Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Poch has had one stand out season, which faded notably. Koeman has a long pedigree of being right up there. Not comparing apples with apples for me.

Wasn't poch manager of the season or something in Spain one year ?

The season did not fade out notably, did it

Koeman was a disaster at Valencia. I think they hate him there

Was not that great at benfica, when his brief is to win the league and do well in Europe.

I am very happy with Koeman but why is there a need to completely alter reality?

Poch as a coach is outstanding, personally, feelings aside, koeman has a lot to do for me to consider him to be at the same level. The way poch set a team up to trigger the press so effectively was a wonderful thing to watch from someone who is currently trying to coach pressing into players.

I think, given time, he'll get Spurs into the CL again. And eventually end up at a top club

Pochettino's teams were exciting to watch, no doubt. But by the end of the season, his one-dimensional approach had been sussed out by the cannier managers who devised tactics to overcome it. He had brought something a bit different to the PL, but we saw several other teams in the World Cup playing the Bielsa style and it won't be a surprise to see it becoming more widespread in the PL. I believe Koeman to have more about him tactically, but we'll have to wait and see.

Personally I think that Pochettino made a bad error of judgement going to Spurs, whose expectations are greater than their capabilities and he will probably find that instead of using them as a stepping-stone to a really big club, his career will take a backwards step.

Pochettino's teams were exciting to watch, no doubt. But by the end of the season, his one-dimensional approach had been sussed out by the cannier managers who devised tactics to overcome it. He had brought something a bit different to the PL, but we saw several other teams in the World Cup playing the Bielsa style and it won't be a surprise to see it becoming more widespread in the PL. I believe Koeman to have more about him tactically, but we'll have to wait and see.

Personally I think that Pochettino made a bad error of judgement going to Spurs, whose expectations are greater than their capabilities and he will probably find that instead of using them as a stepping-stone to a really big club, his career will take a backwards step.

Yet last season, many times. You claimed we could make the champions league. Man on the moon and all that

Yet, pooch at spurs have no chance really?

As spurs being a backwards step, I bet they spend nearly every week of this season above us.

Wasn't poch manager of the season or something in Spain one year ?

The season did not fade out notably, did it

Koeman was a disaster at Valencia. I think they hate him there

Was not that great at benfica, when his brief is to win the league and do well in Europe.

I am very happy with Koeman but why is there a need to completely alter reality?

And yet still won the Copa del Rey. I'll take him being a disaster at saints if we lift the FA cup.....

I hope Moses can lead us through the exodus.

Sorry

I was trying to compose a finding Moses amongst the Reed's joke but i couldn't make it work :( It needed both Les & Harry to make it plausible but i couldn't work them both into the scenario :(

Who had sussed it out? The only team that sussed us out was Chelsea, though if you want to split hairs they also sussed out Liverpool and City. The impact of losing Jrod has nothing to do with being sussed it out - save to say we've done f**k this summer to replace what he brought to the team.

You suggesting that they actually have a strategy..

I think they do - as long as Les Reed is at the club I believe we'll have an emphasis on young English talent. I think he wants to lead the way with English football development. To be fair to him, he's doing a good job thus far and one of the reasons we've got such great fees for our players is because they are English.

Yet last season, many times. You claimed we could make the champions league. Man on the moon and all that

Yet, pooch at spurs have no chance really?

As spurs being a backwards step, I bet they spend nearly every week of this season above us.

I said this at the time and I stand by it. Poch is clearly a decent manager who the players loved playing for. I his methods will work equally as well on seasoned professionals at a big club on big money as they did on starry eyed players just out of the championship time will tell.

Tactically he had one way of playing and either it worked or it didn't. When it did work we were fantastic to watch but at other times, especially early in the season we struggled to break teams down. He also rarely influenced a game by his substitutions or tactical changes, if we conceded first we rarely won. His substitutions were usually like for like using the same core group of players.

Good man manager, undoubtedly, if your face fit. Good coach, certainly. Tactically excellent, I'm not so sure. I think he'll be another one of those managers who is a good manager but not a great one. I think he's gone to spurs to put himself in the shop window for a bigger job like he did with us. I'm not convinced that's how it'll pan out though.

I said this at the time and I stand by it. Poch is clearly a decent manager who the players loved playing for. I his methods will work equally as well on seasoned professionals at a big club on big money as they did on starry eyed players just out of the championship time will tell.

