Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Interesting link though it is only the Star. Fits our usual profile, young and good enough to have earned a couple of German caps. At £4M might be worth a punt?

German article here from this morning suggests he may instead be going on loan to Hamburg instead

http://www.mopo.de/hsv/wollscheid-will-kommen-noch-ein-dfb-ass-fuer-den-hsv-,5067038,28055254.html

If all goes to plan expect 2 possibly 3 signings confirmed tomorrow just in time to be parading to the fans to keep them happy on Saturday.

In sure most will be plesently pleased.

Exciting times

Nearly 10am now, you getting a bit nervous!

With Celtic being reinstated, do we need to look elsewhere for a Keeper and CB?

How about Ruddy from Norwich? Didnt our Keeper coach come from there?

Can't see it will change much. Forster may still want to come here. Celtic know they need to boost their squad and could do with the cash.

They go into a playoff round where they could face someone decent, so may well not be in the CL anyway.

Celtic back in the Champions League. Hopefully we will still get Forster!

I know its on the BBC website, but there is nothing on the UEFA website about it & Celtic still show in the UEFA League draw. Are we sure? Seems an awfully quick decision,and Legia confirmed they only sent their submission yesterday.

I know its on the BBC website, but there is nothing on the UEFA website about it & Celtic still show in the UEFA League draw. Are we sure? Seems an awfully quick decision,and Legia confirmed they only sent their submission yesterday.

Being reported by all the usual outlets and it wouldnt surprise me if uefa havn't updated their website yet.

By following their own rules that Legia should have been fully aware of?

By applying rules without consistency ...

Debrechen fined but not kicked out for a strikingly similar offence.

That and common sense. The tie was not affected by the substitution. Legia were clearly not aware of the mistake and nobody from UEFA (or Celtic) noticed it before the game.

By applying rules without consistency ...

Debrechen fined but not kicked out for a strikingly similar offence.

That and common sense. The tie was not affected by the substitution. Legia were clearly not aware of the mistake and nobody from UEFA (or Celtic) noticed it before the game.

Totally different offence according to UEFA's guidelines, as per my previous post:

"No they haven't, that's the problem. Fielding an INELIGIBLE player has previously brought a fine, fielding a suspended player has not. Here are the UEFA disciplinary guidelines, note the use of MAY and IS.

A match is declared forfeit if a player who has been suspended following a

disciplinary decision participates in the match.

A match is also declared forfeit in application of

Article 19(1) of these

regulations.

A match may be declared forfeit if a player who is

ineligible under the regulations

of the competition concerned participates in the match, as long as the opposing

club files a protest. "

Edited by farawaysaint

When clear precedent shows it should be financial punishment?

Do you think UEFA would have thrown out barca/madrid/untied if it happened to them?

Where is the "clear precedent"? All I've seen so far from people saying its wrong regarding other clubs getting financial punishments is for different offences to what Legia did. So they aren't precedents at all.

Does seem very odd seeing us other clubs have got away with similar errors.

I mean he was on for like 2 minutes, what difference does it make. If he was fielded for the whole game maybe but Celtic were out already by that point.

Where is the "clear precedent"? All I've seen so far from people saying its wrong regarding other clubs getting financial punishments is for different offences to what Legia did. So they aren't precedents at all.

Jump off the itchen mate.

You're boring.

No, but it is likely to put up the price, Celtic still have the potential of a 20mill windfall if they progress.

Drawn against Maribor, think they'd have about an even chance of getting through. They should have beaten Legia really, lack of preparation perhaps or just that their new manager hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Jump off the itchen mate.

You're boring.

What you don't realise is that MLG is sponsored by a group of Saintsweb posters to clean up the garbage left behind by random wobbly-throwers so that we don't have to. He's the SWF water carrier - somebody has to do it.