Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

True, but you can't get a player involved in advanced negotiations for a transfer and then pull the plug (allegedly) for the sake of PR - it's just going to p!ss people off. ....

Course you can, you can do what you want as a Club if you believe it to be of benefit for the club, shît happens - just like the pay rise you don't get 'cos the company didn't make the profit expected. What you going to do? You can't walk out as that would be breach of contract btw.

It's weird how the posters who have been most upset about the player sales now seem to think we should let Morgan walk because we already let some other leave?

No what's weird is how a happy clapper doesn't get that saying NO now is far too late, the boards position is weak by the stance they have already taken with other player sales. Morgan will get his way, its just a game of bluff now.

Maybe it's just me but I don't care if the club are being c unts to Morgan we've sold enough players time to put the foot down.

Do you want Morgan sold yes or No?

No saints fan want him sold i can just see why he would be annoyed about it all. He has a point.

Yep but it's clear that he's done everything else behind the scenes and in the right way. We've left him no option.

He's been here 6 years ffs, and we're denying him the chance to play at the top level and triple (or more) his wages. No sympathy with Lovren etc, but this is shoddy on our part.

We haven't "left him no option" at all, ridiculous thing to say.

no, I will also add that we should never have been incompetent to a level to make us an absolute mess

you are asking these questions in a black or white and with no context of the whole summer, sort of way

Why has Ross barkley not on the verge of a strike as he rejects city and signs a new contract at everton?

So you are upset with the board for finally(it appears) doing what you wanted them to do all along?

What has happened has happened the club can't change that. What is important is what happens in the next few weeks. If upsetting Morgan steadies the ship with regards to players leaving I can live with that.

So you do think we should sell Schneiderlin, fair enough.

Why is he not getting respect? He's got a well paid contract that he was happy to sign and has the opportunity to grow and develop his career with the club - he's done as well out of the club as the club has done out of him. If the club and him reach an agreement for his sale then fine, if they don't he should get on with the job he s contracted to do.

I do take that point for sure. I just feel that from his reaction, he was clearly not informed that the club was going to go public with the MS is absolutely not leaving line.

It's hard for the club to be firm now when you consider they let Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Chambers all get their own way.

The road you are suggesting is not a great one. I appreciate everything may not be rosey at SFC but to keep on letting players go just because they want to is insanity - there will be no players at SFC and therefore no club. My only regret in all of this is that SFC didn't send and keep to the message earlier.

No what's weird is how a happy clapper doesn't get that saying NO now is far too late, the boards position is weak by the stance they have already taken with other player sales. Morgan will get his way, its just a game of bluff now.

It's never too late, that's the point. The board can do and say as it pleases if it believes it benefits the club. Yes it is a game of bluff, absolutely, one that Morgan will have to play very carefully since right now, the Club hold all the aces

All this this player deserves this, this play deserves that, they've been good to the club. Funny how this deserving and being good is only a one way thing. Just look at what would happen if a club decided to unilaterally scrap the contract of a player one year into a 4 year term because they changed their minds.

All this this player deserves this, this play deserves that, they've been good to the club. Funny how this deserving and being good is only a one way thing. Just look at what would happen if a club decided to unilaterally scrap the contract of a player one year into a 4 year term because they changed their minds.

Yep, if you sign a contract you cant be disillusioned when you're held to that contract even against your will.

Its massively important for Saints to hold their nerve for now, even if after we sign 3-4 players we eventually let him get his own way. We cant be seen to potential signings to be making false promises in public

So you are upset with the board for finally(it appears) doing what you wanted them to do all along?

What has happened has happened the club can't change that. What is important is what happens in the next few weeks. If upsetting Morgan steadies the ship with regards to players leaving I can live with that.

if you cant figure out that I have been upset since we rolled over and let lambert go, then I cant help you

I dont know why you keep asking questions with obvious answers

He's denied himself by signing a contract extension last year. And at the top-level? We're talking Tottenham here.

Or Arsenal. Or a host of other clubs.

No-one's saying he has the legal right to move. It's just a shoddy way to treat him. The situation when he signed the contract was totally different to what we're facing now. Especially after we've let equally contracted mercenaries leave left right and centre.

Sorry, but I don't give two hoots about the CL and whether our players think that that is their natural place to be. If he thought that, then he shouldn't have signed that contract. Life's a ***** sometimes, but you have to live by the decisions and actions you make.

It's one hell of a lot of decades since contracts meant anything in football. I can understand your stance with the first few departures this summer but the context of the rest of the summer needs to be taken into account here.

Maybe Ralph is the boardroom change Guan mentioned happening tomorow .......in which case words uttered today are irrelevant .

