Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

Morgan is history. He will never play for us again. He will be sold.

The time to be firm passed when Lallanna left. Another Boardroom **** up.

Morgan would've stayed if we'd invested all our transfer cash in players of note. We aren't going to do that either.

Krueger's no credibility. He's been shown to lack integrity already.

You really do chat some right shiite.

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

Whatever he does, if he leaves then Kruger has to jump ship. I'm glad there has been so much anger over the Chambers sale as it has focussed minds somewhat.

Any idea why so many were promised transfers? Have the club told all players if they want to leave they can?

it was so obvious

selling chambers was utterly stupid

what was the kid going to do had we said no? nothing

Honestly wtf did they expect the reaction to be when the club is openly selling half the first team, do they think fans are going to be pleased? What I see is a board who couldn't run an ice cream van, players who want away claiming they are being badly treated, an obviously huge disconnect between the two and a god almighty mess. If KL has any sense she needs to get these boardroom changes sorted ASAP and get a chairman in who knows what he is doing and start to rebuild the bridges

I completely agree with the clubs and Krueger's stance. We have to be strong, and show we will not be played like this. Yes we have sold players who wants to go, but we as a club have got to have a limit on how many people go. If a player can't see that... maybe he should be on his agent asking why did he not sort something out earlier. Why should the club let players go this late.

I love the saints, and that will never change. COYS

Disagree Krueger and board have finally done what should have been done earlier.

Morgan's just going to have to accept he'll have to wait till next summer to move on like Modric did several years ago at spurs.

If he strikes he's not helping himself.

The barn door has closed after most of the horses have bolted.

I suspect the club have had a tough day on the phones with many disgruntled fans phoning in. Looks like panic set in and a smarm offensive was quickly set up.

Nothing had been said for weeks and then all of a sudden you can't move without hearing Krueger. The new tough stance hit the one player who showed some dignity, I assume now Morgan has had enough and will have to tarnish his reputation to get out. I said earlier that Krueger had put himself into a corner by saying MS would be staying. Interesting to see who blinks first, sadly they should have shown some balls before Lovren left, I don't care about Chambers, Wenger will not know how to develop him like so many others

The club is not in `control` of anything it does, its sold out to money. You cant refuse a player leaving and most clubs would want any of the Saints players including u19s. just watch in the next week as 3-4 more players go.

Saints were just as underhand in getting the bloke who didn't speak English so you cant now try to control things.

it was so obvious

selling chambers was utterly stupid

what was the kid going to do had we said no? nothing

This.

Morgan getting his arse out is heartbreaking because he has been a magnificent servant. A stroppy tweet from Calum Chambers if we turned him down? Yeah, fu ck off kid.

The easiest "no" we had, and we blew it. If 20 games Chambers cam walk, how on earth can we make 200 game Morgan stay.

This.

Morgan getting his arse out is heartbreaking because he has been a magnificent servant. A stroppy tweet from Calum Chambers? Yeah, fu ck off kid.

The easiest "no" we had, and we blew it. If 20 games Chambers cam walk, how on earth can we make 200 game Morgan stay.

two in a row - agree completely.

I suspect the club have had a tough day on the phones with many disgruntled fans phoning in. Looks like panic set in and a smarm offensive was quickly set up.

Nothing had been said for weeks and then all of a sudden you can't move without hearing Krueger. The new tough stance hit the one player who showed some dignity, I assume now Morgan has had enough and will have to tarnish his reputation to get out. I said earlier that Krueger had put himself into a corner by saying MS would be staying. Interesting to see who blinks first, sadly they should have shown some balls before Lovren left, I don't care about Chambers, Wenger will not know how to develop him like so many others

Yep pretty well on the money this

This.

Morgan getting his arse out is heartbreaking because he has been a magnificent servant. A stroppy tweet from Calum Chambers if we turned him down? Yeah, fu ck off kid.

Makes you wish there had been more of a fuss before Chambers left. May have forced the club to keep a few more players then.

Cheers for the update. It just seems like outright naivety from the club to make a mess. What would have been so bad about the fans reaction that they wouldn't have originally expected? And would require such a U-Turn. Just outright naivety, stupid management of the situation.

Well said Nick. Sadly you are right. These guys have no idea what they are doing.

Out of interest do we know within reason that Spurs have actually made a bid? It seems fairly certain there is interest but an actual bid (that matches our valuation) I am not sure. There is interest from Arsenal too but no actual bid. Maybe that's why it was easy to say no to MS? But he sees it as a broken promise because we did not accept Spurs first (probably derisory?) bid, if indeed there was a bid at all?

Unbelievable incompetence - the board just seem to have had no proper strategy throughout the whole of this summer. Unforgiveable given that everyone knew we would be targeted with bids for many of our players. It's astounding that they were taken aback by the fans reaction when it became clear they were happy to sell the entire 1st team!!

On the plus side Saints would NOT have paid out the money they got for any of the players they have sold. None of them are worth the money we sold them for, its just Premiership overvaluation and wage greed. This is the cost of Prem football and a small club like Saints have no power or real money backing to start controlling other clubs. The only thing Saints are in control of is selling the club which is going along very well so far.

Blimey there's no pleasing people is there! Board cave in and they get stick, board try and be strong and they get stick!

I feel rather sorry for Morgan and I think he'll probably regret that tweet tomorrow morning once some of his anger and frustration has subsided. Morgan, like Rickie doesn't owe us anything more, he's been outstanding for us and if a CL club came in for him with the right money he'd deserve his transfer.However if its Spurs they can f***off and he can stay. I'm amazed he'd want to go there, there is no chance they'll break into the top 4 and he should want to play CL football.

