Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

In my mind he's already gone to be honest. I'm not all that fussed now.

I get what you mean.

If he does force a move, will make the club and more so, Ralph look stupid and a bit weak. Especially after that statements recently made (which were positive IMO)

I hope we hold our nerve. If we don't, I hope we so a very good deal that would include chadli coming the other way and we have another CM in the building

A lot of clubs have done lot of their transfer business already. Also unlike us no other team in the PL have lost 5 first team players. I know its not easy to sign players but as previously sad by others we should have had at least a couple of replacements lined up before we agreed to let all 5 go.

This has been done to death. We are where we are so why not just accept the situation and see who comes in?

I get what you mean.

If he does force a move, will make the club and more so, Ralph look stupid and a bit weak. Especially after that statements recently made (which were positive IMO)

I hope we hold our nerve. If we don't, I hope we so a very good deal that would include chadli coming the other way and we have another CM in the building

Agreed, I'd be happy with 25m + Chadli. We won't get that though.

Also unlike us no other team in the PL have lost 5 first team players

Of course, this is tangible cobblers - even taking out the borderline cases the following sides have lost 5 players who regularly featured in their match day squads as often as the likes of Chambers or Osvaldo did, and sides like Man City and QPR have released far more fringe players too.

Arsenal

Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City) Free

Bacary Sagna (Manchester City) Free

Nicklas Bendtner Released

Chu Young Park Released

Carl Jenkinson (West Ham United) Loan

Chelsea

Ashley Cole (Roma) Free

Samuel Eto'o Released

Frank Lampard (New York City) Free

Demba Ba (Besiktas) Undisclosed

Romelu Lukaku (Everton) £28m

Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand (QPR) Free

Ryan Giggs Released

Nemanja Vidic (Inter Milan) Free

Alexander Buttner (Dynamo Moscow) Undisclosed

Patrice Evra (Juventus) Undisclosed

Sunderland

Phil Bardsley (Stoke City) Free

Craig Gardner (West Bromwich Albion) Free

Carlos Cuellar Released

Andrea Dossena Released

Oscar Ustari Released

David Vaughan Released

Kieren Westwood Released

Jack Colback (Newcastle United) Free

Swansea

Leroy Lita Released

Michu (Napoli) Loan

Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur) Undisclosed

Michel Vorm (Tottenham Hotspur) Undisclosed

Alejandro Pozuelo (Rayo Vallecano) Undisclosed

West Brom

Billy Jones (Sunderland) Free

Nicolas Anelka Released

Zoltan Gera Released

Diego Lugano Released

Liam Ridgewell Released

Steven Reid (Burnley) Free

West Ham

Joe Cole (Aston Villa) Free

Jack Collison Released

George McCartney Released

Matt Taylor (Burnley) Free

Very positive news conference. Looks like we could realistically end up with both this guy and Rojo.

Ronald looked REALLY ****ed off in the presser. Horrible tension in the air. Something nasty is going on behind the scenes...

Quite divergent views. Didn't get to watch the presser, so any body language experts in the house to confirm whether Ron was very positive or really ****ed off?

Quite divergent views. Didn't get to watch the presser, so any body language experts in the house to confirm whether Ron was very positive or really ****ed off?

He looked about as reserved as he usually does, to me.

Of course, this is tangible cobblers - even taking out the borderline cases the following sides have lost 5 players who regularly featured in their match day squads as often as the likes of Chambers or Osvaldo did, and sides like Man City and QPR have released far more fringe players too.

Arsenal

Chu Young Park Released

Chelsea

Ashley Cole (Roma) Free

Samuel Eto'o Released

Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand (QPR) Free

Ryan Giggs Released

Sunderland

Carlos Cuellar Released

Andrea Dossena Released

Oscar Ustari Released

David Vaughan Released

Kieren Westwood Released

Swansea

Leroy Lita Released

Michu (Napoli) Loan

West Brom

Nicolas Anelka Released

Zoltan Gera Released

Diego Lugano Released

Liam Ridgewell Released

West Ham

Jack Collison Released

Matt Taylor (Burnley) Free

Have you gone all MLG? He's made an art of stating the tortuously obvious to be trivially correct. You know what the point was regards the quality and importance of those departed players to our team.

