Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

Come on guys, wake up and tune into Reality FM.

Krueger is not mug. Hes a lying manipulative tw*t. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing with that statement, so when Morgan pulls a paddy, refuses to play in order to get his move, we blame him and not the board. The board still get what they want at the end of the day, and avoid the abuse.

Look how you all said "good riddance" to Lovren..

Are you all going to fall for the latest Ralphie bullsh*t ??

The club is not in `control` of anything it does, its sold out to money. You cant refuse a player leaving and most clubs would want any of the Saints players including u19s. just watch in the next week as 3-4 more players go.

Saints were just as underhand in getting the bloke who didn't speak English so you cant now try to control things.

This^

Krueger is not mug. Hes a lying manipulative tw*t. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing with that statement, so when Morgan pulls a paddy, refuses to play in order to get his move, we blame him and not the board. The board still get what they want at the end of the day, and avoid the abuse.

I'd go with that

Perhaps only Spurs have made bid for Morgan, and a derisory one at that, so the Board were never going to accept it, whatever their motives. Fed up with these over-inflated egos, as if playing for Saints was suddenly the worse job in the world. What a balls up! Just can't understand why they didn't bring in a couple more players before selling half the team. Even if Kat's looking to recoup some of her outgoings, it was obvious we were going to have to buy SOME replacements, even lower grade ones. We're bound to miss out on some players because of what's happened, so we're even more likely to end up with the mercenaries just here for the pay packet.

Don't think I've ever agreed with Alpine before, but this, although a little harshly worded, is about right IMO.

Don't think I've ever agreed with Alpine before, but this, although a little harshly worded, is about right IMO.

So hang on, what are the board supposed to do? Both occasions they've been vilified either being silent and letting players go if they don't want to be here, not we have the reverse its the same reaction.

I'd rather have the club be strong and have Krueger put the ball into Schneiderlins court - which it should be. If he throws the roots out of the pram let him look bad, not the club.

So hang on, what are the board supposed to do? Both occasions they've been vilified either being silent and letting players go if they don't want to be here, not we have the reverse its the same reaction.

I'd rather have the club be strong and have Krueger put the ball into Schneiderlins court - which it should be. If he throws the toys out of the pram let him look bad, not the club.

I'd rather have the club be strong and have Krueger put the ball into Schneiderlins court - which it should be. If he throws the roots out of the pram let him look bad, not the club.

By all accounts and from several sources involving several players, the boards communication with the players has been terrible. Quite clearly we had agreed a move for Morgan but u-turned and went public without even speaking to the player first. The way they are handling the PR side of things is ****.

I'd rather have the club be strong and have Krueger put the ball into Schneiderlins court - which it should be. If he throws the toys out of the pram let him look bad, not the club.

What are they supposed to do? Have a bit more gumption dealing with the crisis when it began, not starting now. They should have been strong enough to resist the bulk of the exodus (if they really wanted to keep most of them).

We needed a statement and we got it. It was very confident and smooth and charming. I hope it was genuine, but personally I think it was waffle to keep the masses appeased and an attempt to deflect the anger when more players leave.

What are they supposed to do? Have a bit more gumption dealing with the crisis when it began, not starting now. They should have been strong enough to resist the bulk of the exodus (if they really wanted to keep most of them).

We needed a statement and we got it. It was very confident and smooth and charming. I hope it was genuine, but personally I think it was waffle to keep the masses appeased and an attempt to deflect the anger when more players leave.

In a nutshell. Great post.

In not going to disagree that the communication has been poor, however were is the proof that Morgan was promised a move? How do you know that the only u turn here is the club playing hard ball with a player and has beaten Morgan and his agent to the punch. Saints make it public to the fans regarding both players - to me it's equally possible that Morgan hoped that the club would follow the same pattern as other transfers I.e let him go for the right fee. Instead the club has u turned and now he's frustrated that he not going to get away easily.

This to me is arm equally viable scenario. As alpine says Krueger is no mug, and if rather we as fans support the club over any player.

