Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

How do we intend to get to Europe the hard way, if they've been given the green light to reinvest £91m by the way? That would suggest we're going to buy our way into Europe, which would be the easy way.

Excuse me whilst I invalidate his waffle.

still it does kind of invalidate the "we'll never get into europe via the PL " brigade's theory. Also we'll never get there because of FFP etc.

Club's aim is still europe...if only I could believe it.

Funny that, didn't Morgan sign a similar contract quite recently?

How much do you want to bet that Barkley stays at Everton for the whole of that contract?

He is staying is the point. You can point to contracts as much as you like but if the clubs board only develop a backbone when most of the horse has bolted , you are lost. I do not expect Barclay will stay,by the way

Will be interesting to see if he is still there this time next year ;-)

Rather silly comment because if Barkley was likely to leave in 12 months he wouldn't have signed a new contract with Everton. Remarks like this, intended to suggest that our board couldn't have stopped the player exodus are frankly puerile.

I think the board rules are that we can't keep unhappy players, there's no point. But if we sell them it's disgusting and the club is a shambles.

Rule 2 is we want statements from the club as to what is going on. But when we get statements no one believes what is said and the board can't be trusted.

We need to say 'no' but when we say 'no' If the player creates in any way then we are run by a bunch of idiots who have only said no so they don't look bad when the player Is sold.

And the final rule is non of this would have happened of cortese was here, but if it did it's be great business and part of some incredible strategy.

You always talk sense Turkish and the above is right, but I think the reasons behind why so many players are unhappy and why the Board appear to be in such a mess needs analysis. The way the departure of Cortese was handled, the way Poch was allowed to hawk his services around and disrupt the players and weak management during the first six months of this year could have been avoided, or at least managed a whole lot better. I'm not saying that because of the benfit of hindsight, but genuinely they have lurched from reacting from one situation to another instead of putting in place any real drive since Cortese's departure, to push the club on further. IMHO it's fair to criticise the Board for this.

still it does kind of invalidate the "we'll never get into europe via the PL " brigade's theory. Also we'll never get there because of FFP etc.

Club's aim is still europe...if only I could believe it.

I would believe it, but we've sold Lallana, Lovren, Chamers, Lambert, Shaw, Morgan and Rodriguez are kicking up a fuss and want to go. Whilst we are being linked with 35 year old squad Italian defenders and Scott Sinclair.

Excuse me whilst I plan my away days in Croatia.

Koeman needs to get Morgan in, sit him down, tell him how it is and get on with life

how it is? I'll tell you how it is, he'll lose his place in the French side because he'll be playing with a bunch of second raters in a side struggling towards the foot of the table, taking thumpings from mediocre clubs week in week out, that's how it will be.

If you are told you can leave the club and see all your buddies get their move as well' date=' and then turn up to a meeting to discuss what teams you can talk to only to find that the idiots running the club discovered that fans aren't happy with all the best players being sold and so turn around and say you can't leave, how are you supposed to react? Just accept it? I'm surprised he's been this restrained. I don't blame him, I blame the absolute clowns running this football club right now.[/quote'] YEs, he should just accept it. It has been poorly managed, but let's not pretend he's been the victim of some sort of highly disgraceful treatment and years of suffering.

Rather silly comment because if Barkley was likely to leave in 12 months he wouldn't have signed a new contract with Everton. Remarks like this, intended to suggest that our board couldn't have stopped the player exodus are frankly puerile.

Lol. Like Lovren, Morgan and Lallana you mean?

If you are told you can leave the club and see all your buddies get their move as well' date=' and then turn up to a meeting to discuss what teams you can talk to only to find that the idiots running the club discovered that fans aren't happy with all the best players being sold and so turn around and say you can't leave, how are you supposed to react? Just accept it? I'm surprised he's been this restrained. I don't blame him, I blame the absolute clowns running this football club right now.[/quote']

Of course you accept it. You signed the contract and took the money, knuckle down, get on with your business, work hard and try and get a better deal next time. He has reached his present position and standard because he has been looked after by Southampton Football Club and can't expect to run off to some other employer mid-contract. If he had a better offer when he accepted the one he's working under now then the time to take it was then, not now. Just because the club that employs him has decided that it can sell other players doesn't mean that it has to sell him.

Oh, and keep away from social media, it'll only cause him a heap of problems.

Im glad the board are refusing to sell Morgan and Rodriguez. That said I can see why he'd be ****ed off after seeing Chambers and Lovren walk out the door after less than a season when he'd earned his big money move after contributing to Saints through thick and thin for years.

It's unfortunate for Morgan as he is one who you might usually class as 'deserving his move', but the fact is that as a football club we can't afford to let him go. Too many others have got out the door first and now he's left holding the baby, but that's the situation and he'll have to get on with it. The board have undoubtedly managed this summer particularly badly, but Ralph's interview with Blackmore yesterday gave me some hope they have at least some notion of what they want to do from this point forward, and I support our stance of 'the sale ends here.'

how it is? I'll tell you how it is, he'll lose his place in the French side because he'll be playing with a bunch of second raters in a side struggling towards the foot of the table, taking thumpings from mediocre clubs week in week out, that's how it will be.

This is right. Deschamps, the France Manager commented when bringing Schneiderlin into the squad that he doesn't play for one of the prominent teams. Playing for a relegation candidate side would be even worse.

If Morgan was not properly consulted before Rambling Ralph spoke on Sky, it is likely that bridges are irretrievably incinerated

Of course you accept it. You signed the contract and took the money, knuckle down, get on with your business, work hard and try and get a better deal next time. He has reached his present position and standard because he has been looked after by Southampton Football Club and can't expect to run off to some other employer mid-contract. If he had a better offer when he accepted the one he's working under now then the time to take it was then, not now. Just because the club that employs him has decided that it can sell other players doesn't mean that it has to sell him.

You sign a long term contract to play in a team you believe in, that you believe are progressing which will enable you in turn to progress. A team with top players and adding more. When you find out that half of that has been sold or given away and that you don't have the same manager, then things have changed and in your eyes the contract is not worth the paper it's written on. Especially after the club had verbally confirmed a gate pass to leave.

yep, but we were told the players are off at a drop of a hat and the clubs can do nothing.

If the club had said no when Lovren played up we would all be able to focus on football. We have some crucial games early in the season that may be important come the end. Not good preparation

Disagree. All of the players (save for Lambert) went for over inflated fees, or rather fees that it would be silly to turn down. You could argue that Lovren should have been kept as he was not over valued.. They may be good players, but you have to think where the money is going to come from, and profits on player sales has eclipsed TV rights. Problem with football is that you can let your heart take over and not use your head. Supporters rarely use their head, the board has to.

Now it depends on what happens with the money raised. I know what we were told yesterday, that it would go for player purchases & wages so I guess only time will tell.

As I said earlier, Morgan can't be sold yet. The rebuilding of the squad would be that much harder. He can choose what course of action he wants to take, but players and agents have forgotten where the real power lies and that is in the contract. If he wants to throw his toys out of the pram, sulk, be petulant and refuse to play but be held to his contract, then that is his choice. It would be very sad, but I look at it as the rebuilding of the squad vs Morgan Schneiderlin and I know which is more important. No one player is bigger than the club and it is about time clubs took a stand and held players to their contracts just as players hold clubs to their contracts when it suits them.

YEs, he should just accept it. It has been poorly managed, but let's not pretend he's been the victim of some sort of highly disgraceful treatment and years of suffering.

No-one is saying he is. But if the Board promised him something and then changed their mind, why should he just accept it. I'd hand in a transfer request straight away. How can he trust the Board with his career now?

This is about the Board saying he could leave and then changing their mind. I don't think you just accept that and get on with it. I can't see how anyone would personally. I would expect him to be professional in training and suchlike but in terms of attitude and contentment I would expect him to be annoyed and seek to force a move away. I don't blame him.

He didn't have a place in the squad last season despite us playing good football. Did he not do enough over the World Cup campaign to impress?

No-one is saying he is. But if the Board promised him something and then changed their mind, why should he just accept it. I'd hand in a transfer request straight away. How can he trust the Board with his career now?

Do we know if he has been promised anything?

This is right. Deschamps, the France Manager commented when bringing Schneiderlin into the squad that he doesn't play for one of the prominent teams. Playing for a relegation candidate side would be even worse.

If Morgan was not properly consulted before Rambling Ralph spoke on Sky, it is likely that bridges are irretrievably incinerated

it took him 4 years of ignominy and 2 years of better things to win his place against all odds, even then he had a bit of luck at the last fence. To see it wiped away because the club have acted badly in grabbing a max of cash for an 18 year old reserve player is unacceptable. Wait and see, there will be trouble.

This is about the Board saying he could leave and then changing their mind. I don't think you just accept that and get on with it. I can't see how anyone would personally. I would expect him to be professional in training and suchlike but in terms of attitude and contentment I would expect him to be annoyed and seek to force a move away. I don't blame him.

Poor Morgs. I can almost hear the tears splashing on to his four year contract.

Of course, if Everton sell half their first team, then Barkley might change his mind, but surely no team in the top half of the Prem would do that........

Exactly. I'm sure if anyone signed a contract with their employer and then their boss, manager and half the rest of the employees walked out and all seemed to be in a far better position you might start to doubt the company you're working for.

I think the board has learnt a lesson here. The demise started when Cortese left. Nobody is buying into the future of the club now as nobody who was part of getting us to where we are now are left. It's a complete disaster. The only positive I can say is maybe we're starting a new era with koeman. I don't see us doing well next season but hopefully his long term goal will be as successful as the work pardew, Atkins and poch did. It seems ridiculous that we have to start that plan again but the players were here because they believed in poch and Cortese, and now they're gone and more safe and secure clubs are available to them with much bigger pay packets I can't really blame them. It still feels personal though as we're all fans of this club which we all took for granted at just how successful we had become.

He didn't have a place in the squad last season despite us playing good football. Did he not do enough over the World Cup campaign to impress?

takes time, took a lot of work from a lot of French journalists, Wenger and Pochettino to get DD to even look at him (Arse at home when he had a great game DD was a guest of AW that evening apparently) Apart from all that he was just tumbleweed that no-one noticed in France, especially not DD.

it took him 4 years of ignominy and 2 years of better things to win his place against all odds, even then he had a bit of luck at the last fence. To see it wiped away because the club have acted badly in grabbing a max of cash for an 18 year old reserve player is unacceptable. Wait and see, there will be trouble.
Why is it unacceptable? Schniderlin had a great opportunity of a month away with the French Squad to cement his place.

Are you saying that he signed the contract thinking that he could ignore it whenever circumstances changed and he didn't like it?

Depends on whether you believe what Kbilly has said or not. I personally do.

KBilly is invariably right, he's not a club plant. Look up his track record, confirmed Koeman of a Friday afty, club confirmed in on Monday or Tuesday I think, people even managed to get a couple of quid on Koeman before the bookies found out I think. When asked why Lovren and Clyne weren't in the squad for Swindon (or Hasselt can't remember which) some asked "being sold" to which KBilly replied "highly likely" To me KBSS is the onl real ITK who posts on this board concerning the club. What he says is usually correct.

Are you saying that he signed the contract thinking that he could ignore it whenever circumstances changed and he didn't like it?

I'm saying he signed the contract when we had a different Board, team, and Manager. However even then I do not expect his grievance is that level of change - I'm saying it will be because he was told he could leave and then told he couldn't. He's been messed about. Yet he is supposed to just accept that?

If your boss promised you something significant and then changed his / her mind on it would you just accept it or would you be annoyed and then seek to see if there was a way you could get it anyway?

You sign a long term contract to play in a team you believe in, that you believe are progressing which will enable you in turn to progress. A team with top players and adding more. When you find out that half of that has been sold or given away and that you don't have the same manager, then things have changed and in your eyes the contract is not worth the paper it's written on. Especially after the club had verbally confirmed a gate pass to leave.

Err yes, yes it is.

Unless there is a clause in his contract stating otherwise the contract ties him to the club, legally, in good times and bad. Imagine if we were doing well he (not picking on him as it is a general point) would happily accept bonuses on top of his contract so when things don't go well he is still obligated to pitch in.

As much as I think we all would have agreed, prior to the exodus, should anybody deserve a move it would be him the club comes first and he may have to suck it up for a season. Still be plenty of interest next summer and will go out with his integrity intact should he buckle down and have another cracking season.

takes time, took a lot of work from a lot of French journalists, Wenger and Pochettino to get DD to even look at him (Arse at home when he had a great game DD was a guest of AW that evening apparently) Apart from all that he was just tumbleweed that no-one noticed in France, especially not DD.

