Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I've never negotiated a player transfer, but I'm pretty sure it's not the easiest thing in the world to pull off to a timecale. Given the sheer volume of transfer activity and the deals we've done and are rumoured to be completing I'm impressed with how we've handled things.
Are you really impressed? I don't think anyone has suggested they are the "easiest thing in the world", so I'm not sure what relevance that has. We're going into the Liverpool game with an under-prepared/resourced team, it's as simple as that (and I've happily given the board plenty of leeway and still will).

Easy enough if anyone is buying a Saints player though.

To my mind the fees our outgoing players have commanded have been excessive. If someone offers you a huge amount of money for a player who's not worth it then it's easy to complete the deal quickly.

Money spunk time!

I'm off to Glasgow next weekend, to drink with some Celtic (and Rangers) fans. Last time I saw them I was bigging-up the saints England contingent, so was expecting to get destroyed. This may help :)

Just tell them Saints wanted money instead of players, they will understand that as some Scots are nearly as money crazy as the Welsh. :D

Been told not to get hopes up about any more signings this week. VERY slim chance but negotiations are ongoing with a couple of clubs / players & not at the stage of being able to confirm anything. We're definitely in for 2 defenders but my source won't say more than that.

Looks like you were spot on mate. Maybe people will actually believe that you do have a contact on the board?

Koeman said at the presser he expected 1, 2 or 3 players to arrive. Forster seems to be one so presumably only one of Rojo or Gardos will sign if we're after a striker. Cant imagine we'll start with Pelle up front and only Mayuka or Gallagher as backup.

I think we need a winger most of all. A striker yes for competition, but in a 4-3-3 is ramirez playing wide? Is isgrove playing? Without Rodriguez we need someone.

Would take Nani if he'd come, he needs a move. Redmond maybe. Just feel we'll struggle for goals right now.

Tadic!!!!!

Koeman said at the presser he expected 1, 2 or 3 players to arrive. Forster seems to be one so presumably only one of Rojo or Gardos will sign if we're after a striker. Cant imagine we'll start with Pelle up front and only Mayuka or Gallagher as backup.

Agree. Ings? Hernandez? Other?

Worried pellè will be the next guly, this based on absolutely nothing just a feeling. Gallagher ideally should be loaned to a championship club, he isn't premiership standard IMO.

Hanandez would be the marquee singing.

Didn't mean that to sound flippant. I just think this signing has been under estimated. He can give us width, goals. assists.

Midfield of Wanyama holding, Davis and JWP/Taider as advanced CM with Tadic and one other playing off Pelle is pretty decent. Providing that the other AM is good quality. Rodriguez would be perfect but I doubt we'll see the best of him in a Saints shirt again.

PA Sport's Tom Allnutt, my emphasis:

"The Saints boss confirmed the club are trying to complete deals for Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo and Steaua Bucharest's Florin Gardos while adding he also wants another striker."

Did Koeman state that, or is that just the journalist's interpretation?

@LyallThomas: Meanwhile, #Southampton manager Koeman has suggested: "Maybe #Tottenham is pressing Schneiderlin, maybe the agent is - it's difficult" #THFC

@LyallThomas: Koeman on Schneiderlin: "If this is still the situation next week then Morgan has a big problem." #Tottenham #THFC #Southampton #SaintsFC

@LyallThomas: Koeman on Schneiderlin: “First of all you have to know you signed a contract and you have to respect that" #Tottenham #THFC #SaintsFC

@LyallThomas: Koeman: "We told Schneiderlin to take two days off and think about the situation because we will not change our minds." #Tottenham #SaintsFC

From the papers part of the press conference

He's just being a tool. Clubs had to pay a lot for our players and deals were far from quick. Lallana and Lovren dragged on months as did Shaw. Just exaggeration to knock the club.

Maybe we should have been in for these players at the same time. The way we wouldn't be crossing our fingers that we get our deals over the line just before the window closes.

Sidney has about as much ITK cred as a twitter account with 'itk', 'transfer' or 'agent' in the name.

Yep, that's right. Don't expect a signing before the weekend... Correct. Definitely in for 2 defenders... Correct. No ITK cred at all in either of those bits of information is there?

I don't understand the constant slagging of fellow fans just for sharing a bit of info. It's information, that's all. I'm not trying to empty people's bank accounts or commit some awful crime, just share some information that may be kf interest to others. What is there to be gained by making any of this up? Absolutely **** all..

Yep, that's right. Don't expect a signing before the weekend... Correct. Definitely in for 2 defenders... Correct. No ITK cred at all in either of those bits of information is there?

I don't understand the constant slagging of fellow fans just for sharing a bit of info. It's information, that's all. I'm not trying to empty people's bank accounts or commit some awful crime, just share some information that may be kf interest to others. What is there to be gained by making any of this up? Absolutely **** all..

I'm going to throw it out there and say that you are a dirty f*cking skate c*nt coming on here to stir the sh*t. I know it's sad but maybe your time would be better spent watching the spastic jerks of your club floundering in the puddle of pikey failure?

Please excuse my question mark webby.

Thank you!

For what it's worth, I detest those pikey skate bastards as much as everyone else on here so being accused of being a skate by a bunch of people who don't know me is pretty ****.

Soz, but got the wrong impression. Quite happy to admit I've jumped the gun.

Apparently Inters Schelotto is 'not prepared to listen to Southampton's offer' as he's 'not impressed with their project'.

According to his agent (Ezequiel Carpeggiani). Read in to that what you will.

Good he's ****