Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

Leave over, we were clearly negotiating with Spurs up till the Chambers fiasco went viral. He would have known that.

Yeah, quite possibly - but we hadn't accepted a bid yet. So my point stands.

Look I'm not trying to be difficult here and I would be the first to agree that the club should probably communicate better with the players, but my point above is technically correct. He is under contract and until we accept a bid, the default position is that he is our player.

Surely the club have now put down a line they can't cross? the Chairman has guaranteed on national radio that Morgan and J won't be sold how can they back track on that with out looking complete mugs? Looks like we might get to find out what happens when a want away player is forced to stay...........

Sorry but **** him, the club has to stand up behind Kruegers words now. Player power is getting too much , if he won't play stick him in the reserves, not like we need the money.

Really ****ed off with the players now, can't see what else the board can do, enough is enough , if we cave in to him then the rest will follow and they likely know that

Exactly that. Schneiderlin throwing his toys out of the pram is pretty disrespectful towards Saints.

Surely now people can see there is something horribly wrong inside the club!! Players do NOT react in this desperate way just because they wanted to move. There is another window in 6 months time so could quite simply have held out until then yet they can't bare the thought of staying.

This is what happens when you say no if a player wants to leave. Some people on saintsweb are so adamant in their ignorance. Was always going to pan out this way after Krueger's statement and previous discussion at St Mary's with Morgan.

Always going to happen with Morgan -he's our best player, been with us for 6 years and less talented players have got their moves; Chambers not so sure.

Sorry but **** him, the club has to stand up behind Kruegers words now. Player power is getting too much , if he won't play stick him in the reserves, not like we need the money.

Really ****ed off with the players now, can't see what else the board can do, enough is enough , if we cave in to him then the rest will follow and they likely know that

No we don't need the money.

Watch him get loaned out! "I did say he wasn't for sale....."

The thing for Morgan is that he must look at players like Shaw and Chambers and think they have only been in the first-team for 12-18 months but both have been granted dream moves. He has been here 6 years but his move to Spurs/Arsenal is being blocked.

Still, it is a pretty appalling reaction on twitter.

I think the ''destroyed'' comments comes from what he's now going to have to do. He's clearly now going to force a move via agents/media/striking.

He will go, and our friend Ralf will find his position untenable. But once again, I'm sure we'll hear the fact that ''he wanted to go, we want players who want to be here''. No, we know want to know why the flying **** so many want out. It's not normal, something is horrendously wrong.

Surely now people can see there is something horribly wrong inside the club!! Players do NOT react in this desperate way just because they wanted to move. There is another window in 6 months time so could quite simply have held out until then yet they can't bare the thought of staying.

6 months is probably worth about half a million quid to him

There must be something so horrible going on at the club that so many want out, this badly. It's not even a little request, it's a steaming great big hissy fit from them all.

You are sadly right. To have 7 first team starters want out in one summer period must be unprecedented unless that Club had been relegated or gone bust.

I do wonder if a contributory factor is down to the way that Reed conducts his dealings with players. Adam Blackmore said as much. At a time of great turmoil, Reed has failed to settle Cork and Fonte's contracts on top of the 5 who have left and the 2 that want out. That is 9 of the starters in turmoil.

Schneiderlin's tweet is all part of the strategy and the pre-cursor to getting his move! Remember what Ralph said on Talksport, if a player wants to move we will reevaluate, well there you go then! Bye Bye Morgan

I think the ''destroyed'' comments comes from what he's now going to have to do. He's clearly now going to force a move via agents/media/striking.

He will go, and our friend Ralf will find his position untenable. But once again, I'm sure we'll hear the fact that ''he wanted to go, we want players who want to be here''. No, we know want to know why the flying **** so many want out. It's not normal, something is horrendously wrong.

Notng is "horrendously wrong" is it.

Yeah, quite possibly - but we hadn't accepted a bid yet. So my point stands.