Or at least, I hope you do - if not, you might have full-blown MLG.

And yes the poster is incorrect - we've lost six players....

Edited by shurlock

Arsenal

Chu Young Park Released

Chelsea

Ashley Cole (Roma) Free

Samuel Eto'o Released

Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand (QPR) Free

Ryan Giggs Released

Sunderland

Carlos Cuellar Released

Andrea Dossena Released

Oscar Ustari Released

David Vaughan Released

Kieren Westwood Released

Swansea

Leroy Lita Released

Michu (Napoli) Loan

West Brom

Nicolas Anelka Released

Zoltan Gera Released

Diego Lugano Released

Liam Ridgewell Released

West Ham

Jack Collison Released

Matt Taylor (Burnley)

Of all those players the only real first team regulars, that are consistant with our big losses would be;

Sagna - replaced by debuchy

Vidic - as of now unreplaced

Evra - replaced by shaw

Eto'o - replaced by costa

So no, its not quite the same

Of all those players the only real first team regulars, that are consistant with our big losses would be;

Evra - replaced by shaw

Well, apart from Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Demba Ba, Rio Ferdinand, Alexander Buttner, Phil Bardsley, Craig Gardner, Jack Colback, Ben Davies, Michel Vorm. Alejandro Pozuelo, Billy Jones, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Reid, Jack Collison and Matt Taylor, but yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Anyone thinking that these Gardos rumours are put in place to get Sporting to hurry up and make a decision on Rojo? Obviously it'd be great to sign both but I don't think that'll be the case at all.

Nope, I think its past that now. I really do hope we end up with Rojo as well but I think it'll be one or the other.

Anyone thinking that these Gardos rumours are put in place to get Sporting to hurry up and make a decision on Rojo? Obviously it'd be great to sign both but I don't think that'll be the case at all.

Well no, we'll be signing him I expect, that's what the Romanians are saying isn't it. Unless of course they know that he had his medical yesterday and are just assuming that to be the last step before actually signing for the club. Honestly I don't think Rojo wants to play for us at all, hope I'm wrong there though.

Well, apart from Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Demba Ba, Rio Ferdinand, Alexander Buttner, Phil Bardsley, Craig Gardner, Jack Colback, Ben Davies, Michel Vorm. Alejandro Pozuelo, Billy Jones, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Reid, Jack Collison and Matt Taylor, but yeah, I see where you're coming from.

:lol:

Mmm I would say you're on dodgy there. He was comparing the impact on the respective teams that our outgoings had on ours. Many of those you've highlighted were not regular first teamers let alone in the top 5/6 key players.

Have you gone all MLG? He's made an art of stating the tortuously obvious to be trivially correct. You know what the point was regards the quality and importance of those departed players to our team.

Actually you've forgotten Fox and Guly as well. :)

The point he was making was that no other side has lost 5 starters. Well, using those criteria, either we haven't, or that lot have too.

Mmm I would say you're on dodgy there. He was comparing the impact on the respective teams that our outgoings had on ours. Many of those you've highlighted were not regular first teamers let alone in the top 5/6 key players.

Dodgy is being charitable.

Evra - replaced by shaw

Would be nice if your point wasn't complete nonsense.

Yeah I missed the part they were all major players for their respected clubs last year considering most played around half or less of their games I reckon.

Still, i see where you are coming from, well done for completely missing my point

Well, Lampard had 26 appearances in the league, Cole 17, Ba 19, Ferdinand 14, Buttner only 8, Bardsley 26, Gardner 18, Colback 32, Davies 34, Vorm 26, Pozuelo 22, Jones 21, Ridgewell 33, Reid 16, Collison 9 and Taylor 20 so only Buttner and Collison out of the lot had less than 10 apps and the rest were always in or around the first team squad and 9 of them had 20 or more appearances (pretty regular IMO)...

seven if you add Guly who is at least equal to some of the above listed!

