2014 / 2015 Fixtures online

Tractor_Saint

In addition to this board putting the fixtures here : http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/fixtures I've also updated the Southampton FC Google calendar. It'll be updated as games get moved around as well by either myself or Lasse (cheers for the help Lasse!)

Link is here: http://bit.ly/saintsfc2014

Android users can just add the calendar to their existing calendar and that'll keep it sync'd (button at the bottom of that page). Apple users need to move to a decent OS like Android :) (but I'm sure someone will post how to get them into your iPhone)

Thanks to TUS further down for these instructions for iPhone users:

You can add this to your google account and sync with an iphone by going to:

http://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Tick the calendar and save. Re-sync on the iphone

Edited by Tractor_Saint

I had prepared for this day for months. I had been honing my typing skills, finally learned to drink coffee, gone through so many different permutations of that fixture list. And then the hour came - finally, I was able to fulfill the task I was born to do.

The fixtures came in hard and quick and I was overawed, so I hesitated that moment too long; when I recovered, the lightning swift Tractor_Saint had plowed through the league fixtures like Avram plowed through Horton's Heath, like Oscar the Ninja Gobern plowed through that Bournemouth player, like Pompey plowed through the leagues towards the conference. In other words, he was bl**dy quick and efficient!

I managed to sneak in four friendlies before the dust settled to regain a little honour. But next season, oh next season I will be ready. I only wish this season was over already...

:)

I managed to sneak in four friendlies before the dust settled to regain a little honour. But next season, oh next season I will be ready. I only wish this season was over already...

lol - to be fair I'd completely forgotten about the friendlies so it was a definite bonus you adding all of those - cheers

I just knew we'd play Liverpool early in the season!

Other notable points:

-Man City away last day of the season

-Even tougher Christmas period than this season. City (H), Arsenal (A), Man Utd (H) consecutively at the start of December and Chelsea (H), Arsenal (H), Man Utd (A) at the end and into January. Cannot afford another injury crisis!

-A reasonable enough run-in, facing Everton, Hull, Stoke, Spurs, Sunderland, Leicester, Villa and City in the last two months, though Everton and City are both away

Edited by DuncanRG

Can we all agree now not to be too upset when we lose 5-0 to Liverpool with goals from from Lallana (3), Lambert and Lovren?

Can you please grow up? This is an easy one for us because the 'Diver/Biter' will be gone and Gerrard is too slow to last the pace.Liverpool are 'paper tigers'

COYS

That'll be a massive dilemma for lambert if he scores his first goal for Liverpool infront of the kop against us. Does he celebrate or does he not?

I would expect him to celebrate, and would not mind at all if he did.

he 100% wouldn't celebrate

He should celebrate, and he would get a round of applause from the Saints fans too

I've mentioned it before, but this is built-in functionality with Google Calendars:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37098?hl=en

Benefit of using their one is that it automatically updates if fixtures are moved and also populates the calendar entry with the score after the event.

Be nice to see the Premier League trophy lifted on the final day, especially since we'll be inheriting it from City. Forget "AGUEROOOOOO!" - it'll be all about "OSVALDOOOOOO!"

I've mentioned it before, but this is built-in functionality with Google Calendars:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37098?hl=en

Benefit of using their one is that it automatically updates if fixtures are moved and also populates the calendar entry with the score after the event.

Be nice to see the Premier League trophy lifted on the final day, especially since we'll be inheriting it from City. Forget "AGUEROOOOOO!" - it'll be all about "OSVALDOOOOOO!"

I used that for a bit last year while the Sky one was playing up, was OK but it always put the away team first for some reason. Must be some odd american thing I guess

What are the chances of it being televised on an overseas channel? Me and the mrs fly out to Turkey on the 15th. Going to be a fecking awkward conversation on the first day of the hols when I tell her I'm off to find somewhere showing the footy...:smug:

Applauding an opposition player for scoring against your team is about as lame as humanly possible.

Ooooh I don't know, the one that sticks in my head was that Jerome(?) goal at Stoke to make it 3-3 as it left his foot a mile out you thought "oh cobblers", when it rocketed into the net I was not alone in the Saints section at finding my hands were spontaneously clapping at such a strike seeing it for what it was.

in a similar vein I recall the Steaua game in 2003 at SMS second half they had a sublime sequence of play between each of them and a very large number of Saints fans around SMS broke into spontaneous applause. If you like football there are times when you sometimes can't help but admire something the oppo's do in a game even if it hurts.

Back on Topic: I have a mate who supports Manure and on paper boy do they have a soft start, Moyes must be thinking "where was that last year?".

Ooooh I don't know, the one that sticks in my head was that Jerome(?) goal at Stoke to make it 3-3 as it left his foot a mile out you thought "oh cobblers", when it rocketed into the net I was not alone in the Saints section at finding my hands were spontaneously clapping at such a strike seeing it for what it was.

in a similar vein I recall the Steaua game in 2003 at SMS second half they had a sublime sequence of play between each of them and a very large number of Saints fans around SMS broke into spontaneous applause. If you like football there are times when you sometimes can't help but admire something the oppo's do in a game even if it hurts.

Back on Topic: I have a mate who supports Manure and on paper boy do they have a soft start, Moyes must be thinking "where was that last year?".

Agreed if you're a lover of the game, sometimes you just have to take your hat off to a rival team or player for outstanding moments.

Will never forget that, was absolutely astonishing. Couldn't help but applaud. He will never hit one that good again for the rest of his career.

Any veterans at West Ham when Tom Jenkins scored that goal and by all accounts got applause from all corners of the ground?

I wasn't there but Tommy was one of my favourite players as a lad. Brilliant but also frustrating as he often used to take on one player too many. Love to see a YouTube of the goal you mention or any clip for that matter.

Anyway, back on the subject matter ... anyone know when sky will mess up the calendar and announce the first batch of Live matches?

• 3 weeks later...

Quite clear view of Blackburn fans applauding Matty's sublime dribble and placed shot into the top corner past Flowers at Ewood Park awhile back... as John Boy says, sometimes it's spontaneous recognition of something that you think 'crikey, that was quality'.

I have nothing to add about the fixtures, sorry.