Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Zero point of signing Forster if we let Boruc go. Back one square one with **** backup.

Bar the top 4/5, doesn't every club have a **** back-up keeper?

I love the Holy Goalie, but we all know he's prone to a rick or two, and his kicking is pretty poor. There is no way he'll stay on the bench.

Bar the top 4/5, doesn't every club have a **** back-up keeper?

I love the Holy Goalie, but we all know he's prone to a rick or two, and his kicking is pretty poor. There is no way he'll stay on the bench.

Not one as poor as Gazzaniga or Davis. They are the worst no 2 keepers in the league I reckon. Kelvin mostly due to age, has obviously been great for us previously.

And we came 8th with them. I doubt it's the summer to solve all problems. Plus Forster is more likely to play every game and not get injured.

We came 8th in spite of Gazzaniga and Davis, who had a high error rate whenever they played. Sorry, but backup goalie was one of the key things to sort out this summer as the Gazza period in December cost us big time. Clearly we are after Forster, but need to keep Boruc too otherwise there is limited benefit.

Are there any other often linked / regularly rumoured pursuits by other Prem clubs, like ours with Ings / Celtic pair / Norwich pair / Rojo, which have yet to turn into an actual signing? Either most others keep theirs out of the media until they are almost done (as we did with Bertrand TBF), or they go for players and sign them much much quicker. Nearest one I can think of is Remy to Newcastle but that was only for 10-14 days and looks dead now

Are there any other often linked / regularly rumoured pursuits by other Prem clubs, like ours with Ings / Celtic pair / Norwich pair / Rojo, which have yet to turn into an actual signing? Either most others keep theirs out of the media until they are almost done (as we did with Bertrand TBF), or they go for players and sign them much much quicker. Nearest one I can think of is Remy to Newcastle but that was only for 10-14 days and looks dead now

Maybe it's our negotiating tactics?

Schniederlin to Arsenal has been going on for a while now

Both of which we are said to have options to buy included in them and we are still linked with purchasing the likes of Forster, Rojo, van Dijk, Vlaar, Redmond, Hernandez.

He didn't say we weren't linked with others did he. So far have made no signings after Ralph has spoken to suggest that we aren't significantly downgrading on last season. Remains to be seen if we can get any big name signings over the line.

Both of which we are said to have options to buy included in them and we are still linked with purchasing the likes of Forster, Rojo, van Dijk, Vlaar, Redmond, Hernandez.

We won't sign either vlaar or rojo IMO

Why on earth would vlaar leave a bigger club where is is the main man.

Two loans on so far after all the fuss and promises of Ralph.

And I strongly suspect that the two signings we have made for money were forced on the board by Ronald Koeman .......as in I will only sign as manager if i get these two players .

So the Board havnt willingly spent a penny , I will be more convinced by there desire to move forward when we BUY another player.

Putting in derisory bids on players does not count as commitment .

Think you'll be surprised. Where did we finish last season? Where did Villa finish? Who's our manager? Think club performance outweighs club size these days.

What's the difference between 8th and 14th or so? Nothing really

We both won f-all

Seems like a bit of a change in transfer strategy with these domestic links.

You can't polish the situation the club are in MLG yes we've been linked in the sun newspaper today to Hernandez but that's about as ITK as a fart. Loans aren't going to contribute that much to the confidence and re building of the team, we've got big fees for big players and with two weeks until Liverpool and under four weeks until September one it's not looking that rosey

Celtic have already got Craig Gordon but would need a replacement no. 2 if Forster went.

We should offer them £6m + Gazza. They get their backup, we'd have Boruc/ Forster to fight it out for no. 1 and 2, with KD as emergency no. 3 in the unlikely event the other two are unavailable.

Win win.

You can't polish the situation the club are in MLG yes we've been linked in the sun newspaper today to Hernandez but that's about as ITK as a fart.

More than just the Sun, also in the...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/javier-hernandez-latest-southampton-chasing-manchester-united-striker-but-atletico-not-interested-in-chicharito-9642347.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712686/Southampton-face-competition-Inter-Milan-Man-Uniteds-Javier-Hernandez.html

Koeman didn't deny the Hernandez link after the Brighton game....

