Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

A little like the time I told you a year in advance we would have our own kit this year. And

Was told the same!lol

I'm not interested in who finds put first pal. Its not a play ground competition , I just share what ever I hear for the benifit of everyone.

Unfortunately if you think we sign every player we go for then you are a bigger ***** than you make out to be

I've seen posters on here post we are signing certain players and get slated when it doesn't happen . But I know for fact they were right to say it as we were well in to talks.

If only the fans knew how many players we were in talks with that never come to anything , you would be shocked!

Bit like caulker. He passed a medical at staplewood bit ended up going elsewhere

It doesn't mean if someone posted this they were full of crap.

You are moron

I was more than happy to give you the benefit of any doubt as I seem to remember you were right about the kit, HOWEVER you are wrong about Caulker and I know that for a fact which makes me doubt the credibility of what your saying.

.... and I know that for a fact .....

As a general observation, and so not specifically aimed in any way at saint_ed, I really do wish that when statements such as this are made, the 'fact' is backed up with 'evidence' to allow others to take an informed position.

Way too often I see fact/FACT/FACT shouting at me but with nothing to show as to why I should accept said 'fact'.

A simple it's a 'fact', because.... is all that's needed

IMHO of course.

As a general observation, and so not specifically aimed in any way at saint_ed, I really do wish that when statements such as this are made, the 'fact' is backed up with 'evidence' to allow others to take an informed position.

Way too often I see fact/FACT/FACT shouting at me but with nothing to show as to why I should accept said 'fact'.

A simple it's a 'fact', because.... is all that's needed

IMHO of course.

There was this article on the BBC earlier (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28693855) which stated this:

"However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour"."

Although this suggests the decision should have allowed Leiga to continue, I was talking with a friend who is a Sports Journalist earlier, who suggested that the precedents were changed in 2011 for the Sion decision, although the offence was different. It seems like an odd case, and one which should have been picked up by UEFA or the match officials, who surely have a list of banned players.

Apologies, I meant to quote MLG in this and can't edit.

Where is the "clear precedent"? All I've seen so far from people saying its wrong regarding other clubs getting financial punishments is for different offences to what Legia did. So they aren't precedents at all.

There was this article on the BBC earlier (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28693855) which stated this:

"However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour"."

Although this suggests the decision should have allowed Leiga to continue, I was talking with a friend who is a Sports Journalist earlier, who suggested that the precedents were changed in 2011 for the Sion decision, although the offence was different. It seems like an odd case, and one which should have been picked up by UEFA or the match officials, who surely have a list of banned players.

Good luck Billy! Good memories of him from our promotion season.

he isn't going anywhere. just that Saints will allow him to leave on a free, if someone comes in for him. Honestly would have been staggered if we were looking for a fee anyway. Strikes me as a "no news" story.

Can you put some context on that... "not good enough" for what?

I would have thought that fairly self explanatory MLG, he doesn't think the team is good enough in his opinion. Is every fan required to right an essay outlining the expected quality of the squad, strengths, shortfalls, targets etc... so that you can review it and decide whether they are able to post on here? Who let the forum police out?!?!?!

As it stands, our team is still not good enough. Eek.

I would have thought that fairly self explanatory MLG, he doesn't think the team is good enough in his opinion. Is every fan required to right an essay outlining the expected quality of the squad, strengths, shortfalls, targets etc... so that you can review it and decide whether they are able to post on here? Who let the forum police out?!?!?!

Its not in the slightest bit "self explanatory".

Using the phrase "not good enough" only makes sense if you put some context around it, like SO16_Saint has...

Not good enough to win the league - definitely

Not good enough to get European football - yes

Not good enough to finish top 8 - maybe

Not good enough to stay up - of course it is

Edited by Matthew Le God

Koeman doing a presser tomorrow so should get a few transfer lines.

Hopefully not too many questions covering the old ground...but expect there will be.

Wonder if anyone will ask what happened to the other 1 or 2 that he wanted in last weekend?

What's with this "presser" you announced last night. What time will it be?

To avoid a relegation battle.

What do you class as a relegation battle??? The last couple fo season anyone from about 11th down was in danger of going down at some point. Our first season up we finished 15th but were only safe the game before the last one.

Maybe?

maybe top 8? yeah, maybe.

IMO we are not in a bad a way as people seem to think (hope?) we are in, and have replaced like for like / better so far.

We need a few more pieces of the puzzle to drop, and we're back in the game.

So yes, maybe top 8... definitely in the 8-14 bracket

What's with this "presser" you announced last night. What time will it be?

Its the normal press conference before a game as they normally do, the club haven't announced what time it will be yet. It'll be live on youtube.

Jim Lucas @Jim_SFCMedia · 18h

Busy day, and another one tomorrow. @Koeman1963 to speak to the media in the afternoon – watch live at http://www.youtube.com/southamptonfc . #saintsfc

maybe top 8? yeah, maybe.

