Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Now Lens would be a good acquisition - versatile and quick, he'd be able to play both on the wings and second fiddle to Pelle. Would be an exciting transfer!

I'd take him. Any idea how much Kiev paid for him? What their asking price might be?

PA Sport's Tom Allnutt, my emphasis:

"The Saints boss confirmed the club are trying to complete deals for Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo and Steaua Bucharest's Florin Gardos while adding he also wants another striker."

Sincerely hope these are true. I can see us playing a 3-5-2 if we get these two

There is a cameras off section of the press conference for the papers to ask questions and not have stories broadcast beforehand.

I know. It's just that he tweeted Koeman had "told him" those things so might have been before/after he went up there.

If this ends up being our summer business id be pretty happy overall. Especially if the striker ended up being Hernandez and Morgans replacement was blind or Jordy Clasie

Outs

Shaw

Lallana

Lambert

Chambers

Lovern

Schniderlin

Ins

Pelle

Tadic

Bertrand

Tadier

Foster

Rojos

Gardos

Striker

Morgan replacement

Is that an appology for acusing me of being skate? ;-)

Believe me, I'm not! As I said before, I ****ing hate that lot as much as anyone on here.

For anyone looking for further proof, I'll scan a pic of myself and James Beattie from Saints pre-season tour of Sweden in '04 and use it for my avatar.

That could be anyone ;).

We have been linked with Lens before haven't we ?

Anyone know how far that went,bids,enquiry etc etc ?

If we are after a decent Dutch winger Depay would be the one,however I think that is a bit too ambitious for us

Apparently Inters Schelotto is 'not prepared to listen to Southampton's offer' as he's 'not impressed with their project'.

According to his agent (Ezequiel Carpeggiani). Read in to that what you will.

OR, Southampton will not proceed with acquiring Schelotto, as they are not impressed by him. Simples

Is your boss a Saints fan and does he drop in on this forum?

Burnley fan. I keep trying to get him to ask all his mates up north to do some digging about Danny Ings but there seems to be no rumours at all. As an aside, on Ings, he follows a girl from my office on Instagram - I didn't believer her at first so I checked out his page. He follows 151 people, about 90% of which are young, attractive girls - Ings seems to be a player in more than one sense! :lol:

Beckenham saint this is your boss. Youre fired!

:lol:

I asked Adam Blackmore last night who he thinks would be first choice in goal this year (silly question, I know, considering we're about to pay £10m on Forster) and he thought Forster would be our starter. Shame, I think, because on his day Boruc can be one of the best in the league, if Forster is better than that, I will be thoroughly impressed!

Feck me Rich are you feeling OK, a chance to jump all over the club and its ambition and you spurn it?

Oh the pain. The cruel barbs of criticism

I just didn't think it worthwhile for the Club to Schel out a lotto on a player who is IMHO, below the standard we should be looking at

Now, where have I put my tablets

In fairness to Sidney FP 3rd, he is a Saints fan.

That he is 100%. I have followed his posts for many a year. I regret, due to a terrific thunderstorm. not to have been online last night. How, in heavens name, do people who've been members for years anhd supported the club even longer, have to justify themselves as being a Saints fan.

My admiration to you St Chalet for being a Mod with integrity and decency, and your attempts to uphold the policies and aims of this once great forum, which once was at the heart of the Saint Supporters community.

That he is 100%. I have followed his posts for many a year. I regret, due to a terrific thunderstorm. not to have been online last night. How, in heavens name, do people who've been members for years anhd supported the club even longer, have to justify themselves as being a Saints fan.

My admiration to you St Chalet for being a Mod with integrity and decency, and your attempts to uphold the policies and aims of this once great forum, which once was at the heart of the Saint Supporters community.

Thanks, mate. :-)

Oh the pain. The cruel barbs of criticism

I just didn't think it worthwhile for the Club to Schel out a lotto on a player who is IMHO, below the standard we should be looking at

Now, where have I put my tablets

Ah, the return of humour to these once proud shores..

£18m for VVD and Forster, I'll have me some of that please...

Koeman seems like a strong and honest character, the club are lucky to have someone like him fronting the situation.

He seems to be doing a far better job of being open and honest with the fans than RK or LR. I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job of negotiating / persuading players to come to Saints too. His, “First of all you have to know you signed a contract and you have to respect that" statement about MS is spot on. Typical Dutchman, very matter of fact and to the point.

He seems to be doing a far better job of being open and honest with the fans than RK or LR. I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job of negotiating / persuading players to come to Saints too. His, “First of all you have to know you signed a contract and you have to respect that" statement about MS is spot on. Typical Dutchman, very matter of fact and to the point.

I take it back Sid. I agree with this post.;)

I see what you did there,

I wonder if anybody will be paraded before the game today, that we don't know about?

The omens for parading players at the game have never been good since Augustino Delgado was paraded, accompanied by an incredible video showing his amazing skills. Sadly we were never to see them ba\r a goal against the Gunners.

I have previously posted that we don't need Reed and that Koeman could be in charge of players and recruitment.

I have previously posted that we don't need Reed and that Koeman could be in charge of players and recruitment.

We need some continuity, otherwise when a manager leaves he'll just buy all the players he bought at his last club to go with him and his coaching staff. Having someone stay around in the job longer gives them more expertise and ensures that the players aren't just following the manager - a good analogy would be the civil service and the party forming the government, this way there's knowledge all ready there when the new lot come in...

Edited by JxgrSaint
Spelling

We need some continuity, otherwise when a manager leaves he'll just buy all the players he bought at his last club to go with him and his coaching staff. Having someone stay around in the job longer gives them more expertise and ensures that the players aren't just following the manager - a good analogy would be the civil service and the part forming the government, this way there's knowledge all ready there when the new lot come in...

That is a valid argument, but we haven't had much continuity despite Les being here.

The omens for parading players at the game have never been good since Augustino Delgado was paraded, accompanied by an incredible video showing his amazing skills. Sadly we were never to see them ba\r a goal against the Gunners.

And I was one of the many cheering the video, wetting my lips in antipication of the new 'wonder' striker!

That is a valid argument, but we haven't had much continuity despite Les being here.

The thing is, we need conformity to the way the club is set up. Hence why we wont play 352 or change much from the 4231/433 that we actually play

This is how the team has been coached for the past few years and how the youth set up etc is progressed through. Its a proper model and protects against things like happened with QPR etc.

Im not saying reed is necessarily the right person, but considering our transformation since league 1 Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/49945-esclusiva-schelotto-nessun-rifiuto-al-southampton&usg=ALkJrhiG6nuZpK3P4q07USwaSNoZzgHySg

After those rumours that Schelotto turned us down, Alfredo Pedulla says this is not true and he would gladly join though there is only a small chance we will move forwards with the deal.