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9402638/-koeman:-schneiderlin-staying

When asked about Hernandez Koeman answered with a big grin on his face "we like to have all the good players". Perhaps there is nothing in it, but he could have easily denied it completely if he wanted.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Celtic have already got Craig Gordon but would need a replacement no. 2 if Forster went.

We should offer them £6m + Gazza. They get their backup, we'd have Boruc/ Forster to fight it out for no. 1 and 2, with KD as emergency no. 3 in the unlikely event the other two are unavailable.

Win win.

Celtic are pretty sharp when it comes to transfers. They spot good players, buy them in cheap (van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster etc) and sell them high. No way will they take Gazzaniga.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/javier-hernandez-latest-southampton-chasing-manchester-united-striker-but-atletico-not-interested-in-chicharito-9642347.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-eye-15-million-swoop-3951048

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712686/Southampton-face-competition-Inter-Milan-Man-Uniteds-Javier-Hernandez.html

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9402638/-koeman:-schneiderlin-staying

When asked about Hernandez Koeman answered with a big grin on his face "we like to have all the good players". Perhaps there is nothing in it, but he could have easily denied it completely if he wanted.

Inter is the name that keeps cropping up as our primary competition for his signature. You'd have to assume that we're talking to them about Osvaldo, Hernandez and the loans as one big package. Wouldnt be surprised if they're playing hardball - 'unless you take our dross we wont take Osvaldo and will go for Hernadez instead'.

Edited by buctootim

Still not enthused about the hernandez link, but will be reasonably happy should it get over the line dependant on the package we offer. It gives us another option, I just dont find him fitting into the 433 system we will employ.

And anyway, surely a deal for hernandez wont be far off a package we could put together for Bony ? So why arent we sniffing around him instead ?

Still not enthused about the hernandez link, but will be reasonably happy should it get over the line dependant on the package we offer. It gives us another option, I just dont find him fitting into the 433 system we will employ.

And anyway, surely a deal for hernandez wont be far off a package we could put together for Bony ? So why arent we sniffing around him instead ?

Cause Bony has specifically said he will only leave to a team in Europe.

Inter is the name that keeps cropping up as our primary competition for his signature. You'd have to assume that we're talking to them about Osvaldo, Hernandez and the loans as one big package. Wouldnt be surprised if they're playing hardball - 'unless you take our dross we wont take Osvaldo and will go for Hernadez instead'.

I thought the Inter/Hernandez thing was mooted as a sort of part exchange for Guarin who I've absolutely no idea if Utd want or not. Agent just trying to stir up interest I expect, lot of it about at this time of year.

I thought the Inter/Hernandez thing was mooted as a sort of part exchange for Guarin who I've absolutely no idea if Utd want or not. Agent just trying to stir up interest I expect, lot of it about at this time of year.

Id of said guarin was just the player utd needed right now

We won't sign either vlaar or rojo IMO

Why on earth would vlaar leave a bigger club where is is the main man.

Reported in the mirror today the he is having "crunch" talks with lambert over the weekend. If they don't go as he wants then he would like to link up with RK as he's played under him at Feynord. How much truth and how much putting 2+2 together I'll let you decide.

Agreed, I can't get excited about Hernandez, there must be better options out there for the sort of money that is getting mentioned.

To be fair Tadier sounds like a very good player. Ideal to get on loan and see if it could work longer term.

Taider looks a good prospect, but it worries be a tad, surely it spells the end for Cork or Schneiderlin. We are hardly in need of midfielders right now. Do inter not have any reasonable CBs or strikers ?

So has javier though

Slightly different scenario though. Bony is first choice and the star at his current club, so if he moves it will only be for a top club.

Hernandez may have said as much himself, but he'll need to look as his career in the end as he's clearly not needed at OT.

Taider looks a good prospect, but it worries be a tad, surely it spells the end for Cork or Schneiderlin. We are hardly in need of midfielders right now. Do inter not have any reasonable CBs or strikers ?

Maybe RK thinks Tadier has different attributes to Cork? Schneiderlin if we are honest is still likely to leave this summer.

Fair enough, hopefully it's more than paper filler as the club needs a marquee signing and a striker is essential. pellè average Ricky replacement Rodriguez injuried then dross like Gallagher (although young) sharp, Mayuka.

A signing rather than loan will increase club moral and give the supporters at least something to smile about! keep the faith and all that