Love how the board can't win. Really does show up some of the posters on this forum. I can see a lot wanting to change their usernames due to the embarrassment only the chap this summer. Just wonder who Batmans going to be next.

To be fair, although I understand your criticism of the "damned if they do, damned if they don't" mentality of allot of members.

I think what those members are alluding to with their frustration is more to do with the way it's been handled by the board. Yes they wanted them to put their foot down and say enough is enough but it's been handled terribly & the reaction from Morgan highlights that.

Today's media offensive by SFC is very reactionary to the hysteria of the chambers transfer, 3 interviews with Kruger, a summarisation of those interviews on the official website & the leak to ssn that we're close to signing 3 players. It suggests they completely underestimated the reaction of the fanbase which is worrying.

Subsequently we then have Morgans tweet, a player who wasn't expecting to leave doesn't make those comments so he's clearly been promised a move and it's been pulled from under him and he's voiced his frustration.

It's been a PR disaster and while we're all glad the board have made a stand, this situation that's developed over the last week was preventable had we managed the situation better.

He moved out of his Ocean Village apartment yesterday, and his stuff has been put in storage. He was ready to start talking to Spurs, so I'm not having what Ralf said in that we never spoke with anyone regarding the sale.

Morgan does not live in an Ocean Village apartment (and has moved twice since he last actually did), so your comments got off to a poor start...

I just read in the DM online that we set a bar of 27m for Morgan and Spurs have only offered 13m, which is insulting.

This could be Raphie just using Morgan to put pressure on Spurs to up their price.

If Spurs had agreed to anything near 27m instead of being arrogant, patronising and greedy, I reckon Ralphie wouldnt have spun that bullsh*t this afternoon.

Morgan does not live in an Ocean Village apartment (and has moved twice since he last actually did), so your comments got off to a poor start...

Yes but he's apparently been in London today and earlier this afternoon (pre tweet) and one of his senior team mates was expecting him to complete his move tomorrow.

What a farce.

Just to throw this one out there, last summer Luis Suarez did pretty much the same.

He added: "I have the club's word and we have the written contract and we are happy to take this to the Premier League for them to decide the case but I do not want it to come to that.

"I don't feel betrayed [by Liverpool] but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. I’m not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

"People may accuse me of showing a lack of loyalty but last season we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: We've got a new coach and we’re going to push for the Champions League'.

"I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: 'Stay another season, and you have my word if we don't make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave'.

"Liverpool is a club with a reputation for doing things the right way. I just want them to abide by the promises made last season. Some of [my team-mates] say to me: 'We cannot understand that if you have it signed that you can't leave'."

He then stayed, scored a bucket load of goals, and went to Barca for more than his asking price last year. Liverpool stood firm on it.

So if he really wants to leave, Morgan just needs to bite someone!

To be fair, although I understand your criticism of the "damned if they do, damned if they don't" mentality of allot of members.

I think what those members are alluding to with their frustration is more to do with the way it's been handled by the board. Yes they wanted them to put their foot down and say enough is enough but it's been handled terribly & the reaction from Morgan highlights that.

Today's media offensive by SFC is very reactionary to the hysteria of the chambers transfer, 3 interviews with Kruger, a summarisation of those interviews on the official website & the leak to ssn that we're close to signing 3 players. It suggests they completely underestimated the reaction of the fanbase which is worrying.

Subsequently we then have Morgans tweet, a player who wasn't expecting to leave doesn't make those comments so he's clearly been promised a move and it's been pulled from under him and he's voiced his frustration.

It's been a PR disaster and while we're all glad the board have made a stand, this situation that's developed over the last week was preventable had we managed the situation better.

Sort of agree, but perhaps what is even more worrying is the complete lack of any consistency of message between what Krueger said yesterday and what Reed said when Chambers was sold....

Reed: (paraphrased) we had to sell chambers as he told us he did not see his future at Southampton...

Krueger: (paraphrased) we are not going to sell any more....

