Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

will eat my own feet if we do

redmond seems as exciting as it got with potential wingers

To be honest, having seen your level of optimism shining through across the board, I'm not surprised that you might find Townsend an exciting prospect.

There are so many wingers that may not be as quick, or as willing to run the flanks as mindlessly but pop up with more assists and goals and have more in the locker than him that I would love to see us go in for. Players like Bakkali or Depay from PSV or Insigne from Napoli who are all of a similar age and would be much more an exciting prospect than Townsend. Like I said, there is a reason that he has been sent out on loan 9 times.

I was very impressed by Redmond against us when Norwich beat us away last season. Clearly not consistent enough for them last season though. Don't see Townsend as any better personally and feel we are more likely to get Redmond & may cost less in wages and fees. So hoping it happens.

Rather guarded regarding Gardos. He's got very big shoes to fill in terms of hole in defence Lovren has left.

Townsend was sensational for England, and showed how dangerous he can be when played in the correct role. Would wet myself if we got him.

Andros Townsend is garbage. He embodies a lot of what is wrong with English football and Joe Blogs' opinion of what makes a good footballer.

He runs fast and can beat a man on the wing, but not much else. He is a poor mans Aaron Lennon who himself is not great.

He can "put a shift in", which translates as 'runs fast and looks to be doing a lot while simultaneously contributing nothing to the side'. Jack Wilshere is the same, without the pace. But they're young English players so everyone goes mad about them.

This is from a Lazio fan (lifted from another forum), regarding our potential move for Lulic.

"He's very good. Would be wasted at Saints, was linked to Juve. He's a winger or wingback and would be about £12million."

He also said: "You'd get about 6-9 goals a season from him."

We have made an enquiry for Shane Long.

Good, solid player. But he won't leave Hull now, he's only been there 6 months I think??? European football to look forward to as well, very much doubt we'd be able to get him here for the price we'd be willing to pay.

Andros Townsend is garbage. He embodies a lot of what is wrong with English football and Joe Blogs' opinion of what makes a good footballer.

He runs fast and can beat a man on the wing, but not much else. He is a poor mans Aaron Lennon who himself is not great.

He can "put a shift in", which translates as 'runs fast and looks to be doing a lot while simultaneously contributing nothing to the side'. Jack Wilshere is the same, without the pace. But they're young English players so everyone goes mad about them.

I could not have summarised it better myself, my exact thoughts on the stereotypical young English footballer. We've had our season of indulgence with young English players, they betrayed us just as easily as the foreign ones do. The novelty of being applauded for having Englishman has worn off for me, give me a foreigner with twice the capability for half the price.

This is a bit random, thread from an ITK Sunderland fan, posted y/day.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/shane-long.952657/

Always rated this lad. Anyhow ? Brucie turned him down 3 times when he was sunderland manager - twice in that period just after Bent was sold.

Was very surprised when Hull signed him last january but i suppose it helped keep them up.

Anyhow Bruce has agreed to sell him to southampton after just 7 months. £10m fee agreed and its been left to long to make the decision.

Still like long but i suspect the time has passed to see him at safc

All will be forgiven with Brett if we sign Long.

Think he'd be a poor signing -a low scoring workhorse- someone else who, like Pelle, is only as good service as the service he gets. If we're playing in this part of the market, rather we put in a cheeky bid for Berahino.

Edited by shurlock

Whenever I saw Long against us I have been reasonably impressed, especially in the air. He doesn't seem to be especially tall, but he always seemed to beat our CB's to headers. He offered good movement and was a tidy enough with the ball.

shane long.....bloody hell. All for being realistic but that feels like scraping the barrel. Not exactly a prolific goalscorer or one to get excited about.

Here's his stats: goalscorer he really is not:

2005–2011 Reading 174 (44)

2011–2014 West Bromwich Albion 81 (19)

2014– Hull City 15 (4)

Edited by washsaint

Townsend probably, weren't we after him (and harry kane) in Jan?

Yup, well done. Naturally we are weakened given Spurs pursuit of JayRod and Schneiderlin. Either we pay up and it funds their move, or they insist on doing a player + cash deal. Either way Spurs want rid so don't be surprised to see this late on. Either us or West Ham.

I wouldn't mind him here for £3-4m but £10m you're having a laugh...

I'd much rather pay Remy exorbitant wages and get him for £8.5m

That £8.5m fee is a red hearing though, that is only a release clause for teams who are in the CL. For any other club, there's a 16-18m release fee I believe.