Why Are the Papers Even Talking About J Rod

Gemmel

You don't buy a player with an ACL injury.

There are occasions when you take a "Gamble", but a fit J Rod is 15 million+ you don't gamble with that sort of money, if for nothing else than the fact they cant get insurance.

J Rod to anyone, is just nonsense talk.

Ok, clearly just completely made up. No one is interested in Rodriguez.

Not whilst he is injured no.... And before any club pays what he is worth, he will need a season of consistent performance.

J rod is going nowhere

There are occasions when you take a "Gamble", but a fit J Rod is 15 million+ you don't gamble with that sort of money, if for nothing else than the fact they cant get insurance.

Why? Agree a team wouldn't pay full whack for the player; but a team might look to make a lower offer, effectively pricing in the injury so that if the player makes a full recovery, they are quids in.

Not whilst he is injured no.... And before any club pays what he is worth, he will need a season of consistent performance.

J rod is going nowhere

100%. I know many on here have high hopes of seeing him before Christmas, but I doubt we will see him before March or April, possibly not even until 2015 season being fully competitive.

YES. A lot of people (above) have made a valid statement about the stupidity of buying an already injured player who is still in rehab. I think some people maybe missing the real point.

Gambling firms; William Hill and the like are huge investors in the media, TV ads, etc and the chance to create a new wager is helping " their clients " to make a new bet list.

Who will Jay Rod be going to?. Hey listen, he may never leave, and if he does stay.....millions of pounds will be pocketed on a lost bet that was never a " likely deal " in the first place.

The "gamblers " will say that's part of the fun, but it's a poor way to lose money.

Edited by david in sweden

He could be back playing before Christmas. Perhaps someone will effectively do a deal with him to move then, providing he doesn't sign a new contract which would push up his price.

He is injured now, but reports suggest is recovering well and it won't be too long before he is back.

The injury is a red herring. He is an in demand player who will probably move on in the next year one way or other.

He has seen the best players go, knows a couple more will follow and has teams following him.

Why would he sign a new contract at this point? Answer: He won't.

He could be back playing before Christmas. Perhaps someone will effectively do a deal with him to move then, providing he doesn't sign a new contract which would push up his price.

He is injured now, but reports suggest is recovering well and it won't be too long before he is back.

The injury is a red herring. He is an in demand player who will probably move on in the next year one way or other.

He has seen the best players go, knows a couple more will follow and has teams following him.

Why would he sign a new contract at this point? Answer: He won't.

Bloody hell, you're at it again. Everything you write is negative and depressing. What have you got against Saints to make you hate them that much?

Its just the reality of the situation. Whats wrong with any of those points?

No point pretending its great and he will sign this week, or next week.

Have sold three, its four weeks til start of season and we need 5 or so more signings, yet its still outgoings that there is more news on.

Edited by Saint Charlie

No one will buy him because of the injury yet we are prepared to offer him a five year deal despite it.

Of course other clubs can buy him whilst injured as long as we are willing to sell and they price in the risk to them.

i.e. he will bring in a lot less injured than he would fit. so it is not in our interest to sell unless we actually believe the risk of him recovering is low and the buying club believe it is higher and price accordingly.

The medical is usually to ensure that his fitness matches the basis on which they have priced nothing less and nothing more.

No one will buy him because of the injury yet we are prepared to offer him a five year deal despite it.

He is already our player and suitably insured - So on that level we are covered.

It has been mentioned that the five year deal has been on the table for a while and possibly linked to a contractual clause, but still a clever move from the club, that is not without risk.

I could end up looking very silly (more than usual) but I simply cant see how anyone could buy him and cannot think of a single example of a player being sold with such an injury, at the level and price that J Rod would command.

I wonder if JR would still be here without the injury.

Without his injury we *might* have snuck I to Europe. He *probably* would have gone to the world cup. We *maybe* would have more pulling power and drive and not lost other players. I dunno, too many variables for me.

Who shot JR? It's a new Saga that is filling the column inches of the speculative Londoncentric few.Apparently there's a young Northern lad who plays football for a 'South fork Club' (when he's not injured) who just might be given the lead role in this unmissable load of bow licks. Keep reading your Sunday Rag for updates.

Oh dear oh dear, more forum experts arrogantly chastising others on what to believe.

I hope Saint Charlie gets an apology after this window, he's been like a prophet yet has been roundly abused.

I'm always told that everything I write here is negative and depressing.

I call it the truth.

No apologies needed though, I feel gutted to have been right.

I'm always told that everything I write here is negative and depressing.

I call it the truth.

No apologies needed though, I feel gutted to have been right.

Mate you have been entirely realistic. Those who shouted you down and shouted abuse because they didn't like what you said are the idiots.

Mate you have been entirely realistic. Those who shouted you down and shouted abuse because they didn't like what you said are the idiots.

It is possible in life for people to make what seem like daft or implausible comments at the time only for them to come true. If someone had said to you last November that the team who had got Saints to 3rd place in the Premier League would be dismantled 9 months later you too would have probably labelled them a lunatic. Just because someone predicting armageddon is ultimately proved right doesn't automatically mean it didn't seem like bonkers at the time it was predicted. That said, I agree that all criticism should be constructive rather than destructive.

They just want the best for the club, as do I.

Previously on here I have been very positive, but it's always best to tailor your mood to the reality of the situation, otherwise you become defined by being positive or negative rather than reacting to what the circumstances are.

It is possible in life for people to make what seem like daft or implausible comments at the time only for them to come true. If someone had said to you last November that the team who had got Saints to 3rd place in the Premier League would be dismantled 9 months later you too would have probably labelled them a lunatic. Just because someone predicting armageddon is ultimately proved right doesn't automatically mean it didn't seem like bonkers at the time it was predicted. That said, I agree that all criticism should be constructive rather than destructive.

It wasn't really that bonkers though. I only a picked up on what I saw, both in MPs reluctance to commit, Lallana's comments from the awards night, and from being there myself, some other bits and pieces.

It was all there for people to see if they wanted to.

.I could end up looking very silly (more than usual) but I simply cant see how anyone could buy him and cannot think of a single example of a player being sold with such an injury, at the level and price that J Rod would command.

Well there you go.....apologies all round to those that took exception.

I still can't work it out, but then with what's happening at the moment, I guess it I shouldn't try and make any sense out of anything.

Wouldn't it be a miracle if it turned out not to be as bad as first thought............

Oh dear oh dear, more forum experts arrogantly chastising others on what to believe.

I hope Saint Charlie gets an apology after this window, he's been like a prophet yet has been roundly abused.

Hi There Dig Dig :lol::lol::lol: