Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

He has already put his transfer request in, and will force a move within a week in my opinion.

I have a conspiracy theory that this whole thing is a way of getting rid of Ralph without KL and the board having to admit to fans we employed totally the wrong person with totally the wrong experience! They engineered this by telling him to give the fans a guarantee

This could very well happen , Guan said board meeting today and some heads on the block

They will get at least one of them though, Morgan will do everything in his power now to force a move Imo and once that happens Jrod will have very few reasons to stay

I honestly don't believe Spurs have the money. They put all their money in their bucket last year and spent £100m (Soldado- 30m, Laemlla - 35m, Chaldi - £16m, Vlad - £15m and the list goes on). I cannot see them spending close to what we want (£27m) on a single player, not sure they're in a position to do this. I mean, they couldn't even buy Ben Davies without swapping a player. That's the tactic they will use this summer, rather than outright buys I think.

That's why I believe he may stay, as we're not going to get what we want - so that's a positive at least. Who knows though, if Arsenal don't get one of their 2 top targets (Bender or Khedira) then they may well be back....

But I have a feeling that we've out priced Morgan and clubs are baulking on him a lot more than they did on Lovren or Shaw.

They will get at least one of them though, Morgan will do everything in his power now to force a move Imo and once that happens Jrod will have very few reasons to stay

Nah, they can't leave now. The board can't get this wrong again so they have no choice but to ride out whatever storm Morgan intends to create.

I think everyone is missing the most important thing to have come out of all this Morgan debacle... Spurs and Mopo are now not going to get two of their most important targets this summer (cue maniacal laughter and middle finger salutes)

Yes ha ha. Would have been stupid selling them to Spurs.

Nah, they can't leave now. The board can't get this wrong again so they have no choice but to ride out whatever storm Morgan intends to create.

This. And even if they do so, just to save face / honour what RK said yesterday, its the right thing to do. Its about time more teams did this - they are all super rich now and can afford to hold players to contracts if they want to. Good. If MS wants to sulk ect, then fine him and stick him with the reserves. I dont think that he will, but so be it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/morgan-schneiderlin-declares-war-southampton-3932727

The ****ing Mirror. The board FINALLY says no more and this rag says other players set to join exodus because of it.

Gald I don't live in the UK. As a journo I see it really is true when they describe your lot as gutter press.

Pretty crap article, based on a 1 line tweet.

I honestly don't believe Spurs have the money. They put all their money in their bucket last year and spent £100m (Soldado- 30m, Laemlla - 35m, Chaldi - £16m, Vlad - £15m and the list goes on). I cannot see them spending close to what we want (£27m) on a single player, not sure they're in a position to do this. I mean, they couldn't even buy Ben Davies without swapping a player. That's the tactic they will use this summer, rather than outright buys I think.

That's why I believe he may stay, as we're not going to get what we want - so that's a positive at least. Who knows though, if Arsenal don't get one of their 2 top targets (Bender or Khedira) then they may well be back....

But I have a feeling that we've out priced Morgan and clubs are baulking on him a lot more than they did on Lovren or Shaw.

Spurs lad at work confirm they would have to sell before they buy.

As you say they spent big (very big) last season and need a return on all that investment.

Just heard that there was a bust up on the training field this morning involving three players. Any one got inside details?

Osvaldo's not back is he?

We need to be careful here, the situation is a breeding ground for all sorts of rumours like this. There are always bust ups in training, more often than you think, but in a situation like this it obviously has a magnifying glass put on it.

Osvaldo's not back is he?

We need to be careful here, the situation is a breeding ground for all sorts of rumours like this. There are always bust ups in training, more often than you think, but in a situation like this it obviously has a magnifying glass put on it.

Still it's another way to go, just needs a little head butt on an assistant coach down at Brighton tomorrow and bingo...you're on your way lads.

This is the tweet - no idea how reliable the fella is. But bust ups happen all the time, sod it, I fall out with work colleagues during the day sometimes and we have our tiff. It's just the perfect atmosphere to bring this to the fore right now.

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 15m

Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

Spurs lad at work confirm they would have to sell before they buy.

As you say they spent big (very big) last season and need a return on all that investment.

Supporters "at work" usually know nothing, it is their perception of the situation and little more; Now I bet people who work with our fans are told we have 91 million or whatever it is to spend. Spurs are probably trying to give the impression that they have no money, you know like Everton have been doing for about 50 years . They end up getting good players for very little, like Mirallas.

Pretty crap article, based on a 1 line tweet.