That says to me that Deschamps is a narrow minded fool, which is not Southampton's fault.

Then he should wait a couple of weeks and see who's joining . No, this is all about personal greed, he thought he was on to a good thing and now he's going to have to wait a bit longer. Tough titty. Contracts work both ways, if he'd twisted his knee at the World Cup the club would have had to pay his wages for the rest of its term.

He has already put his transfer request in, and will force a move within a week in my opinion.

I have a conspiracy theory that this whole thing is a way of getting rid of Ralph without KL and the board having to admit to fans we employed totally the wrong person with totally the wrong experience! They engineered this by telling him to give the fans a guarantee

Oh right, didn't see that anywhere...now I look a (bigger) nob.

Don't know where you'd see it but it's no doubt been done, he has no intention of staying you know, none whatsoever. He'll do whatever it takes, just like Lallana and Lovren, maybe even Chambers who knows.

And those saying that the squad is crap now that those players who have gone have gone, let's look at things (ignoring the fees gotten) as they stand at this very second......

Lambert - replaced with Pelle. I am happy enough with this, but time will tell. People saying that he is unproven in England etc. People said Lambert would struggle in PL. Think they also said that about the nPC as well. 50 goals in 57 appearances for Feyenoord is impressive even if the league isn't as strong as PL.

Lallana - replaced with Tadic. Must confess I know nothing about Tadic and again time will tell.

Shaw - whether Targett will be able to replace him to the same level is doubtful. But then what LB would?

Chambers - a shame to let a young one go, but (having said let's ignore fees) the amount offered for 20 games!!! Clyne is there (for the time being) and that is more than adequate.

Lovren - OK, currently there is no replacement for him

I know that the squad was pretty thin last year, and is likely to be very thin this year and that is a concern.

If you are told you can leave the club and see all your buddies get their move as well' date=' and then turn up to a meeting to discuss what teams you can talk to only to find that the idiots running the club discovered that fans aren't happy with all the best players being sold and so turn around and say you can't leave, how are you supposed to react? Just accept it? I'm surprised he's been this restrained. I don't blame him, I blame the absolute clowns running this football club right now.[/quote']

Completely agree with this. Personally I was resigned to losing Morgan at the end of last season as I thought that not being able to get near the French squad would lead to a desire to leave. When he did get in I hoped that might lead him to stay but having seen the destruction that's gone on this summer I honestly don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere. He's been an absolute star and has ran his guts out for Saints for a number of seasons. When he's played he's never given less than his all and given that I find some of the vitriol directed at him on here somewhat sad.

And those saying that the squad is crap now that those players who have gone have gone, let's look at things (ignoring the fees gotten) as they stand at this very second......

Lambert - replaced with Pelle. I am happy enough with this, but time will tell. People saying that he is unproven in England etc. People said Lambert would struggle in PL. Think they also said that about the nPC as well. 50 goals in 57 appearances for Feyenoord is impressive even if the league isn't as strong as PL.

Lallana - replaced with Tadic. Must confess I know nothing about Tadic and again time will tell.

Shaw - whether Targett will be able to replace him to the same level is doubtful. But then what LB would?

Chambers - a shame to let a young one go, but (having said let's ignore fees) the amount offered for 20 games!!! Clyne is there (for the time being) and that is more than adequate.

I know that the squad was pretty thin last year, and is likely to be very thin this year and that is a concern.

but it's not just about replacing those who leave, it's about replacing the residual garbage, Gazzaniga,KD,Jos,Bambi on ice from the youth squad, these blokes should be nowhere near a PL team with any ambition whatsoever.

Didn't do Cabaye any harm when he was at Newcastle.

Which RK said they were aware of and actively seeking to do something about - we have the funds and it will be reinvested.

I'd be a lot more worried if he hadn't said that. there may be ulterior motives as guided missile mentioned re contracts but the plan is to rebuild.

I think everyone is missing the most important thing to have come out of all this Morgan debacle... Spurs and Mopo are now not going to get two of their most important targets this summer (cue maniacal laughter and middle finger salutes)

They will get at least one of them though, Morgan will do everything in his power now to force a move Imo and once that happens Jrod will have very few reasons to stay