Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/49945-esclusiva-schelotto-nessun-rifiuto-al-southampton&usg=ALkJrhiG6nuZpK3P4q07USwaSNoZzgHySg

After those rumours that Schelotto turned us down, Alfredo Pedulla says this is not true and he would gladly join though there is only a small chance we will move forwards with the deal.

Looks like a back-up should all else fail. And that is exactly how it should be.

BBC Leeds confirm that Leeds United have rejected a bid from Southampton for Sam Byram.

Liking that. A player I prove suggested previously. I like the idea of dreaming off the best of the football league. It worked with our own players. Extremely highly rated, although I am not sure he had the best season last season.

That pre season result is what is needed in the long term.. if pellè had banged in a couple and we'd comfortably won the pressure wouldn't be on signing a striker.

As I said yesterday I fear pellè will be the next guly although hopefully I'll be proven wrong

That pre season result is what is needed in the long term.. if pellè had banged in a couple and we'd comfortably won the pressure wouldn't be on signing a striker.

As I said yesterday I fear pellè will be the next guly although hopefully I'll be proven wrong

If he scores as many as Guly did in his first full season then he will be a star.

So judging by the recent bid for Byram,are we still looking at potentially 5 more players in before the end of the window?

GK

RB

CB

RW

ST

He obviously feels that we need a back up to Clyne but i cannot see us spending so much on Byram after selling Chambers for £12m. CB is an essential position needing filled so would the winger and striker be seen as non-essential due to the budget? or possibly loans?

So judging by the recent bid for Byram,are we still looking at potentially 5 more players in before the end of the window?

GK

RB

CB

RW

ST

He obviously feels that we need a back up to Clyne but i cannot see us spending so much on Byram after selling Chambers for £12m. CB is an essential position needing filled so would the winger and striker be seen as non-essential due to the budget? or possibly loans?

Yup, I think those are the positions we'd need.

Arguably an MC if Morgan sods off.

I'd be amazed if we sign two out and out strikers. One and a winger possibly, one definitely. Two CBs is the statement that we mean business, one and wait till January for another suggests consolidation. Understandable. Signing Byram would be a good thing but not essential with Yoshida (and Cork for a game or two) easily good enough to cover.

Priority in terms of timing is CB and Striker, so the next few days. Forster appears done which is great then spend the last two weeks getting Byram, CB no.2 and a winger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be amazed if we sign two out and out strikers. One and a winger possibly, one definitely. Two CBs is the statement that we mean business, one and wait till January for another suggests consolidation. Understandable. Signing Byram would be a good thing but not essential with Yoshida (and Cork for a game or two) easily good enough to cover.

Priority in terms of timing is CB and Striker, so the next few days. Forster appears done which is great then spend the last two weeks getting Byram, CB no.2 and a winger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Worryingly little speculation about strikers we are targeting though. Really can't see us signing Hernandez, and doesn't seem to be any movement with Ings.

Would absolutely love a cheap punt on Afellay but the problem would probably be wages....classy player, seems to be fit again and has everything to prove about himself at the moment..

CB and striker obviously main areas now.....if we bid £14m+ for Hernandez that money could perhaps get us Kevin Volland instead...

Please get us two CB´s so we don't have one of Yoshida/Hooiveld coming in at first CB injury.....I could even be happy having Hooiveld as 4th choice and shift Yoshida for £2m to some dutch/french side or a league like that.....maybe even use as a bit of leverage for Sporting and Rojo...??

Any comments from Ronald after the game? We're still desperately short, need another 4/5. Said at the end of the season we'd need 8/9 signings and that's proving to be the case. Forster looks certain, as well as Gardos. Can see Les still ****ing about trying to sort deals on deadline day. Would be surprised if we're not bottom of the league by then.

Would absolutely love a cheap punt on Afellay but the problem would probably be wages....classy player, seems to be fit again and has everything to prove about himself at the moment..

