Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Twitter rumour that Forster fee agreed £10m:https://twitter.com/celticrumours/status/497788074152456192

The person tweeting seems to have some credibility on the Celtic boards.

DMcG ‏@DMcG1888 6m

“@celticrumours: Hearing £10m been agreed with Southampton.”if true, we should ask for Holy Goalie as part of deal. Better keeper IMHO

DMcG ‏@DMcG1888 6m

“@celticrumours: Hearing £10m been agreed with Southampton.”if true, we should ask for Holy Goalie as part of deal. Better keeper IMHO

Sounds like this board - "oh xyz is leaving, good he is crap (even though he isn't)"

DMcG ‏@DMcG1888 6m

It's the denial phase. Good player leaves club, fans decide he wasn't actually that good and they can do better.

Repeat over and over.

Reina to Madrid £2m. I'm all for us spending money but £10m on a 'keeper that we don't necessarily need. Really?

Reina to Bayern Munich. He is 32 years old later this month, he is 6 years older than Forster and will have significantly larger wages than Forster. That helps explain the price difference.

Why do you think we don't need another keeper? Were you confident whenever Davis or Gazzaniga were playing in 2012/13 or 2013/14? Would you be happy for them to play in 2014/15 if Boruc was out injured for two or three months?

Edited by Matthew Le God

If you look to the right theres a bar that scrolls up or down, I find it useful when skipping past certain posts containing a majority of ******** of which yours normally fall into the category of !

HTH

Love you too.

£10m is a lot for a keeper, but we need one more than most and we're not exactly short of money are we? Celtic know that, that's why they've pushed us up this far.

Reina to Bayern Munich. He is 32 years old later this month, he is 6 years older than Forster and will have significantly larger wages than Forster. That helps explain the price difference.

Why do you think we don't need another keeper? Were you confident whenever Davis or Gazzaniga were playing in 2012/13 or 2013/14? Would you be happy for them to play in 2014/14/15 if Boruc was out injured for two or three months?

Add in - would Reina actually want to come to us? Moreover, petty as it sounds, I would rather us not hand Liverpool any monies after the classless way they signed up our mob!

Why do you think we don't need another keeper? Were you confident whenever Davis or Gazzaniga were playing in 2012/13 or 2013/14? Would you be happy for them to play in 2014/14/15 if Boruc was out injured for two or three months?

Yes sorry my mistake. Bayern of course. I appreciate the comments made by yourself and s.o.g about age etc and I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison, merely demonstrating what can be paid for a very good 'keeper.

I think we most definitely do need another 'keeper but would be happy with a no.2 to Boruc. If Forster comes in and takes the no.1 spot (which he must do given the fee) then what happens if Artur gets the 'Morgan' and leaves? We'll be no better off indeed will be £10m worse off. I'd like to see us find a good potential young 'keeper - a sort of good Gazziniga if you will. Someone who won't throw a strop if he doesn't get the no.1 shirt for a year.

For me, it seems like £4.5m is a decent bid for Byram and that Leeds are playing hard ball. They know how much money Saints have in the bank. But that's just speculation.

Would be a fantastic signing should we acquire his services. Great immediate backup for Clyne and likely to progress over the coming seasons.

Reina to Madrid £2m. I'm all for us spending money but £10m on a 'keeper that we don't necessarily need. Really?

My feelings too. There are plenty of more pressing areas to spend the money on. Forster is good, but not the 5th most valuable players in the history of the game good.

So of a 38 game season they only really played around half or less then half ?

Thanks for doing the hard work to prove my point

Van Persie played 18 league matches for Man U, would you say he was an important player for them?

For £10m why aren't we looking at players like Cilessen, Mandanda, Adler, Zieler, Begovic etc.?

At a guess I'd say we need home grown players just now, haven't calculated where we are on that 8 out of 25 rule but we can't be great on it, especially when Morgan and JRod eventually leave. You don't need 8 but each one that you don't have reduces your possible senior squad by one.

Right now we have Davis,Davis,Clyne,Bertrand,Cork,Morgan,JRod and any of Isgrove or Stephens who's over 21 , Isgrove and Stephens aren't certain to make the 25 so that could leave us light.