Schneiderlin declares war on Saints? They can glean all that from a one line tweet? So how is he going about this? Is he hiring a hit-man to bump off the board? Will he be arming himself like Rambo to go in all guns blazing and shoot up anybody who moves?

If one wanted a single example of really how ridiculously rubbish the red top rags are in this country, then this one is right up there. The Mirror, Sun and Star in particular are all comics, read by people with low IQs who will lap up this sort of sensationalist clap-trap.

This is the tweet - no idea how reliable the fella is. But bust ups happen all the time, sod it, I fall out with work colleagues during the day sometimes and we have our tiff. It's just the perfect atmosphere to bring this to the fore right now.

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 15m

Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

Are there 3 senior players left?

Reckon it would be Jos, whose idol was The Cow, telling Morgan he's acting "badly".

You just have to love modern day footballers. What a buch of *ankers. Remeber talking to Jim Steel about his transfer to Southampton. He was called in one day and told he had been signed to us. I said how did you feel about it and he said it was what happened and you just packed your things and went! Happy days!

Also I think I remember one person once might have mentioned Suarez at Liverpool and Everton holding on to their young players as examples that any club with an ounce of sense can fend off bids and interest from other clubs. I mean it's prety easy to do this and just goes to show how useless our board is.

Oh, and when we take an interest in a player at another club we should be strolling in and just taking them and getting it done. I mean it's pretty easy to do this and shows how useless our board is.

But Liverpool managed to fend off interest from Arsenal, a team on a par with themselves and perhaps not a team Suarez was that keen on. But when the real Big Boys came calling, he was off PDQ.

Everton are further up the relative pecking order, but still have failed to hold on to fellani, Rooney, Rodwell, Arteta, Lescott amongst others. They have managed to keep hold of Baines and Jagielka, but as we have seen Barkley signing a contract is no guarantee of a long term commitment.

And as for our buying record, over the last few years we used our position in the pecking order (& Liebherr's cash) to stroll in and sign players (Clyne,Rodriguez, Wanyama, Fonte, Lovren, Ramirez, etc etc etc). We've even used our relative position in the pecking order over the years to poach youngsters!!!! (Lallana, Walcott et al).

It's a really shttiy position we find ourselves in, but IMHO its the make up of the game and not our Club who are mainly to blame.

Signing a contract extension is seen by players as being loyal in that the club should be able to cash in more, as well as getting improved terms.

Really? I think it is 1) better terms; 2) security / length of cash cow; 3) sometimes a signing fee; 4) because they like playing football and being paid for it; and a very very distant 5), for some of them, maybe, its being "loyal"

Really? I think it is 1) better terms; 2) security / length of cash cow; 3) sometimes a signing fee; 4) because they like playing football and being paid for it; and a very very distant 5), for some of them, maybe, its being "loyal"

Yes, really.

1-4 = getting improved terms

5 = the other bit I said

Yes, really.

1-4 = getting improved terms

5 = the other bit I said

I was questioning your point about an "extension is seen by players as being loyal in that the club....cash in more". I doubt this for most of them and if it is a factor, its a distant last

But Liverpool managed to fend off interest from Arsenal, a team on a par with themselves and perhaps not a team Suarez was that keen on. But when the real Big Boys came calling, he was off PDQ.

Everton are further up the relative pecking order, but still have failed to hold on to fellani, Rooney, Rodwell, Arteta, Lescott amongst others. They have managed to keep hold of Baines and Jagielka, but as we have seen Barkley signing a contract is no guarantee of a long term commitment.

And as for our buying record, over the last few years we used our position in the pecking order (& Liebherr's cash) to stroll in and sign players (Clyne,Rodriguez, Wanyama, Fonte, Lovren, Ramirez, etc etc etc). We've even used our relative position in the pecking order over the years to poach youngsters!!!! (Lallana, Walcott et al).

It's a really shttiy position we find ourselves in, but IMHO its the make up of the game and not our Club who are mainly to blame.

I know, Um. Was one of my probably too subtle pi ss takes of forum thinking.

You're not here often enough to pick up on it these days.

Basically you are never more than twenty posts away from someone making the same points about Suarez and/or Everton.

People are going on and on about promises. These promises that were made to Morgan, and that weren't in his contract, who made them to him? If it was either NC or MP, then you can see the problem. If he wanted cast iron promises then he should have had them written into his contract either at the time of extending or as an addendum. I do find it a bit strange though, that he signs a new contract extension in Feb 2013 and has to have promises made to him between then and presumably the start of the season in August 2013.