CB and striker obviously main areas now.....if we bid £14m+ for Hernandez that money could perhaps get us Kevin Volland instead...

Please get us two CB´s so we don't have one of Yoshida/Hooiveld coming in at first CB injury.....I could even be happy having Hooiveld as 4th choice and shift Yoshida for £2m to some dutch/french side or a league like that.....maybe even use as a bit of leverage for Sporting and Rojo...??

Has Afellay not joined Olympiakos?

Not exactly the most reliable source, and I would think he's too similar to Pelle style-wise, but I bloody hope it's true!

@Transferinho: We have been informed that Southampton have made a bid for Swansea striker Wilfried Bony today.

No chance of this happening.

Arsenal in for Big Vic?? http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/09/arsenal-plot-second-southampton-raid-with-15m-bid-for-midfield-powerhouse/

Not sure I see this being true, but **** knows, the whole football keeps on surprising me. Wouldn't have thought that £15m would be enough given the amount we spent on him last season.

Would be surprised if arsenal signed a midfielder who can't really pass, but who know

Arsenal in for Big Vic?? http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/09/arsenal-plot-second-southampton-raid-with-15m-bid-for-midfield-powerhouse/

Not sure I see this being true, but **** knows, the whole football keeps on surprising me. Wouldn't have thought that £15m would be enough given the amount we spent on him last season.

They'd be buying the wrong midfielder, to be honest. He's not an Arsenal player, their fans would simply not take to him.

For the critics, Yoshida had a pretty good game against a decent team.

Really? Do you genuinely believe he played well? I know football is about opinions but I actually turned to my mate during the game when we both thought he was having a shocker and I said (chuckling away) I bet some people will defend him on saints web and say he had a decent game. I respect your opinion but I thought he was terrible and I honestly would love to understand what elements of his game he performed well? If we had yoshida playing throughout the whole season we would be relegated IMO no question about it....but on the point of transfer rumours, we definitely need 2 x cb to avoid this being remotely possible

Edited by Mouldy Coat

They'd be buying the wrong midfielder, to be honest. He's not an Arsenal player, their fans would simply not take to him.

I'm not saying I'm right or your wrong, but if you asked me what team he would be best associated with - I'd say arsenal

Not for his silky football skills obviously but Wenger starts from a premise of not conceding .....the sexy football takes place at the other end of the pitch

Edited by Gemmel

That is a valid argument, but we haven't had much continuity despite Les being here.

We have had a tremendous amount of continuity. Prior to this past summer, in the past five years we have only sold one player we didn't want to sell, Oxlade-Chamberlin. I doubt any premier league team could say that. Now we have sold, at most, 5 more players we didn't want to sell so that is 6 in five years. Not that bad. Plus, I think that we may actually have wanted to sell Luke Shaw, even though many of us would disagree with that decision.

Interesting - suggests that we're after another creative, Lallana-type player. That is, in addition to Tadic. Possibly a more conventional winger?

So we want a CB, RB, AM/Winger and a CF. Pretty much what people have been saying they want to see us sign.

Presumeably Sharp is not going to be with Saints come September. so the signing of Forster gets us back to within the Premier League Squad rules of 8 Over 21 Home Grown Players. (K. Davis, Clyne, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Jay Rod, Cork, Bertrand, Forster)

the Home Grown rule is also part of the reason Schneiderlin, Jay Rod and Cork can't go anywhere (without British replacements).

Presumeably Sharp is not going to be with Saints come September. so the signing of Forster gets us back to within the Premier League Squad rules of 8 Over 21 Home Grown Players. (K. Davis, Clyne, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Jay Rod, Cork, Bertrand, Forster)

the Home Grown rule is also part of the reason Schneiderlin, Jay Rod and Cork can't go anywhere (without British replacements).

How close would Fonte be to be regarded as one now, he´s been in the country since summer 07...?

Or do they have to been here from u21 or younger to be one of those....?