Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Is this really a player we're signing?

Or is he just the currency we're accepting in exchange for removing Osvaldo from our books?

If there's not much interest in Osvaldo, I wonder if anyone would be willing to spend any kind of money on him.

If it's a choice between letting Osvaldo go on loan/move for no fee or getting a player in exchange we may as well take a punt on a player.

Diego Forlan was a laughing stock in the UK but had a cracking career in Spain.

Thank you, someone that actually understands the situation!

It's hard not to at saints at the mo. With the muppets running our club

But you are right, should wait till #septemberONE before I judge

Seriously though, just step away from here. Or at the least think about what you are posting before you hit the reply button. Every thread is littered with your constant, incessant whining or niggly little jibes. And the worst thing about this monotonous b*llocks is that none of it is adding anything of interest to the debate.

Seriously though, just step away from here. Or at the least think about what you are posting before you hit the reply button. Every thread is littered with your constant, incessant whining or niggly little jibes. And the worst thing about this monotonous b*llocks is that none of it is adding anything of interest to the debate.

And this adds what?

On that note, I'm out

We potentially sign a player from Inter Milan (!!) & everyone's complaining he's **** before seeing him player.

This is a massive step down in his career, we shouldn't be so elitist towards players!! What pedigree do we have to demand better than fringe players from Inter Milan!?!

We potentially sign a player from Inter Milan (!!) & everyone's complaining he's **** before seeing him player.

This is a massive step down in his career, we shouldn't be so elitist towards players!! What pedigree do we have to demand better than fringe players from Inter Milan!?!

This is not a vintage Inter side; nor is the Italian league what it once was.

yep we have come a long way if you look at it but people judging before hes kicked a ball here its pathetic and they call themselves fans support the team FFS gonna be hard enough as it is

LoL

Scholetto would have been laughed at by all had he been suggested in the last window

How we have fallen

You don't know the circumstances of the deal (if there really is one) or how it relates to getting rid of Osvaldo so why not shut the **** up until you do you tedious ***t. You just love to spread gloom and despondency and along with Hypo and Window Cleaner are the biggest bores on this board. Take some time off before you do yourself some harm.

So depressed ... We are going down the pan ...and all my Saints mates usually tell me I'm an eternal optimist

What I cannot accept is all the statements that we're about to sign players only for hopes to be dashed ???and, worse, the hollow assurances that we aren't going to sell others.

What a mess

Or try and form an informed opinion on what he will add to our squad and whether he is a good signing or not?

We won't know if he is a good signing until he has played. I wouldn't bank on finding informed opinions on the forum either.

We won't know if he is a good signing until he has played. I wouldn't bank on finding informed opinions on the forum either.

So your opinion on signing Messi or one of Hartlepool's reserves would be exactly the same until you see them playing for us?

Are either of these Inter players starters? Or are they fringe players that only get a run out in the first round of the cup?

Somebody must of seen these play before

Schelotto has been farmed off on loan to low end Italian clubs/serie b clubs over the last few years. He's really not rated in Italy by anyone.

As a squad filler, I guess he'll add something though. I don't think adding squad fillers is the way forward though, always buy better. This is a sure fire way to regress.

Schelotto has been farmed off on loan to low end Italian clubs/serie b clubs over the last few years. He's really not rated in Italy by anyone.

As a squad filler, I guess he'll add something though. I don't think adding squad fillers is the way forward though, always buy better. This is a sure fire way to regress.

Well at least he might come in useful in the cups :)

Unless I am missing something there is still a month until end of window! Trust RK to make right signings for him, sure there will be pleasant surprises!

exactly i have a feeling this is just all to do with Osvaldo's deal we need a bit of depth why not take him for this season no good no loss to us really

Not quite true, seems to have a good half a season last year at Parma, got a few goals towards their 6th place finish.

So your opinion on signing Messi or one of Hartlepool's reserves would be exactly the same until you see them playing for us?[/quote

A "good signing" as you put it, is only determined by actual achievement rather than previous reputation. Sure, we can debate what they might bring to the team but they can only be deemed "good" or otherwise at a later date. So, to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with being excited or otherwise about a signing but that doesn't make it more or less likely that they will be a success.

A "good signing" as you put it, is only determined by actual achievement rather than previous reputation. Sure, we can debate what they might bring to the team but they can only be deemed "good" or otherwise at a later date. So, to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with being excited or otherwise about a signing but that doesn't make it more or less likely that they will be a success.

Ok, thanks for that :rolleyes:

My point being it's better to judge a player on performances rather than stats. I'm not saying this guy is gonna be great - he may be **** - but let's give him a chance yeah?
Who is sayng we shouldn't give hm a chance? If he plays, of course I'd get behind him, but I find it hard not to beleve there isn't better out there.

My point being it's better to judge a player on performances rather than stats. I'm not saying this guy is gonna be great - he may be **** - but let's give him a chance yeah?

I was prepared to give him at least the first 5 minutes of his debut before deciding, but luckily S-Clarke has saved me the time.

All this Italian news has been a distraction for the major players we're trying to get. Whilst all eyes are on Inter our other guys are tying up other deals.

Why do some on here have it in their heads loans are free. There are fees involved, salaries and expenses to pay. Often they don't come cheap.

My understanding of the various snippets about the osvaldo deal is that Inter Milan are fairly limited financially and cannot afford to pay all of Osvaldo's wages, so we are taking more than one player off of them to cover it e.g taider + schelotto = Osvaldos wages ish. They probably said they would take him off our hands and wanted to pay say 60% (conjecture) of osvaldo's wages or send players of sufficient value to us to cover the short fall

A marquee signing and a couple strong addictions this week please, it's interesting that no one appears to be ITK apart from those that re word twitter grape vine bull****, even Guan doesn't appear ITK

Prediction (glass half full)

Hernandez

Foster

Vlaar

A marquee signing and a couple strong addictions this week please, it's interesting that no one appears to be ITK apart from those that re word twitter grape vine bull****, even Guan doesn't appear ITK

I know a man who knows a man that could sort you out if you're looking for something.