Well, Lampard had 26 appearances in the league, Cole 17, Ba 19, Ferdinand 14, Buttner only 8, Bardsley 26, Gardner 18, Colback 32, Davies 34, Vorm 26, Pozuelo 22, Jones 21, Ridgewell 33, Reid 16, Collison 9 and Taylor 20 so only Buttner and Collison out of the lot had less than 10 apps and the rest were always in or around the first team squad and 9 of them had 20 or more appearances (pretty regular IMO)...

So of a 38 game season they only really played around half or less then half ?

Thanks for doing the hard work to prove my point

Evra - replaced by shaw

Vorm? Ben Davies? Michu?

So of a 38 game season they only really played around half or less then half ?

Thanks for doing the hard work to prove my point

Half would be 19, right? So 10 of those I listed played half or more, and 6 of those played 25 games or more with only 6 of my list playing less than half the games. I'd say the majority of those I listed initially were first team regulars last season...

Half would be 19, right? So 10 of those I listed played half or more, and 6 of those played 25 games or more with only 6 of my list playing less than half the games. I'd say the majority of those I listed initially were first team regulars last season...

I get 3 posts a day, I'm happy to use the two that remain to call you an absolute retard.

There really isnt much point argueing about trivialities with you, you have missed the point by such a margin Im surprised we arent argueing about basketball.

If you really believe, for instance, that Lampard, a man that chelsea willingly let go on a free and despite maybe playing 26 games (a little over half) of which Id argue the majority of which were sub appearances, is a bigger loss to chelsea then lallana is to us then you are very very wrong

There really isnt much point argueing about trivialities with you, you have missed the point by such a margin Im surprised we arent argueing about basketball.

If you really believe, for instance, that Lampard, a man that chelsea willingly let go on a free and despite maybe playing 26 games (a little over half) of which Id argue the majority of which were sub appearances, is a bigger loss to chelsea then lallana is to us then you are very very wrong

I get your point completely, I'm just winding down the clock in the office whilst trying to still look busy.

I know none of them were as big a loss as our own (and I'm only counting Lovren, Lallana and Shaw in that, possibly Chambers as it's entirely reasonable to consider that Lambert wouldn't have been our main striker this year anyway, given that we tried to replace him last year and reports we tried to sell him in January), but, I was just pointing out that in the list of four players you picked out and said they were the only players that were first team regulars that left was wide of the mark. I don't particularly care about what I'm arguing here, nor does it matter to me, I'm just pleased that my boss thinks I'm typing away more than anyone else is this afternoon!

Personally I would argue that this thread is titled 'TRANSFER RUMOURS ONLY' and that's not a transfer rumour, so please kindly take your inane babbling elsewhere.

I assume K Billy/Monk/Guan have nothing more for us?

I get your point completely, I'm just winding down the clock in the office whilst trying to still look busy.

I know none of them were as big a loss as our own (and I'm only counting Lovren, Lallana and Shaw in that, possibly Chambers as it's entirely reasonable to consider that Lambert wouldn't have been our main striker this year anyway, given that we tried to replace him last year and reports we tried to sell him in January), but, I was just pointing out that in the list of four players you picked out and said they were the only players that were first team regulars that left was wide of the mark. I don't particularly care about what I'm arguing here, nor does it matter to me, I'm just pleased that my boss thinks I'm typing away more than anyone else is this afternoon!

:lol: fair enough

Personally I would argue that this thread is titled 'TRANSFER RUMOURS ONLY' and that's not a transfer rumour, so please kindly take your inane babbling elsewhere.

I assume K Billy/Monk/Guan have nothing more for us?

If you look to the right theres a bar that scrolls up or down, I find it useful when skipping past certain posts containing a majority of ******** of which yours normally fall into the category of !

HTH

:lol:

Interesting listening to Sean Dyche earlier on TalkSport. He was talking about how difficult it is to get transfer deals done in the Premiership. Sounds like we are not the only ones having trouble getting our targets in.

Are you the same person that has the 'boring James Milner' account on twitter?

Is your boss a Saints fan and does he drop in on this forum?