Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I agree. I'm sure he'll do well for us but I'm also sure he'll be gone in 2 to 3 years to bigger and better things.

Exactly, Hiddink signed for the two next years till Euro 2016 after that moment it's sure Danny Blind will take over the job.

Before Hiddink's announcement there was a little competition between him and Koeman but Hiddink gets the job and gets his revanche for 1998.

It's Koeman his dream to manage Barcelona or Dutch NT once, but I'm sure he will stay a few years at Southampton if they don't fire him.

So don't be afraid after Hiddink it's Danny Blind who will become manager.

About the transfer rumours I've heard the name Hernandez, for me it seems like an excellent signing but I don't see how he can play together with Pellè.

Pellè is more a 433 striker, with only him up front, with Hernandez you should play whether 442 or 352 with two strikers, I think. Do you think he can also play as winger?

Of course Pellè also played with Feyenoord in a 352 system, but it's not his thing, he is an 'aanspeelpunt' a striker that holds the ball and passes the ball backwards so that midfielders can run to the goal and shoot.

Rojo or Vlaar, both great players, gonna be happy if one them joins Saints FC.

Forster and the two from Norwich.

That could work. Prefer Forster, Van Djik, and Redmond myself. Guess Taider might be one too obviously.

Not given up the idea of Rojo, but don't get the renewed Hernandez speculation.

Twice Koeman has said we were close to getting deals done, and twice we've announced players less than 48 hours later. Here's hoping for the trifecta.

I would enjoy a press conference with four new faces at the table.

Batman ... Take a ****ing break from this site and saints for perhaps 24 hours!

Lol

Look at people getting uptight at the suggestion that Koeman, the Dutch legend might well be the holland manager in a couple of years.

It's hardly a negative or a far out suggestion

To do so, we will have to have two great season, which would be brilliant.

He has expressed his desire to be involved in the national set up quite recently (before joining us)

Unlike arsenal or united, as we have seen with some players, we are hardly a mega draw and probably not enough to stop a Dutch legend managing his national side of the opportunity became available

If you see that as a negative, then I can't help you. I think you may need a rest if you only see certain posts in one way

Lol

Look at people getting uptight at the suggestion that Koeman, the Dutch legend might well be the holland manager in a couple of years.

He has expressed his desire to be involved in the national set up quite recently (before joining us)

Unlike arsenal or united, as we have seen with some players, we are hardly a mega draw and probably not enough to stop a Dutch legend managing his national side of the opportunity became available

If you see that as a negative, then I can't help you. I think you may need a rest if you only see certain posts in one way

Let's see how he does in the PL first, we may be delighted he's gone

The clue was in the fact that Batman said "two years time".
we will see within 6 weeks, if he is still here after 2years he will be seen as a marginal success. If he turns us into the club we had 6months ago playing great football etc he won't be here or be snapped up by CL club . It is a sad indictment, but realistic.

Last season we had a team bonding together over an excellent pre-season, even walking over hot coals for each other, literally. This year we have just had unrest and all our England internationals defecting. I do find it amazing that people think that chucking a few late signings and loans together will make us stronger. For that to happen, we need more than a Dutch national team manager in waiting. We did a miracle worker.

Batman - 7200+ posts in 16 months ! Did you realise there is more to life than this forum lol !!

Yes. But I like coming on here.

Is that ok?

It's less than 20 posts a day. Do you realise there is life outside of here? Why are you posting when you could be out there enjoying life this morning

I'm off to work for a couple if hours, maybe the dice of life will roll me 6 and something mental happens!!!

Edited by Batman

Lol

As noted above, it will be Blind after Hiddink.

Koeman is unlikely to take the Holland job at his age, generally international management is for those that can't keep up with the day to day as well anymore.

He'd have been in coaching managing for 20 odd years in a couple of years time. Sounds about right for that kind of move.

As noted above, it will be Blind after Hiddink.

Glad that's all sorted. Who's the next England manager?

He'd have been in coaching managing for 20 odd years in a couple of years time. Sounds about right for that kind of move.

Glad that's all sorted. Who's the next England manager?

:lol:Southgate.

Holland already have a plan in place for their managers apparently (according to Riin).

But he hasn't really achieved much, certainly not compared to Holland's other international managers.

I think Delldays premise had him taking us to two top ten finishes, winning the League Cup and getting to the Europa League final. I'd like to think so anyway.

And compare that to the outgoing Van Gaal, or the current incumbent Hiddink. Nowhere close.

Possibly better than hier apparent Blind though. Or have you got him down winning the Champions League in the next two years?