Tactically he had one way of playing and either it worked or it didn't. When it did work we were fantastic to watch but at other times, especially early in the season we struggled to break teams down. He also rarely influenced a game by his substitutions or tactical changes, if we conceded first we rarely won. His substitutions were usually like for like using the same core group of

We were third in november mate.

Also, tbf to Poch, we didn't really have options off the bench to genuinely change games. He'll have that at Spurs.

He won't make top 4 I don't think, but he'll give a good challenge I reckon.

So we've lost four regulars and a reserve which means four changes to the team. Unsustainable say everybody. So what happens to Liverpool? looks like eight brought in, so it's alright it works for them. Arsenal four, god knows how many at Utd, WHU, Crystal Palace, Hull, Burnley, etc etc. What a load of hypocrites in the media. We've replaced three so far, of course the jury is still out but I bet we will be a lot stronger overall this season than last.

So we've lost four regulars and a reserve which means four changes to the team. Unsustainable say everybody. So what happens to Liverpool? looks like eight brought in, so it's alright it works for them. Arsenal four, god knows how many at Utd, WHU, Crystal Palace, Hull, Burnley, etc etc. What a load of hypocrites in the media. We've replaced three so far, of course the jury is still out but I bet we will be a lot stronger overall this season than last.

Completely different situations. We've lost the spine of our team - those other teams haven't.

If anyone wants the dictionary definition of disingenuous, then here we are.

Blimey.

I don't think they are irreplaceable. A decent centre back and overall we aren't much different. All a matter of opinion. The injured Rodriguez is a bigger loss than the others. I still think we will get over fifty points this season. Bring in five more including another good keeper and we will be in good shape as a squad.

We were third in november mate.

Also, tbf to Poch, we didn't really have options off the bench to genuinely change games. He'll have that at Spurs.

He won't make top 4 I don't think, but he'll give a good challenge I reckon.

West ham at home, Sunderland at home, Norwich away, WBA we needed a last minute pen. Only one goal from open play on those from four very winnable games

As I said when it worked we wer excellent, but either it worked or it didn't.

I don't think we have lost the spine of our team. Although Lovren is a big loss and will take some replacing, the spine of our team was really its engine room - the midfield, which remains almost intact. And I think JWP will be more of a factor under Koeman than MP allowed him to be.

Lallana, for all his talent, was often a bit of a fart in a thunderstorm - tactically speaking. I think we can replace him (and perhaps already have) with someone who may be less talented but is more reliable in chance-creation, and I'd be amazed if we don't see more open-play goals from Rickie's replacement(s). And that, for me, was last year's story - failing to convert possession into points. That and not having the squad depth when the injuries hit.

Depending on the last pieces in the recruitment jigsaw, and Koeman's skill at creating good chemistry fairly quickly, I can see us building from a slower start than last year but ending with more points.

I don't think they are irreplaceable. A decent centre back and overall we aren't much different. All a matter of opinion. The injured Rodriguez is a bigger loss than the others. I still think we will get over fifty points this season. Bring in five more including another good keeper and we will be in good shape as a squad.

I concur, although we maybe a notable minority on here!

I agree. We need a decent centre half and then any purchases will only help to deepen the squad.

I don't think we have lost the spine of our team. Although Lovren is a big loss and will take some replacing, the spine of our team was really its engine room - the midfield, which remains almost intact. And I think JWP will be more of a factor under Koeman than MP allowed him to be.

Lallana, for all his talent, was often a bit of a fart in a thunderstorm - tactically speaking. I think we can replace him (and perhaps already have) with someone who may be less talented but is more reliable in chance-creation, and I'd be amazed if we don't see more open-play goals from Rickie's replacement(s). And that, for me, was last year's story - failing to convert possession into points. That and not having the squad depth when the injuries hit.

Depending on the last pieces in the recruitment jigsaw, and Koeman's skill at creating good chemistry fairly quickly, I can see us building from a slower start than last year but ending with more points.

agree entirely with this....four good signings and the picture is far brighter......it's the waiting and hoping that's stressful!

I was saying the same to my Father-in Law this afternoon. Anything above one more quality CB and the squad will be stronger than last season. If we can go through the year without having to play Gazza, Kelv, Maya or Jos we will have had a result. Tadic looks at least as good as Adam. Pelle will get some goals and I preferred Clyne to Chambers anyway (not to say Chambers might become a better player in the future though). Looking forward to the season!