Both can not be true. if Krueger is now telling the truth, then it undermines Reed's public statement,as why not be equally strong towards Chambers?

if Reed was telling the truth, all Morgan needs to do is tell us he does not see his future at Southampton and we will apparently let him go with out blessings....

So when folks suggest the board are very much maligned and misunderstood, it's this kind of contradictory crap that highlights just why many think they have royally fecked us.

As it happens, I believe Morgan will get his wish and Ralphies words will prove to be as hollow as his last. The only reason he is still here is no ne has offered the kind of money we obviously want for him...IMHO.

I just read in the DM online that we set a bar of 27m for Morgan and Spurs have only offered 13m, which is insulting.

This could be Raphie just using Morgan to put pressure on Spurs to up their price.

If Spurs had agreed to anything near 27m instead of being arrogant, patronising and greedy, I reckon Ralphie wouldnt have spun that bullsh*t this afternoon.[/QU

this

Feel a bit sorry for Morgan in a way (but only a little!). Of all the players he is probably the one who most deserves to get a transfer up the table, given both his long service to the club and his professionalism while some of his teammates were being anything but professional. He spoke to the board early on, agreed to meet with Koeman, and generally conducted himself well throughout all of this (as fas as we know anyway). But he's been left behind, assuming the board mean what they say about him not being sold. The ones who threw their toys out of the pram (i.e. Lallana and Lovren) or turned their back on the club that developed them (i.e. Shaw and Chambers) got their big money moves. What message does that send out? Morgan now knows that he needs to act like a petulant kid to get what he wants, and that's probably what this Tweet is about. He might have gotten some advice from his agent to do this and force his move. BUT, if he believes he is CL quality, he should expect to be sold for a CL-quality price, not the reported £13m that Spurs are supposed to have bid. He can't reasonably expect the club to sell a CL-quality asset for such a small amount.

Feel a bit sorry for Morgan in a way (but only a little!). Of all the players he is probably the one who most deserves to get a transfer up the table, given both his long service to the club and his professionalism while some of his teammates were being anything but professional. He spoke to the board early on, agreed to meet with Koeman, and generally conducted himself well throughout all of this (as fas as we know anyway). But he's been left behind, assuming the board mean what they say about him not being sold. The ones who threw their toys out of the pram (i.e. Lallana and Lovren) or turned their back on the club that developed them (i.e. Shaw and Chambers) got their big money moves. What message does that send out? Morgan now knows that he needs to act like a petulant kid to get what he wants, and that's probably what this Tweet is about. He might have gotten some advice from his agent to do this and force his move. BUT, if he believes he is CL quality, he should expect to be sold for a CL-quality price, not the reported £13m that Spurs are supposed to have bid. He can't reasonably expect the club to sell a CL-quality asset for such a small amount.

This.

This.

Morgan getting his arse out is heartbreaking because he has been a magnificent servant. A stroppy tweet from Calum Chambers if we turned him down? Yeah, fu ck off kid.

The easiest "no" we had, and we blew it. If 20 games Chambers cam walk, how on earth can we make 200 game Morgan stay.

Exactly. Not to mention my-heart-is-with-Liverpool Lovren, here for just one season, given his "dream" move after (allegedly) threatening to go on strike. The line should have been drawn there.

Sorry but **** him, the club has to stand up behind Kruegers words now. Player power is getting too much , if he won't play stick him in the reserves, not like we need the money.

Really ****ed off with the players now, can't see what else the board can do, enough is enough , if we cave in to him then the rest will follow and they likely know that

Agree but I might be tempted to tell him to train on his own until he gets his head right. Either way he will be sold in January at least. Club should ban social media and get a f#cking grip on it

The barn door has closed after most of the horses have bolted.

I suspect the club have had a tough day on the phones with many disgruntled fans phoning in. Looks like panic set in and a smarm offensive was quickly set up.

