Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

No, it's about being able to defend your flank and stop the crosses. Attacking/assists and goals are bonuses.

Shaw defended very well and was for the first half of the season, a key cog in the best defence in European football. I hate the constant belittling of players once they've left. Bertrand isn't as good as shaw, will never be as good as shaw..so there's no point really debating that.

Which is an odd thing to say really as most of the goals against came from that side of the pitch with Shaw caught well forward and miles out of position.

Making an all-time judgement based on one season of Shaw-hype and Bertrand not really being given a chance is very unwise. The truth is such simplistic A/B comparisons are no more than you opinion and stamping your feet and shouting about it doesn't change anything.

Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving the club, insists manager Ronald Koeman, despite the midfielder handing in a transfer request.

The 20-year-old Frenchman has been linked with a move to join up with former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham, with Spurs reported to be ready to pay £20million.

Good to see that Sky Sports remain in control of all the facts ahead of publishing their articles online.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9402523/transfer-news-morgan-schneiderlin-stays-at-southampton-says-boss-ronald-koeman

Wait and see what happens when Spurs 23 million £ bid comes in, they've got a bid (apparently) of roughly the same amount for Lamela.

One in one out.

Lamela surely will not go for that much after the miserable season since joining Spurs. If he does then we should get £15m for Ossie no trouble

Which is an odd thing to say really as most of the goals against came from that side of the pitch with Shaw caught well forward and miles out of position.

Making an all-time judgement based on one season of Shaw-hype and Bertrand not really being given a chance is very unwise. The truth is such simplistic A/B comparisons are no more than you opinion and stamping your feet and shouting about it doesn't change anything.

Agreed. For all his talent and potential, defensively Shaw is some way from the ideal, even if going forward he was excellent

Agreed. For all his talent and potential, defensively Shaw is some way from the ideal, even if going forward he was excellent

Rewriting of history there. Shaw's best attribute by a mile was his defensive work. His poor crossing was his biggest weakness, this is why I thought comparisons with Bale were miles off. No single winger got the better of him last season, never showed a shred of nerves, he won every 50/50 in the air and classily dispossessed players with far more experience than him on a weekly basis. An absolute beast of a full back defensively with huge potential going forward.

This myth about him being poor positionally has been a complete invention since he left, don't know a single ST holder that thought that of him.

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman reiterates Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving the club and has warned the midfielder of his conduct following his midweek outburst on Twitter.

Good, that is a "stop fecking about or I'll fine you" type message - tbf, it's exactly what these gits need

Rewriting of history there. Shaw's best attribute by a mile was his defensive work. His poor crossing was his biggest weakness, this is why I thought comparisons with Bale were miles off. No single winger got the better of him last season, never showed a shred of nerves, he won every 50/50 in the air and classily dispossessed players with far more experience than him on a weekly basis. An absolute beast of a full back defensively with huge potential going forward.

This myth about him being poor positionally has been a complete invention since he left, don't know a single ST holder that thought that of him.

Positionally he made the odd error. Stoke at home springs to mind. 99% of the time his electric pace Baled him out (pun intended) and as a result, defensively he was / is superb.

He did have his moments after first coming into the side. Away at the Brittania in Christmas 2012 he looked shakey, constantly looking over his shoulder and being caught out once or twice.

He did learn quickly though,

Er... hello?

I have said this before more than once. He (Shaw) has great promise but a lot to learn.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Can people going off topic please use names not just posting HE, THEY etc..

I came on here to read about Morgan but it's moved way off topic and there's more on Shaw over the past couple of days. Often, it's impossible to know who people are talking about or referring to.

As I said on another thread

Think he is naturally stocky built but re the 2nd point was I the only one asking myself so where's Shaw?" at many of the goals we conceded last season, only to see him on the replay reaching our 18 yard line as the ball went in.

Glad to see I'm wasn't the only one then, even though it may be just the two of us.

Can people going off topic please use names not just posting HE, THEY etc..

I came on here to read about Morgan but it's moved way off topic and there's more on Shaw over the past couple of days. Often, it's impossible to know who people are talking about or referring to.

Fair point, fairly taken.