Inter-Southampton, close to twice agreement Taider and Schelotto

The deal has accelerated in the late afternoon yesterday. Taider had a meeting "face to face" with Piero Aid. The head of the technical Algerian explained that Southampton is a great destination for good to show as evidenced by the sale of the Saints of the last days. As well as Osvaldo, even Taider would go away on loan sale with right of redemption (7 million ransom for both). But if it does not accept the Taider Southampton, Lazio are ready, Sassuolo and another Premier League club. Inter tries to capture the negotiation as an opportunity Osvaldo also financial. Because yesterday alongside Argentine Taider and inserting the name of Schelotto. The player has already given its approval for the transfer to Southampton and Inter have in hand an agreement for a loan with the right of redemption at 5 million. Aid has concocted some sort of offer yield-take-two-one to relieve the coffers of the club in terms of salary. In the case where the whole mosaic were to go to the place, the operation would be perfect.

The bit in bold is the bit I dont like. Seems they just want to dump their expensive unwanted tat on us (Schelotto).

The deal has accelerated in the late afternoon yesterday. Taider had a meeting "face to face" with Piero Aid. The head of the technical Algerian explained that Southampton is a great destination for good to show as evidenced by the sale of the Saints of the last days. As well as Osvaldo, even Taider would go away on loan sale with right of redemption (7 million ransom for both). But if it does not accept the Taider Southampton, Lazio are ready, Sassuolo and another Premier League club. Inter tries to capture the negotiation as an opportunity Osvaldo also financial. Because yesterday alongside Argentine Taider and inserting the name of Schelotto. The player has already given its approval for the transfer to Southampton and Inter have in hand an agreement for a loan with the right of redemption at 5 million. Aid has concocted some sort of offer yield-take-two-one to relieve the coffers of the club in terms of salary. In the case where the whole mosaic were to go to the place, the operation would be perfect.

The bit in bold is the bit I dont like. Seems they just want to dump their expensive unwanted tat on us.

2 more signings for free though, club has got to be happy with that ;)

I guess it allows us to focus on spending the $$ on another striker and sorting out the CB and GK area's - that's where I feel Koeman wants to add real quality to. These signings just bolster the squad depth some more, which is something we didn't really have last year.

Ezequiel Matías Schelotto (Italian pronunciation: [skeˈlɔtto]; born 23 May 1989) is an Italian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Serie A club Parma.

He is nicknamed El Galgo ("The Greyhound" in Spanish) because of his running skills or, less frequently, El Mosquetero ("The Musketeer") because of his peculiar look.

Think the 3 will be Taider, Forster and Van Dijk. If we could get Redmond, Vlaar and Ings as well that would be a decent window

I would be very very happy with that - especially given how the window started!

That would be

Pelle

Tadic

Bertrand

Taider

Forster

Van Dijk

Redmond

Vlaar

Ings

Got to assume we won't be able to pull them off - but if by some miracle we did, I will be feeling pretty happy about the coming season.

I would be very very happy with that - especially given how the window started!

That would be

Pelle

Tadic

Bertrand

Taider

Forster

Van Dijk

Redmond

Vlaar

Ings

Got to assume we won't be able to pull them off - but if by some miracle we did, I will be feeling pretty happy about the coming season.

ireally dont get how we can get excited about players who are untested in the PL. It is a risk, even Forster is bit of a risk although I do believe he is a good keeper on the games I have seen him play

ireally dont get how we can get excited about players who are untested in the PL. It is a risk, even Forster is bit of a risk although I do believe he is a good keeper on the games I have seen him play

How many of our signings or home grown players had played in the PL before they played in the PL for us? Lovren? Schneiderlin? Lallana? Lambert? Rodriguez?

I'd rather sign the best from other leagues than the players other PL clubs want to get rid of.

If you only ever allow players who have experience of the premier league to play in the premier league, you're going to run out of players pretty quickly.

What's special about the premier league?

It's played at a faster pace than most other leagues. That's it.

The bit in bold is the bit I dont like. Seems they just want to dump their expensive unwanted tat on us (Schelotto).

I think the expensive tat in question is Osvaldo. I take it that they are going to loan us two players to balance the wages of Osvaldo so both clubs can balance the books wage and FFP wise but it's difficult to tell for sure from the interesting translation

So if we signed Messi that wouldn't be exciting as he is 'untested' in the PL? Who would you suggest as an 'exciting' signing from the PL who would come to us and cost less than £15 million?

So if we signed Messi that wouldn't be exciting as he is 'untested' in the PL? Who would you suggest as an 'exciting' signing from the PL who would come to us and cost less than £15 million?

Yep, we should be on the phone immediately to pull in Darren Bent vastly experienced premier league striker ;)

I guess after being burned with Osvaldo (possibly Ramirez to a lesser degree) it makes sense to loan, although does seem to fly in the face of the detailed recruitment planning that we are always told about.

Tadier has been on our list for about 18-24 months, one we have continued to track. And now an opportunity has arisen and we're taking it.