Lambert have an understanding that takes years to build. They come as a package or not at all.

How good will Lallana be without Rickie and Jay-Rod?? Beginning to think that £25 million is sound business.

agree

but Andy that falls flat as we had a load of Liverpool and Everton players in the same team. Jagielka and Baines didn't work and the Liverpool connection failed. The hard fact is that English players need the guile and desire of other nations players to make them look good.

I dislike Hoddle intensely but have warmed to him in the last year or so, he does talk sense and I would get him back as England manager ASAP. If Ian Wright is so respectful of him to still call him gaffer and he only played a few times for him, then he must be decent.

People saying Welbeck is good are joking right?

Football isn't about how fast you can run it is about how you control the ball. Oscar pistorious as better ball control than Danny...

I am happy to hold. My hand up and say he is good. Frustrating, yes but when he learns when to pass he will be a very decent player. I'd love him at Saints

The most ridiculous one was giving Lambert a massive 3 minutes at the end to turn the game. I expect Brendon texted him to remind him Ricky was on the bench

Under Poch, Saints played with more shape, organisation, and urgency than this pitiful "England" team ever showed

Great to see that Dyke has said that Woy is here until 2016 Illustrates exactly how much he knows about Football

Roll on the next English Prem season, where we can watch a load of Foreign players again

Good post. FA is rotten to the core. The only glimmer of hope in English football at the top is Saints at the moment trying to break down the status quo by resisting the likes of Liverpool and Utd.

but Andy that falls flat as we had a load of Liverpool and Everton players in the same team. Jagielka and Baines didn't work and the Liverpool connection failed. The hard fact is that English players need the guile and desire of other nations players to make them look good.

I dislike Hoddle intensely but have warmed to him in the last year or so, he does talk sense and I would get him back as England manager ASAP. If Ian Wright is so respectful of him to still call him gaffer and he only played a few times for him, then he must be decent.

Agree with Hoddle. He has learnt much since his time as England manager.

Won't happen. Roy isn't getting sacked and he won't resign. I do wonder though, what Ray Lewington can contribute. Seems he's only there because he's Roy's mate.

Poch should be the England coach at the next WC, his style would probably suit a young fit squad, which is the way you should be looking, pick players that can play the style that they are used to. I think you lot need a full rebuild with a team that has some bloody determination and grunt, as an Aussie with no allegiance either way I thought Wellback was pants and Lallana added a dimension of skill that Wellback didn't have and he really should have started the second game.

It's all well and good to go on about whether JRod is better than Wellbeck, but one could walk and one couldn't, I think Welbecks pace would have been a great asset off the bench and he deserved to be in the squad, but not necessarily as a starter.

Seriosly, Australia has a way way way worse squad on paper, but at this stage I think you could argue that Australia has been a better performer this WC (I thought they wouldn't even score before it started) and I guess that's based on will, maybe the FA needs to look at who is going to bleed for the 3 lions and give it their all and forget what bloody team they play for.

Poch should be the England coach at the next WC, his style would probably suit a young fit squad, which is the way you should be looking, pick players that can play the style that they are used to.

First off he's an Argue, so is hardly likely to want to do it. Secondly, the English press and supporters aren't going to put up with us continually throwing leads away. Thirdly, his style of football needs hours and hours of coaching and organisation, something a national manager won't get the hours to do and fourthly, our whole system is underpinned by continental players. Its telling that his first signing was victor, there is no English player with the ability needed to play that role at the top level ( and don't say cork). We also have 2 decent centre halfs, both from abroad. Jags and Cahill will be ripped apart in our system, whose going to play, lescott, Jones, smalling. Liverpool were better than us, Roy took most of their Englishmen and we are out after a week.

My biggest issues were feeling the need to play Rooney no matter how it impacted one the rest of the team, and an almost complete lack of pressing or urgency without the ball.

My biggest issue was why were we without the ball so much? Much of the passing was dire and pedestrian, and equally important, the movement of the receiving players was poor.

Now we're out let's hope for a few changes for the final match.

First off he's an Argue, so is hardly likely to want to do it. Secondly, the English press and supporters aren't going to put up with us continually throwing leads away. Thirdly, his style of football needs hours and hours of coaching and organisation, something a national manager won't get the hours to do and fourthly, our whole system is underpinned by continental players. Its telling that his first signing was victor, there is no English player with the ability needed to play that role at the top level ( and don't say cork). We also have 2 decent centre halfs, both from abroad. Jags and Cahill will be ripped apart in our system, whose going to play, lescott, Jones, smalling. Liverpool were better than us, Roy took most of their Englishmen and we are out after a week.

Goog argiement