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

Why did they blooming sell him then! Would of been far easier to block a 19 year old going with 22 PL appearances than a loyal servant that has been here 6 years and was promised a move! hmmm

Board really are pretty crap at employee relationship management aren't they

agreed. Absolute beast of a defender. A good example of that was when he had a very good Janujaz in his pocket on the last day of the season. On that day Janujaz looked like he'd take a lessor left back to pieces. On most occasions the wingers seemed to be beaten before they began, often passing square rather than to try and fail to take him on.

I think the only criticism you could level at the lad was that on the odd occasion he was a tad slow/casual to get back into position, but that was only ever after a longish run down the line. And with the formation and tactics as they were, it was the responsibility of the likes of Morgan, Cork and Wanyama to fill in anyway.

Watch us create **** all next season without his barnstorming runs, but still concede goals. As I have said all along, losing Shaw will be massive at both ends of the pitch. Only now it will be less obvious because we have lost talent all over the place.

I also bet that he scores half a dozen goals this season. His shooting looks good, all be it without any joy with us, but that was coming and once he gets one I think he'll score goals regularly. sadly.

Why did they blooming sell him then! Would of been far easier to block a 19 year old going with 22 PL appearances than a loyal servant that has been here 6 years and was promised a move! hmmm

Board really are pretty crap at employee relationship management aren't they

2 theories have been proposed.

1) they couldn't stop him because of some contractual arrangement.

2) Koeman thought it good business and wanted it to happen.

Which of these is nearer the truth who knows, maybe neither and there's another reason.

Whatever it may be the Morgan affair is not over..

agreed. Absolute beast of a defender. A good example of that was when he had a very good Janujaz in his pocket on the last day of the season. On that day Janujaz looked like he'd take a lessor left back to pieces. On most occasions the wingers seemed to be beaten before they began, often passing square rather than to try and fail to take him on.

I think the only criticism you could level at the lad was that on the odd occasion he was a tad slow/casual to get back into position, but that was only ever after a longish run down the line. And with the formation and tactics as they were, it was the responsibility of the likes of Morgan, Cork and Wanyama to fill in anyway.

Watch us create **** all next season without his barnstorming runs, but still concede goals. As I have said all along, losing Shaw will be massive at both ends of the pitch. Only now it will be less obvious because we have lost talent all over the place.

I also bet that he scores half a dozen goals this season. His shooting looks good, all be it without any joy with us, but that was coming and once he gets one I think he'll score goals regularly. sadly.

I think Shaw was the dogs danglies as a defender but I still think his attacking runs lacked a final ball. Anyone have any idea how many assists Shaw got last season?

Koeman now stating Morgan going no-where. There is a slim glimmer of hope he will stay after all???

I don't trust a word Krueger says.

It does make you laugh though

SFC don't even offer a whimper as FIVE 1st Team players depart, but when news of Fans reactions reach Ralph in Ice Hockey land, he issues a "Get Tough" re Schneiderlin, saying he won't be sold ( this week )

Now, if SFC had done that BEFORE the Five went, I could understand it, but what Kreuger has ensured now is that we have a very unhappy bunny being refused a move ( this week )

Well done for creating Harmony Ralph

SFC don't even offer a whimper as FIVE 1st Team players depart, but when news of Fans reactions reach Ralph in Ice Hockey land, he issues a "Get Tough" re Schneiderlin, saying he won't be sold ( this week )

Now, if SFC had done that BEFORE the Five went, I could understand it, but what Kreuger has ensured now is that we have a very unhappy bunny being refused a move ( this week )

I didn't think anything made you laugh you sad miserable pr1ck.

I think Shaw was the dogs danglies as a defender but I still think his attacking runs lacked a final ball. Anyone have any idea how many assists Shaw got last season?

This

However its clear he will get there in the attacking sense, more shots on goal and more dribbles then any other PL lb last year. He isnt the complete package yet but he certainly will be. Still, we didnt have much of a chance keeping him. Unlike the other 3 he is/will be world class

This

However its clear he will get there in the attacking sense, more shots on goal and more dribbles then any other PL lb last year. He isnt the complete package yet but he certainly will be. Still, we didnt have much of a chance keeping him. Unlike the other 3 he is/will be world class

Indeed. His fee was fully justified unlike some of the others.

Completely concur.

If they did what you suggest, you would create a first team with 6 unhappy bunnies. Well done Richmond , great harmony.