Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

For what it's worth, Sky have been reporting that all day - when it's actually false. Club, and people near to Morgan have denied it.

But Sky Sources win, I guess.

Who are Sky Sources?

They're normally pretty solid, except for this one.

http://mirr.im/XgNqiU

Won't hand in a transfer request because if potential backlash from fans yet might refuse to train ?

Yeah that would upset any supporters would it

Morgan Schneiderlin may have to go on strike to secure his dream move from Southampton to Tottenham.

Dream f ucking move to Spurs...really? I mean Man U, Barca even Arsenal fair enough but Spurs.........

The national media are all bull sh*te. Their journos are so fu cking lazy and print any crap. Morgan trained today and it's been reported he's out to dinner with other players. No transfer request and no protests, anger

http://talksport.com/football/schneiderlin-has-not-handed-transfer-request-southampton-140730104699

This, I would like to believe; it would help confirm to me that the Argentinian Cowboy has been behind the destabilisation of Saints this summer as many have suspected. Seriously would Morgan really move to anywhere other than a CL team especially as that sees to be a minimum requirement to be considered for the French national team? I imagine he has been asked to stay until January then he can move to Arsenal.

They probably did talk to him.

Posters have stated on this board over and over again for the last few weeks that the club should just say "no" to a player that wants to move - they've just done that and this is the reaction they get - bit of a no win situation.

It's too late to start saying 'no' now! This is only a problem if you believe the board care about who goes and who stays. Top players replaced by loans and interest in crap players from Norwich...Go figure which it might be.

It's too late to start saying 'no' now! This is only a problem if you believe the board care about who goes and who stays. Top players replaced by loans and interest in crap players from Norwich...Go figure which it might be.

Oh right, so you're saying that they should have let Morgan go and not bothered with Bertrand?

For what it's worth, Sky have been reporting that all day - when it's actually false. Club, and people near to Morgan have denied it.

But Sky Sources win, I guess.

Who are Sky Sources?

Regardless Clarkey, I can't see him staying. I guess by finally being hard nosed we may have made a little more money on the deal by forcing him to put in a transfer request.

Also, if I was Jay Rod I'd be a little deterred to do something similar (although refusing to sign a 5 year contract in my eyes is just as much of a snub to the club as Spider-mans tweet).

Showing steel now is a little late though.

Eelpie put up a very good thread a couple of weeks ago that was mirrored by a very good article in the Guardian yesterday on Saints plight. Simply, the most important rule in football is not to let a player (or manager for that matter) go until you have a replacement. We failed to show the steel early enough and failed to do the basics. In my role I have always removed those who fail to do the basics.

Actually, when it say 'we' I mean the Board. We the fans on this message board were generally calling for robustness at the start of this debacle as the great Rickie Lambert left. Liverpool showed steel and guile. We were amateurish. I hope they've learnt lessons - if I was the owner (& was staying around) I'd be looking for a replacement for Krueger and either an experienced minder for Reed or replacement. I'd be looking first at the man running Liverpool's behind the scenes set up. Now that would be a coup of a transfer - and we have the money to tempt anyone.

Edited by SaintRobbie

Pay no mind to the Popular London Media who are Spurs Luvvies to a great degree - I read the Metro and the Standard every morning and evening on the train and one would think Spurs are up there with Bayern Munich...

Dream Move - My Arse!!

Also orthographically incorrect GLACES (les being used only for plural words)

or the vernacular for lesbian.

Anyway , cocking brilliant as always Mr Bear, genuine class.

Was trying to find a scanned picture of the 'wheelchair wonder' from the old shoot/roy of the rovers magazine to do a JRod bit. Can't find it anywhere, the everyday story of a paraplegic who gets out of his chair every saturday to play top division football and whos shots have magical powers when shot with his crippled foot - I kid you not

French obviously not your strong point!! :)

I think, if I can translate from some form of pidgin French, "I am called an ice cream please". Maybe it is the patois they use in Alsace!! :lol:

I seem to remember Morgan saying in an interview that he learnt English by watching TV and Only Fools and Horses was one of his favourites .......

So Mange Toute Bearsy, Mange Toute.

:lol:Such a classic piece of Bearsy Genius' date=' I feel compelled to use one of my 3 posts just to salute you sir! take a bow bearsy boy! :toppa:[/quote']

:D Thanks FC & other guise! Nice to see bros on here appreciate fine art!