This is the version I have heard.

:-(

Rubbish.

What is rubbish? K billy and I were discussing this at length last night. Rojo was our first choice target, and we knew that (Gardos) was close.

The only time we've 'bluffed' with a move was ward, and after consulting both of our sources, we do not believe this to be the case.

At a guess I'd say we need home grown players just now, haven't calculated where we are on that 8 out of 25 rule but we can't be great on it, especially when Morgan and JRod eventually leave. You don't need 8 but each one that you don't have reduces your possible senior squad by one.

Right now we have Davis,Davis,Clyne,Bertrand,Cork,Morgan,JRod and any of Isgrove or Stephens who's over 21 , Isgrove and Stephens aren't certain to make the 25 so that could leave us light.

Targett and Gallagher are sure to be in the 25. McQueen and McCarthy too maybe.

What is rubbish? K billy and I were discussing this at length last night. Rojo was our first choice target, and we knew that (Gardos) was close.

The only time we've 'bluffed' with a move was ward, and after consulting both of our sources, we do not believe this to be the case.

So we may want both?

No I meant that is rubbish news. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Am I the only one who is increasingly finding it difficult to understand what you are saying? I don't dispute that you have a 'source' but can you relay what your source tells you with updates that are understadable. Thanks

@ £10m Celtic certainly know how to extract a top fee (p-i-s-s) from us!!! :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for the "you lot moaned about loans and not spending money and now that the Club have you are still moaning". But £10m for a 'keeper? Where the hell did that come from. Bizarre.

@ £10m Celtic certainly know how to extract a top fee (p-i-s-s) from us!!! :rolleyes:

Moaners will always find reason to moan! Spending decent money to sign a very decent, young, english keeper. Not a loan, not really a gamble (coach knows him well), not derisory. Ok so maybe slightly high price but I am pretty sure we achieved that with Shaw et al

This is the version I have heard.

:-(

Am I the only one who is increasingly finding it difficult to understand what you are saying? I don't dispute that you have a 'source' but can you relay what your source tells you with updates that are understadable. Thanks

If you read the quotes and original quotes it follows, it is easier to 'understade' the context. HTH.

£11m Tadic, £8m Pelle, £10m Forster, potentially £15m approx Rojo, £5m Gardos, £5m approx Byram. All very good deals plus more to come. Overall squad will be so much stronger than recent seasons.

Koeman already said he wants a striker. Hernandez please.

Danny Kelly just said on Talksport that Saints have had a £10m bid for Forster accepted by Celtic.

It's on the SSN ticker. It's actually happening as far as we can see.

Yet another signing I didn't need permission from some forum "ITK" to hear about. Funny that. Thank you normal sports media.

You don't have to have 8 HG players. The rule is that you can't have more than 17 non-HG over 21 players. We are currently struggling with a total squad of 18, 11 non HG and 7 HG. Could still bring in 7 more non-HG players and only need 1 more HG to have a squad of 25. In fact we already have 8 but not counting Billy Sharp. Whereas our squad last season was only 21 or 22 IIRC. I really don't think the Home Grown rule will be much of an issue this season for Saints, unless we bring in another 7 foreigners.

£11m Tadic, £8m Pelle, £10m Forster, potentially £15m approx Rojo, £5m Gardos, £5m approx Byram. All very good deals plus more to come. Overall squad will be so much stronger than recent seasons.
Have been poorly managd in term of getting them through the door in time though.

Have been poorly managd in term of getting them through the door in time though.

I've never negotiated a player transfer, but I'm pretty sure it's not the easiest thing in the world to pull off to a timecale. Given the sheer volume of transfer activity and the deals we've done and are rumoured to be completing I'm impressed with how we've handled things.

I've never negotiated a player transfer, but I'm pretty sure it's not the easiest thing in the world to pull off to a timecale. Given the sheer volume of transfer activity and the deals we've done and are rumoured to be completing I'm impressed with how we've handled things.

Easy enough if anyone is buying a Saints player though.