IMO we are not in a bad a way as people seem to think (hope?) we are in, and have replaced like for like / better so far.

We need a few more pieces of the puzzle to drop, and we're back in the game.

So yes, maybe top 8... definitely in the 8-14 bracket

Why would anyone hope we were in a bad way? I don't think we are anywhere near the top 8 and some posters on here are seriously overestimating our remaining team. They will be in for a bit of a rude awakening.

I don't think we are good enough to be competitive in every fixture (as we were in almost every game last season.) I don't think we are good enough to banish any threat of relegation this season and actually I can see us struggling near the bottom as things stand. I don't think we are good enough to justify the hike in season ticket prices and the inevitable price rise in match day tickets. I don't think we are good enough for our chairman to be talking of Europe.

Its the normal press conference before a game as they normally do, the club haven't announced what time it will be yet. It'll be live on youtube.

Jim Lucas @Jim_SFCMedia · 18h

Busy day, and another one tomorrow. @Koeman1963 to speak to the media in the afternoon – watch live at http://www.youtube.com/southamptonfc . #saintsfc

Using the phrase "busy day" only makes sense if you put some context around it

Not good enough to win the league - definitely

Not good enough to get European football - yes

Not good enough to finish top 8 - maybe

Not good enough to stay up - of course it is

If Boruc gets injured for the entire season, we will be in (or very close to) the relegation places with this squad. Likewise, if Pelle gets injured we are fooked as he is out only recognized striker.

almost 48 hours without a signing and the post-Taider optimism has been crushed to be replaced with the creeping stench of despair (at least on here)

Hadn't noticed it myself.

I am still wondering who this 3rd signing we're going to complete by the end of last weekend is though, in addition to the loans of Bertrand and Taider. :(

Definitely need to get a ****ing move on. We have one first team striker and only two centre backs plus not a lot out wide.

If Tadic and Pelle got injured our attack would be lower Championship/ upper league one.

I don't even think Yoshida is good enough to start so for me we only have one CB. We really need a new centre back before season starts, hopefully two by end of transfer window.

Not sure how people can judge the state of the team in such absolute terms without considering the academy graduates.

Gallagher - thrown in perhaps a little suddenly last season but did not look overawed. showed promise and was one of those who undertook a pre-pre-season to step their game up.

Reed - looked good last season when played, has rave reviews from our academy staff, apparently interesting the usual mob of 'bigger' sides already.

JWP - showed flashes last season, may well be more suited to Koeman's team, scored a beckham-esque free kick for the u21s over the summer and has big fans at St Georges.

Targett - impressed in pre-season, well hyped, never got the chances last term but will see more this time.

Isgrove - looked class in pre-season with his direct running and effective crossing. Seems determined to take his chance this time around and offers us something many said we lacked - pace and genuine width in the final third.

Rowe, Stephens, Sims, McQueen all on the fringes yet to come through (worth noting Rowe hit a hat trick in pre-season).

I may be a tad of an optimist but, the past would indicate, some of these players will step up and bring plenty to our squad and, hopefully in some cases, our starting eleven. Let's not kid ourselves, most other teams in the league would kill to be producing the consistent quality that we are. Many were hesitant about us relying on the likes of Shaw, Chambers et al but look at them now! Huge fees and being talked about as the future of English football.

(Feel free to correct my observations of players or call me a happy clapper, opinions on a forum ... whatever next!) :D

Not sure how people can judge the state of the team in such absolute terms without considering the academy graduates.

Gallagher - thrown in perhaps a little suddenly last season but did not look overawed. showed promise and was one of those who undertook a pre-pre-season to step their game up.

Reed - looked good last season when played, has rave reviews from our academy staff, apparently interesting the usual mob of 'bigger' sides already.

JWP - showed flashes last season, may well be more suited to Koeman's team, scored a beckham-esque free kick for the u21s over the summer and has big fans at St Georges.

Targett - impressed in pre-season, well hyped, never got the chances last term but will see more this time.

Isgrove - looked class in pre-season with his direct running and effective crossing. Seems determined to take his chance this time around and offers us something many said we lacked - pace and genuine width in the final third.

Rowe, Stephens, Sims, McQueen all on the fringes yet to come through (worth noting Rowe hit a hat trick in pre-season).

I may be a tad of an optimist but, the past would indicate, some of these players will step up and bring plenty to our squad and, hopefully in some cases, our starting eleven. Let's not kid ourselves, most other teams in the league would kill to be producing the consistent quality that we are. Many were hesitant about us relying on the likes of Shaw, Chambers et al but look at them now! Huge fees and being talked about as the future of English football.

(Feel free to correct my observations of players or call me a happy clapper, opinions on a forum ... whatever next!) :D

i was told today that Scott Sinclairs brother plays for us and is likely to be useful

He has been at the club for 11 years, made his debut last season in the League Cup and has played in preseason for the first team under Koeman.
thanks for that. I had wondered why he had not come up on my radar. The person I know told me that he supposed to be better than his brother. Seems not to be the case then