Look I'm not trying to be difficult here and I would be the first to agree that the club should probably communicate better with the players, but my point above is technically correct. He is under contract and until we accept a bid, the default position is that he is our player.

In board vs morgan, I'm siding with Morgan! I mean I hope they make him stay cos he's my favourite player, but I've got no problem with him mugging them off in public! I hope he gives them both barrels!

Always going to happen with Morgan -he's our best player, been with us for 6 years and less talented players have got their moves; Chambers not so sure.

Actually yeah, you're right. Morgan was just unlucky in that he didn't get sold before the ****e hit the fan. He deserved to move the most, so I can understand his reaction. But if a player wants out, they generally get their way. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

When oh when will players actually honour their contracts. No one forced them to sign it in the first place.

Frankly Morgan is totally out of order to post this, he is contracted and should act more professionally!

If he refuses,to play then play hardball with him and Spuds right up until the end of the window and get what we want - maybe player exchange plus cash?

None can blame ark for saying what we want to hear, and surely no one thinks MS is in the right to expect to be able to leave just because he wants to?

French tosser.......

Ralph presents himself as a management guru. Yet we clearly have an organisation unable to hold onto its main talent. A fatal position for any organisation to be in. Either Ralph is very distracted with other work or he really is a flake.

We will see but if he is sold after the statements today we may as well be resigned to losing Cork, Vic, Clyne, JWP etc. RK said RoKo had identified him and JayRod as core members and they would not be sold under any circumstances

Let's see what happens, I hope they are true to their word and take a stand

I posted earlier tonight that I felt the club had finally got wind of the discontent of the fan base at the exodus and that Morgan and JRod were lined up to go but they pulled the plug and launched today's PR offensive. Seems to have back-fired spectacularly.

Quite easily - it's called professionalism. Fortunately the selling has to stop somewhere.
Just another side of how s**t modern football is - not many professions where it would be deemed ok by some to vent your frustration at your employer over social media like that.

We will see but if he is sold after the statements today we may as well be resigned to losing Cork, Vic, Clyne, JWP etc. RK said RoKo had identified him and JayRod as core members and they would not be sold under any circumstances

Let's see what happens, I hope they are true to their word and take a stand

This

How is this Krueger's fault? The board have obviously done what most fans were asking for, and told our best player he isn't leaving, before announcing that decision to the media. It isn't a coincidence that Schneiderling timed his Tweet to come just after RK's interviews, with all the media attention they generated - he's trying to get maximum exposure to voice his opposition to the decision.

Board were too late to grow a backbone. Shouldn't have let Lallana get his own way. They've only got themselves to blame for this.

****s.

Exactly. They allowed a precedent to be set and now any players knows if they kick up a fuss and "don't want to be here" then we will sell them.

Schneiderlin will be the latest to leave on bad terms - a huge shame when he obviously loved playing for us and we loved having him.

If Jay can find a nasty streak he will do the same shortly.

Actually, what is Morgan going to do? Strike? I think not, he has just made the national side, he's not going to jeopardise that? Sulk and be disruptive? He will find himself in the reserve tout de suite and saying au revoir to any further caps. All he can do is get over himself and play well and hope he gets a move in January or next year.

Exactly. They allowed a precedent to be set and now any players knows if they kick up a fuss and "don't want to be here" then we will sell them.

Schneiderlin will be the latest to leave on bad terms - a huge shame when he obviously loved playing for us and we loved having him.

Surely if he does leave Ralph has to resign?

Jay really doesn't have the same problem, he can't play just now and the time up until January will pass away quickly enough. He's also on a shorter contract.

Jau

Completely unprofessional from Morgan. Needs to understand that he is contracted to the club and if we say he can't leave, he doesn't leave.

It is unprofessional but I would think it is very likely he was told he could go at the right price and that would be to Spurs with negotiations clearly at an advanced stage then at the 11th hour to have the rug pulled. I guess he's a little peeved.