It is with sadness that we have accepted the resignation of Ralph Kruegar , He did not speak yesterday with the permission of the board in any way .

That sounds like they'll let him go in the January window but he stays for now.

That was my take on it. Morgan helps get a few points on the board while our (hopefully) new players get used to the PL then he goes in Jan. I just don't think the club can afford to let another play leave this summer.

It's one hell of a lot of decades since contracts meant anything in football. I can understand your stance with the first few departures this summer but the context of the rest of the summer needs to be taken into account here.

And when does the context end? When would you put your foot down given the context of this summer?

Martin Lipton talking saints

pure fantasy will spend anything close to £100m

what sort of good player with the money they have 'supposedly' to spend with the players that have left will want to go their

the unity and team spirit has been utterly destroyed

such a shame what is happening to saints

picking up cheaper players, develop them and even selling the odd one on for a top price is the right thing to do

to do it whole sale in one window is madness and never done before. not done before for a reason

No-one's saying he has the legal right to move. It's just a shoddy way to treat him. The situation when he signed the contract was totally different to what we're facing now. Especially after we've let equally contracted mercenaries leave left right and centre.

So you mention him in the same breathe as mercenaries then conclude that it's Saints that are mistreating him? Hmm.

Yeah this basically. I don't think I would feel that about any other player but Morgan has given us six years service and been a model professional. It's not like chambers who has been here for 25 games. Hopefully they can sort out some compromise like Guan said.

I do take that point for sure. I just feel that from his reaction, he was clearly not informed that the club was going to go public with the MS is absolutely not leaving line.

He most likely was informed(given he supposedly had a meeting today) and wasn't happy with their stance. The chairman making a public promise to fans takes it to another level, hence his snide tweet attack. Just hoping saints have guts to hold their nerve no matter how many toys he chucks from pram. Line in the sand needs to be held.

It's never too late, that's the point. The board can do and say as it pleases if it believes it benefits the club. Yes it is a game of bluff, absolutely, one that Morgan will have to play very carefully since right now, the Club hold all the aces

Complete Tosh. We threw our aces down the pan when we buckled over Lallana, Shaw, Lovren & Chambers within a couple of weeks. You may as well add Lambert to that... Ignore the PR bull sheeet "childhood dream, couldn't deny him a dream move blah blah blah". The club have messed up big time and going by Wreck It Ralph's interview he knows it, too.

they hardly set out their stall that they are open for business, have they

LOL you just make stuff up as "fact" and then convince yourself it's true.

Your latest one goes from roos barkley turns down man city to sign a new contract at everton

To

So you mention him in the same breathe as mercenaries then conclude that it's Saints that are mistreating him? Hmm.

Yes. If you can't see the difference between the Lovren and the Schneiderlin situation you need to look harder.

That may be so, but a contract is a contract. He might get a nasty shock when he realises that they do actually mean something. (But in all honesty, I imagine he will be off).

What a spineless comment

Course you can, you can do what you want as a Club if you believe it to be of benefit for the club, shît happens - just like the pay rise you don't get 'cos the company didn't make the profit expected. What you going to do? You can't walk out as that would be breach of contract btw.

Don't think he'll walk out, but if Morgan is so key to the "core" that Krueger was talking about why do this without informing him it was happening? Like he's just going to sit there and say "Yeah, that's absolutely fine".

LOL you just make stuff up as "fact" and then convince yourself it's true.

Your latest one goes from roos barkley turns down man city to sign a new contract at everton

To

martinez has said in the local press up there that city registered their interest.

but from what I see/have read, they have not once come and and said players are free to go if they wanted.

martinez even burst out laughing at a journo when asked about city being after barkley

where as we come out and actually say the price we will sell out (in the case of morgan a week or so ago)

Edited by Batman

He most likely was informed(given he supposedly had a meeting today) and wasn't happy with their stance. The chairman making a public promise to fans takes it to another level, hence his snide tweet attack. Just hoping saints have guts to hold their nerve no matter how many toys he chucks from pram. Line in the sand needs to be held.

Yeah I reckon this. They probably told him he could leave in January maybe but he wasn't told that they were going to release all the info to the fans hence his annoyed tweet.

And when does the context end? When would you put your foot down given the context of this summer?

You'd buy as you sold wouldn't you. Then you're in some kind of bargaining position with players coming in and out. That ship has sailed so venting hate at MS at this point seems unproductive.

Yeah this basically. I don't think I would feel that about any other player but Morgan has given us six years service and been a model professional. It's not like chambers who has been here for 25 games. Hopefully they can sort out some compromise like Guan said.

But the selling has to stop somewhere surely. Unfortunately for Morgan it's now and with him and J Rod.