Morgan is our best player and I will be devastated when he goes but if its Arsenal I won't be angry, if its Spurs I'll be very angry!!

Of course in an ideal world he'll apologise in the morning and have a storming season with us.

Any idea why so many were promised transfers? Have the club told all players if they want to leave they can?

They do seem to have said yes to everybody. Does make it feel like a club sale was planned, but it has been so spectacularly mismanaged that the board has had to react with this stance in an attempt to maintain credibility (or club value, or both). I'm dismayed by the current situation.

Edited by Plastic

Was just talking to someone from the forum, our (two person) consensus is that he should knuckle down and play and be told by the 'board' that we will accept bids over a certain amount in the January window. Everyone saves face then.

The millionaire players MS and JRod need to suck it up - be professional and get on and do their best for the club that has given them both the platform to develop into full international players in recent months. Both are still young and their chance of glory or to earn even more millions will only be delayed. As the saying goes - the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back.

Was just talking to someone from the forum, our (two person) consensus is that he should knuckle down and play and be told by the 'board' that we will accept bids over a certain amount in the January window. Everyone saves face then.

Stumped up your fiver then :lol:

The millionaire players MS and JRod need to suck it up - be professional and get on and do their best for the club that has given them both the platform to develop into full international players in recent months. Both are still young and their chance of glory or to earn even more millions will only be delayed. As the saying goes - the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back.
VEHO ?

You really do chat some right shiite.

Morgan will never play for Saints again. That's my opinion. Based entirely on the track record of the Boardrooms actions to date this summer.

Can't see how that's anything other than total logic.... particularly given this tweet.

I actually have some sympathy for Schneiderlin.

Of all those who have left (bar Lambert) he was the one who had earned an opportunity and until today was handling everything in the right way and showing respect to the club.

The club picked the wrong person to make an example of, if anyone it should have been Lovren or Chambers.

If we have gone back on what we promised him because of some fans moaning then that doesnt sound like much of a "strategic plan" for this window.

That said, he will end up going (we don't want to keep unhappy players) and Krueger will have to go as well after guarenteeing in 3 interviews that MS would stay.

All this does is sours the end of a great relationship between Morgan, Saints and the Saints fans. Pathetic management.

Edited by Saint Charlie

The club picked the wrong person to make an example of, if anyone it should have been Lovren or Chambers.

If we have gone back on whatbwe promised him because of some fans moaning then that doesnt sound like much of a "strategic plan" for this window.

Spot on.

I actually have some sympathy for Schneiderlin.

Of all those who have left (bar Lambert) he was the one who had earned an opportunity and until today was handling everything in the right way and showing respect to the club.

If we have gone back on what we promised him because of some fans moaning then that doesnt sound like much of a "strategic plan" for this window.

That said, he will end up going (we don't want to keep unhappy players) and Krueger will have to go as well after guarenteeing in 3 interviews that MS would stay.

All this does is sours the end of a great relationship between Morgan, Saints and the Saints fans. Pathetic management.

Agree 100%.

Still, Ralph appears to have grown a set of balls at last so lets enjoy this line in the sand for a few days.

The mass exodus has to stop somewhere. Poor Morgan, if only he had come back from holiday a week earlier he might have been granted his dream of playing in the europa league for Spurs. It was never going to go down well, but with so many of our players acting in the wrong way, why is it so bad for Ralph to tell his plans straight to the media? Things can't get much worse, and the board had to make a statement, which, rightly or wrongly, they have. If Morgan is made to stay he'll just have to deal with it

FFS sake you are now asking someone to read into the future. Just calm down

Duncan

What is it with you. I am calm , I was just asking a question in respect of a comment guan made about potential board changes tomorrow .

By all means Have a pop at me for anything else but all I was doing was to enquire about any potential updates on what guan alluded to a day or so ago

If any one needs to keep calm it is you . I remain optomistic about the future despite Morgans tweet

Agree 100%.

Still, Ralph appears to have grown a set of balls at last so lets enjoy this line in the sand for a few days.

Pucks, Chalet, pucks.

He still doesn't quite get it, and for the record, there are better things to do with your balls than make vague sand-based statements on shifting shores.

Agree with the sentiments about Lovren.

one year in England - he should've been told to STFU. If anyone deserved a big move it was Morgan and he seems to have simply been a victim of France's relative World Cup success making him the last one back to training. That said, his tweet is clearly disappointing.

With any luck, he calms down and the two sides can reach an agreement around a move in Jan or at the end of the season.

The other concern today is that only Morgan and Jay Rod were name checked. If we lose Clyne, Fonte, JWP etc this window then there is still plenty of cause for alarm.

Blimey there's no pleasing people is there! Board cave in and they get stick, board try and be strong and they get stick!

I feel rather sorry for Morgan and I think he'll probably regret that tweet tomorrow morning once some of his anger and frustration has subsided. Morgan, like Rickie doesn't owe us anything more, he's been outstanding for us and if a CL club came in for him with the right money he'd deserve his transfer.However if its Spurs they can f***off and he can stay. I'm amazed he'd want to go there, there is no chance they'll break into the top 4 and he should want to play CL football.

Morgan is our best player and I will be devastated when he goes but if its Arsenal I won't be angry, if its Spurs I'll be very angry!!

Of course in an ideal world he'll apologise in the morning and have a storming season with us.

Spot on SaintPat