Nothing had been said for weeks and then all of a sudden you can't move without hearing Krueger. The new tough stance hit the one player who showed some dignity, I assume now Morgan has had enough and will have to tarnish his reputation to get out. I said earlier that Krueger had put himself into a corner by saying MS would be staying. Interesting to see who blinks first, sadly they should have shown some balls before Lovren left, I don't care about Chambers, Wenger will not know how to develop him like so many others

Agree with this, except that Krueger was wheeled out not to placate the fans because they asked wtf is going on, but to talk to the media who had started to ask wtf is going on. The Board care not for what you and I think or feel. That much is obvious from the comical way they sporadically say what they think we want to hear and then are silent during all the player sales.

SSN banner says MS tweeted after meeting with Led Reed. I know who I would rather have leave the club.

Summed up perfectly.

Good post.

This is a mess of alarming proportions. Reed claims the club couldn't stop Chambers leaving but now Ralph Kreuger is trying to do that with Schneiderlin. There is simply no point in trying to hang onto unhappy players and RK has now dug a massive hole for himself and the club. The naivety is breathtakingly apparent and when Schneiderlin goes (he will) then we and Krueger are going to look really stupid. The time to have made that stand was when Liverpool came sentimentally calling for Lambert, far too late now. An absolute shambles.

This is a mess of alarming proportions. Reed claims the club couldn't stop Chambers leaving but now Ralph Kreuger is trying to do that with Schneiderlin. There is simply no point in trying to hang onto unhappy players and RK has now dug a massive hole for himself and the club. The naivety is breathtakingly apparent and when Schneiderlin goes (he will) then we and Krueger are going to look really stupid. The time to have made that stand was when Liverpool came sentimentally calling for Lambert, far too late now. An absolute shambles.

Confusing post. You say no point in trying to keep unhappy players but then say we should have kept all of them. It's late, way too late, but we are making a stand and rightly so.

What is a 'CL-quality price'? SSN were reporting a combined fee of £35m for Morgan and JRod. Considering that includes the unknown performance that JRod will return to I would say that is a fair price. Toni Kroos, arguably one of the best midfielders around, and a World Cup winner, has just moved to Real for c£20m.

Having slept on it. Just can't believe how utterly the club is.

If what KK said is true that this line in the sand moment was driven by the back lash from the sale of chambers then words fail me. What would chambers have done had we blocked his move? Absolutely nothing. He would have been ridiculed around the media had he done a Morgan or a lovren

What did they expect?

It also shows that they were up for selling him 24 hours ago and it seems the deal was nearly done

The time to have made a stand was with lovren. But we became an easy target when we allowed our star striker to go so easily and quickly

I really am struggling to believe a single thing that Ralph said yesterday. And to suggest we will aggressively recruit players and re-invest the £90m+ back into the side and pure fantasy

What a completely mental strategy the club have taken

Edited by Batman

OK, so let's re-hash the boards rules then based on the posts above:

1. As we sold Chambers, we should sell everyone who doesn't want to be here.

If that is the case, why was everyone having a go when it was reported that both Rodriguez and Schneiderlin were moving on. People were shouting for the club to say 'no', so they did. The same people are now coming out and saying those players should be sold.

If what KK said is true that this line in the sand moment was driven by the back lash from the sale of chambers then words fail me. What would chambers have done had we blocked his move? Absolutely nothing. He would have been ridiculed around the media had he done a Morgan or a lovren

What did they expect?

It also shows that they were up for selling him 24 hours ago and it seems the deal was nearly done

The time to have made a stand was with lovren. But we became an easy target when we allowed our star striker to go so easily and quickly

I really am struggling to believe a single thing that Ralph said yesterday. And to suggest we will aggressively recruit players and re-invest the £90m+ back into the side and pure fantasy

From what I've been told Spurs were so far away from the price we wanted that the sale was pretty much off by the time the RK interviews started yesterday.

If that is the case, why was everyone having a go when it was reported that both Rodriguez and Schneiderlin were moving on. People were shouting for the club to say 'no', so they did. The same people are now coming out and saying those players should be sold.

Or saying that we should have said no earlier. Big help.

What did they expect?

Jamie, Ralph said every penny will be reinvested, he's has the green light to do so. He said if you want fairy tales then you're at the wrong club.

I think most people are happy with the stand the club have put down (but I simply believe that stand is because we didn't get the $$ we wanted, simple as that), but it clearly seems to be another abysmally handled situation. If it was just Lallana who wanted out, fair enough, but Chambers, Lovren, Morgan, Lallana, Shaw...all bar chambers demanding to leave as if staying is the worst thing ever. I think we need to find out what's so bad, as in isolation I don't think it's just the fact they're offered more $$$. We must be getting all players to polish Ralf and KL's shoes or something.

If what KK said is true that this line in the sand moment was driven by the back lash from the sale of chambers then words fail me.

I think after the Chambers sale they finally got a reality check that their customers were getting mightily peeved. It was not the Chambers sale in isolation that made them sit up and pay attention to their customers. Quite clearly they were ploughing on with making further player sales with Morgan and JRod the next to go.

It was more than clear from Ralph's Solent interview that the two players were not happy with the situation. And we're to believe Ralph didn't discuss it when spending a whole evening being entertained by Spurs officials in Toronto last week . Sorry. The same way that Chambers was ill last week when he didn't play against Bournemouth. The club that tells the truth Ralph said.

Come on then; let's have your theory for why the players want to leave mostly for CL clubs for double or treble their current wages. :rolleyes:

Ive said enough, and there is enough evidence out there from the players, joirnalists and other posters. Stick your head in the sad if you want, I cant be arsed to go through it again.

I think the board rules are that we can't keep unhappy players, there's no point. But if we sell them it's disgusting and the club is a shambles.

Rule 2 is we want statements from the club as to what is going on. But when we get statements no one believes what is said and the board can't be trusted.

We need to say 'no' but when we say 'no' If the player creates in any way then we are run by a bunch of idiots who have only said no so they don't look bad when the player Is sold.

And the final rule is non of this would have happened of cortese was here, but if it did it's be great business and part of some incredible strategy.

I think the board rules are that we can't keep unhappy players, there's no point. But if we sell them it's disgusting and the club is a shambles.

Rule 2 is we want statements from the club as to what is going on. But when we get statements no one believes what is said and the board can't be trusted.

We need to say 'no' but when we say 'no' If the player creates in any way then we are run by a bunch of idiots who have only said no so they don't look bad when the player Is sold.

And the final rule is non of this would have happened of cortese was here, but if it did it's be great business and part of some incredible strategy.

There you go. About a dozen threads summed up in one post.

If the offer from Spurs of £13m is correct then I am unsure why anyone would be surprised that we told levy to eff off.

Rk was repeating carping on about tipping points. Well maybe £27m and a player who wants to leave is one of them.

whatever happened levy needs to dig deeper than he wants to do the deal

I think you have just captured the essence of TSW. Probably the most insightful post on here.

If the offer from Spurs of £13m is correct then I am unsure why anyone would be surprised that we told levy to eff off.

Rk was repeating carping on about tipping points. Well maybe £27m and a player who wants to leave is one of them.

whatever happened levy needs to dig deeper than he wants to do the deal

SSN were reporting £35m combined for Morgan and JRod.

I think most people are happy with the stand the club have put down (but I simply believe that stand is because we didn't get the $$ we wanted, simple as that), but it clearly seems to be another abysmally handled situation. If it was just Lallana who wanted out, fair enough, but Chambers, Lovren, Morgan, Lallana, Shaw...all bar chambers demanding to leave as if staying is the worst thing ever. I think we need to find out what's so bad, as in isolation I don't think it's just the fact they're offered more $$$. We must be getting all players to polish Ralf and KL's shoes or something.

But we know why. We've been told they were sold a dream of Champions League football and once Cortese and Pochettino left that dream was over. Couple that with a doubling or tripling of wages and that is a big reason. The board could not promise that, so they're having to sell unhappy players. All this non-communication is an excuse dreamt up by the players to try and push the responsibility back onto the board. The players and agents have been ruthless.