Can you get season ticket money back?

Roger

why would you?

only a fool could not see that we were going to sell a few players

the ITK posters here were telling you, the press were telling you, the players were virtually telling you

Exactly. Are people really that naïve ffs.

Why? You support Saints, you will get other heroes. The list of my heroes of the past who have left and saddened me is very lengthy. You get punch drunk after a time. I think the next player who kisses the badge should be booed as it is all bollix

Just wondering?

If its because of players being sold, have you considering waiting to see who they are replaced with?

In any case, Saints can't offer players Champions League level wages and a good chance of competing for Champions League football. We have a number of players good enough for that level, but not enough to get there ourselves.

Why? You support Saints, you will get other heroes. The list of my heroes of the past who have left and saddened me is very lengthy. You get punch drunk after a time. I think the next player who kisses the badge should be booed as it is all bollix

Who were the heroes between 04 and 06? What if we're heading for that again?

If its because of players being sold, have you considering waiting to see who they are replaced with?

In any case, Saints can't offer players Champions League level wages and a good chance of competing for Champions League football. We have a number of players good enough for that level, but not enough to get there ourselves.

You really need to decide what side you're arguing for, it wasn't that long ago you were telling us how we COULD compete with those at the top...

You really need to decide what side you're arguing for, it wasn't that long ago you were telling us how we COULD compete with those at the top...

We still can, but it'll take time and good player recruitment building up the squad quality over a number of years even if star players leave. We aren't at the level Shaw and Lallana want at the moment, so they left.

We still can, but it'll take time and good player recruitment building up the squad quality over a number of years even if star players leave. We aren't at the level Shaw and Lallana want at the moment, so they left.

you were telling us not so long ago that we can challenge for the top 4 now.

Here we go again.

If, after the the past few years we've enjoyed, you lose your backbone in these situations then football really aint for you. It's always like this for most football supporters, best go find another sport.

Or you can stick your chest out and go again getting behind 'your' club?

I think it's more about principle than anything if the club were open and honest about it all people would be less ****ed off I've had the same thoughts there are grounds (product vastly inferior to when you paid, atm anyway)!

Meh. Some clubs do offer to refund tickets for disgruntled fans but I would be amazed if that happened here! Doubt we'll even get the £2 booking fee taken off the matchdays ...

Honestly though I understand the frustration, gutting to see our teams core ripped apart but just think where we were not so long ago ... We still have quality internationals, money to spend, the best academy in the country and a promising manager with genuine pedigree. Next year might be more about consolidation and rebuilding , we may even find ourselves closer to the bottom and the top ... but worse things happen!

Besides your ticket price might get you a view of the next bright young things off our conveyor belt (Targett, Sims, Rowe, McQueen ...) and that is a brilliant feeling well worth a couple of quid. I remember the anticipation in the crowd every time Theo would come off the bench in the early days and scare teams half to death ... you never know that may happen again!

You bought a ticket to see the Rolling Stones in concert. The ticket was expensive but you were comforted by a statement from the impresario who said everything was going along swimmingly and there would be no cancellations. The next day he announced whoopsy, the Stones can't make it after all; however work was going on to ensure customer satisfaction and provide ticket holders with a different attraction but the deal was take-it-or-leave-it, no alternatives and no refunds ... you would feel a bit apprehensive, wouldn't you?

Were you going to get U2? Spandau Ballet? Cold Play? Dido? or Susan Boyle?

All have their merits but none of them are what you were originally expecting.

That's a completely ****e analogy.

Maybe - but my original thought was to say a concert by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra to be replaced by the band of the local Boy Scouts. Perhaps I should have stuck with it.

The point I was trying to make is that what we will get this coming season might be good but it won't be what we might have expected to see.

Unless that is, you were expecting Mr Koeman as manager and the England internationals sold off.

Well as someone else said somewhere else, what we're expecting is Southampton FC. What we'll get is Southampton FC. We should all be big enough, fat enough and ugly enough to know by know that players can come and go and there are no guarantees about who will be at our club. It's part of football. We don't have to like it, but only the most naive buy a ST thinking that nothing will change.

I'm disappointed in you Roger. All the time I've known you, you and your family were Saints supporters through thick and thin. Even in the Lowe era and through the third division. So one or two of the stars we produced get greedy and decide to leave for glory clubs. So what? Surely it is better to wait and see what the entertainment will be based on what the squad is at the time of the new season kick-off. Shaw might have gone, but at least Fox isn't here either.

You bought a ticket to see the Rolling Stones in concert. The ticket was expensive but you were comforted by a statement from the impresario who said everything was going along swimmingly and there would be no cancellations. The next day he announced whoopsy, the Stones can't make it after all; however work was going on to ensure customer satisfaction and provide ticket holders with a different attraction but the deal was take-it-or-leave-it, no alternatives and no refunds ... you would feel a bit apprehensive, wouldn't you?

Were you going to get U2? Spandau Ballet? Cold Play? Dido? or Susan Boyle?

All have their merits but none of them are what you were originally expecting.

What complete and utter pony.

If you turn up next season they're not going to say "whoopsy, saints aren't playing, but we've arranged for Yeovil to take their place". You signed up to watch the players of Southampton Football Club play 19 other clubs. What do you want the club to do, issue a list of squad members before offering season tickets?

What complete and utter pony.

If you turn up next season they're not going to say "whoopsy, saints aren't playing, but we've arranged for Yeovil to take their place". You signed up to watch the players of Southampton Football Club play 19 other clubs. What do you want the club to do, issue a list of squad members before offering season tickets?

Mr Reed did this as-near-as-damn-it in his statement of 25 April.

"We want to retain the players we’ve got. They are all contracted. They all have existing contracts and we intend for them to honour those contracts".

and "Our intention is to keep this very good team together"

"we want to keep all of our best players here at this club and build on that for the future"

And yet three of our best players have now been sold.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/25042014-les-reed-statement-on-pochettino-and-players-1509755.aspx

Like I said quite clearly a few posts above, we were given a clear indication of what we might expect in the coming season (I repeat the words of Mr Reed "We want to retain the players we’ve got" ) and now things have changed. I am looking forward to the coming season, whether it is to see many new faces from abroad, or the kids from the academy being upgraded - but it won't be what we were all hoping to expect, that's all.

Mr Reed did this as-near-as-damn-it in his statement of 25 April.

"We want to retain the players we’ve got. They are all contracted. They all have existing contracts and we intend for them to honour those contracts".

and "Our intention is to keep this very good team together"

"we want to keep all of our best players here at this club and build on that for the future"

And yet three of our best players have now been sold.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/25042014-les-reed-statement-on-pochettino-and-players-1509755.aspx

Like I said quite clearly a few posts above, we were given a clear indication of what we might expect in the coming season (I repeat the words of Mr Reed "We want to retain the players we’ve got" ) and now things have changed. I am looking forward to the coming season, whether it is to see many new faces from abroad, or the kids from the academy being upgraded - but it won't be what we were all hoping to expect, that's all.

Words like Want and Intend are words which describe what we would like to happen not what necessarily will.

I'm disappointed in you Roger. All the time I've known you, you and your family were Saints supporters through thick and thin. Even in the Lowe era and through the third division. So one or two of the stars we produced get greedy and decide to leave for glory clubs. So what? Surely it is better to wait and see what the entertainment will be based on what the squad is at the time of the new season kick-off. Shaw might have gone, but at least Fox isn't here either.

Why dissapointed I didn't say I wouldn't. I've just got circumstances on a sat that are difficult to maintain my level of games that's all.is that really that bad?