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11378558.Schneiderlin_to_sit_out_friendly_against_Brighton/?ref=mac

Saints midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton

10:33am Thursday 31st July 2014 in Saints News

Daily Echo: Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is unlikely to be involved in Saints’ trip to Brighton tonight – but only because of fitness reasons.

Saints visit the Amex Stadium this evening for their penultimate friendly of the summer, with French star Schneiderlin back among the squad after returning to Southampton this week.

The 24-year-old is unhappy after being informed that he will not be allowed to leave St Mary’s, like Rickie Lambert, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers before him.

Schneiderlin issued a message via Twitter on Tuesday night, saying the “amazing journey”

he had been on with Saints in the last six years had been “destroyed”.

That followed a meeting that is understood to have taken place with the club’s board, in which he was informed he would not be sold.

Chairman Ralph Krueger also told the Daily Echo that neither Schneiderlin nor fellow Tottenham target Jay Rodriguez would be allowed to depart.

Schneiderlin reported to the club’s training ground as normal yesterday morning, where he spoke with Koeman.

It was alleged in some sections of the media that he had also handed in a transfer request, although sources at St Mary’s and close to Schneiderlin indicated that was not true.

As far as the club is concerned, Schneiderlin, left, remains available to be used as manager Ronald Koeman sees fit, after being informed he is an integral part of the Dutchman’s plans for the campaign.

However, having only just started his preseason preparations, after a late return date due to his involvement with the France squad that reached the quarter- finals of the World Cup, Schneiderlin is unlikely to be ready for action this evening.

Saints boss Koeman will make a final decision today on whether he will travel, though.

Tonight’s fixture promises to be Saints’ toughest test of preseason so far, against a Brighton side that reached the Championship playoffs last term.

Saints have already played games against Dutch amateurs EHC Hoensbroek, Belgian minnows Sporting Hasselt, League One outfit Swindon Town and Championship team Bournemouth – winning all four games without conceding a goal.

After tonight’s match, the only game left on the schedule before the Premier League kicks-off is a meeting with German club Bayer Leverkusen at St Mary’s on Saturday, August 9.

So then according to The Times (and nothing more in this instance)

Tottenham will make an improved bid of around 22 million soon for Morgan alone. If or when that happens we shall see what we shall see.

Still don't see him being part of the Saints set up on 2nd September myself. Of course he'll take a lot of flak, perhaps he doesn't mind though.

Less than 48 hours after RK said he wouldn't be leaving!

More incompetence from the bungling board :hunt:

you knob, the article is referencing a picture of MS on the left in the paper DE, not that MS has left - check where the punctuation is!

Thanks for the trolling and taking what was written by the Echo and removing the commas. The Echo's article had commas either side of "LEFT" and were referring to the photo in the original article.

" As far as the club is concerned, Schneiderlin, left, remains available to be used as manager Ronald Koeman sees fit, after being informed he is an integral part of the Dutchman’s plans for the campaign."

Very interesting stat:

Lallana was dispossessed more times than any other player in the Premier League last season (93) and only one player gave away the ball due to a loose touch more often (91)

Anyone would think dribbling past people was a risky business which often resulted in possession turnovers and that he did it a lot, or something - does it also show how many times his quick feet and control enabled us to retain possession from low quality balls in tight situations in the attacking third?

Very interesting stat:

Lallana was dispossessed more times than any other player in the Premier League last season (93) and only one player gave away the ball due to a loose touch more often (91)

That is interesting, although he was clearly given a licence to try things and so was at quite high risk of losing the ball.

Thanks for the trolling and taking what was written by the Echo and removing the commas. The Echo's article had commas either side of "LEFT" and were referring to the photo in the original article.

" As far as the club is concerned, Schneiderlin, left, remains available to be used as manager Ronald Koeman sees fit, after being informed he is an integral part of the Dutchman’s plans for the campaign."

Christ you've got an odd perspective of what constitutes trolling.

Next time should I write something like this?...

***PLEASE NOTE, I AM AWARE OF THE TRUE MEANING OF WHAT I AM QUOTING. THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IS DELIBERATE MISUNDERSTANDING AND MEANT ONLY IN JEST. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY***

***PLEASE NOTE, I AM AWARE OF THE TRUE MEANING OF WHAT I AM QUOTING. THE PRECEDING SENTENCE IS DELIBERATE MISUNDERSTANDING AND MEANT ONLY IN JEST. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY***