Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

A saints fan on a phone-in has come up with a good idea to try and salvage some competition in the prem

positions 4-7 should be in a playoff for the final champions league spot

it will at least make it a bit more competitive for everyone else

Morgan has changed since he started playing for France....seriously though, the way i feel right now, I'd get them all in a room & tell whoever wants to go, just **** off right now. I'd rather play with a group of academy kids & club legends like Kelvin Davis than this bunch of ****s. They are a disgrace to the Saints shirt.

This

A saints fan on a phone-in has come up with a good idea to try and salvage some competition in the prem

Mentioned that a while back on here.

That would be great

Would have the same effect the playoffs have had in the NPC - it means that tons of teams still have a chance of reaching the big time, even with weeks left. Would level the playing field and make things so much more interesting. That way, every club has kind of got a chance to get into the CL. Seeing as that seems to be the be all and end all for every player on the planet...

Morgan has changed since he started playing for France....seriously though, the way i feel right now, I'd get them all in a room & tell whoever wants to go, just **** off right now. I'd rather play with a group of academy kids & club legends like Kelvin Davis than this bunch of ****s. They are a disgrace to the Saints shirt.

If I was Morgan I'd want to leave, only natural to want a new experience after 6 years at the club

Well he is clearly not captain material (for Saints or anyone else down the line) with such an unprofessional public outburst.

Grow up Morgan.

What did you expect? It seems that the vast majority of footballers these days are graceless, emotional ****wits so why should Schneiderlin be any different? Truly he ****ted on Twitter

Poor old Morgan's been denied a move, what a tragedy.

Looks like he's going to have to slum it on 40k a week or probably something close.

I'm glad I haven't been putting any of my hard earned the way of these spoilt brats over the last couple of seasons, they haven't got a bloody clue about the real world out there.

He's also pretty stupid posting to the world how he feels when emotions amongst the fan base are riding high.

The greed is getting sickening.

Excellent suggestion

Top 7 is still very very hard to break into. We had a top team last season and still finished way off.

Chelsea, man city, spurs, everton, liverpool, man united and arsenal have dominated the top 7 spots for years. Only Newcastle and Villa have broken the trend in recent years and were then stripped of player assets like weve been.

French Journo who said club is for sale says tonight Morgan was promised a move earlier this summer and is now annoyed at the revised stance.

That was probably before the board decided to sell everyone else, and now actually realise we need a competitive team.

Because there cant possibly be anything wrong with the great southampton football club....

maybe there are things wrong with the great southampton, but he has a contract and for damn sure if he crashes his car on his way home from training and smashes his knee finishing his career tonight you know what will happen? he will expect saints to pay out the remainder of his contract.

two way street , we dont want to sell him and as such he has commited to this club for better or worse. in my view tough **** its not his decision when and if we chise to sell.

Good idea and has merit.

Top 7 is still very very hard to break into. We had a top team last season and still finished way off.

Chelsea, man city, spurs, everton, liverpool, man united and arsenal have dominated the top 7 spots for years. Only Newcastle and Villa have broken the trend in recent years and were then stripped of player assets like weve been.

Fulham, Bolton too.

Either way, it would have to be incremental so it could be sold politically.

Pointing to the experience of Newcastle and Villa doesn't show anything - they didn't have the benefit of a playoff system that might have been an incentive to stay put.

Martin Lipton talking saints

pure fantasy will spend anything close to £100m

what sort of good player with the money they have 'supposedly' to spend with the players that have left will want to go their

the unity and team spirit has been utterly destroyed

such a shame what is happening to saints

picking up cheaper players, develop them and even selling the odd one on for a top price is the right thing to do

to do it whole sale in one window is madness and never done before. not done before for a reason

This is spot on and the reason it has never been done before will become obvious with each day passing

They probably did talk to him.

Posters have stated on this board over and over again for the last few weeks that the club should just say "no" to a player that wants to move - they've just done that and this is the reaction they get - bit of a no win situation.

Agreed, at some point the club has to come first. Fair play to the club, player under contract so we have to do what's right for the team. Reckon Ron might have put his foot down.

French Journo who said club is for sale says tonight Morgan was promised a move earlier this summer and is now annoyed at the revised stance.

I am note sure why Morgan would say not 4 weeks ago that he would not ask for a move if it is true that he had been granted one already?

Anyway, after this tantrum I would call in the PFA and tell them to keep their members in check and remind them that they have a contract which they willingly signed. To say that it is unprofessional is putting it mildly.

The complete lack of respect a number of players have shown to the supporters has been a disgrace.

Be careful what you wish for. Might not seem so appealing when we sit bottom of the table with fewer points than a triangle.

I like Morgan, he's been great, seems like a nice enough guy but I'm really sick of players showing so little respect to clubs and fans and forcing moves. If you want to leave, put in a transfer request, talk to the club, don't make *****y tweets. At worst, be professional, run out your contract and leave for free or cheap with a year left.

Yeah but if it's true that he was promised a move, I wouldn't be happy either.

And maybe sir could perhaps pay an extra lump of coal on Christmas evening per chance. Just a small one.

Little Timmy lost his nose to the cold last December.

It would be an elastoplast for a gunshot wound.

This is spot on and the reason it has never been done before will become obvious with each day passing

But it has been done? Anytime a team threatens the top 7 they get broken up.

Villa finished 5th in 2009/10 and soon lost Barry, Zat Knight, Sidwell, Milner, Curtis Davies and later Downing and Ashley Young.

Newcastle broke the top 7 dominance in 2011/12 and soon lost Enrique, Nolan, Routledge and later Demba Ba

The top 7 clubs have been dominating the top spots for years and will continue to do so. Everton are the only vulnerable side in that top 7, the rest are locked in until the next Man C come along (FFP has made sure that wont happen however)

Only way out now is a European League, leave the clubs like Saints, swansea, villa to fight it out on an even(ish) playing field

Edited by Heisenberg

But it has been done? Anytime a team that threatens the top 7 clubs get broken up.

Villa finished 5th in 2009/10 and soon lost Barry, Zat Knight, Sidwell, Milner, Curtis Davies and later Downing and Ashley Young.

Newcastle broke the top 7 dominance in 2011/12 and soon lost Enrique, Nolan, Routledge and later Demba Ba

The top 7 clubs have been dominating the top spots for years and will continue to do so.

Newcastle weren't broken up in any real sense. Nolan went to Wham. Enrique and Routledge weren't even there when they finished 5th.

Edited by shurlock

If I was Morgan I'd want to leave, only natural to want a new experience after 6 years at the club

This I am afraid, and I don't want to appear to be rude, is an utterly moronic statement. If he wanted a new experience then he shouldn't have signed a contract keeping him at the club for a few more years. Now the thing people never seem to take into account is the "opportunity cost", so to speak, to the club of people breaking their contracts. It makes things damned hard to plan for if everyone is off at their own whim. Sure Lovren buggered off after 10 months, but life Morgan, is not fair. You are 24, and you will learn (hopefully) rather than be the archetypical **** of a pro footballer.

Ralph's credibility (if he is deemed to have any left) hinges on whether Schneiderlin stays or not now. Have a feeling the battle-lines have been drawn and we will just have to roll with any unpleasantness Morgan stirs up.

If he is really concerned about his chances with the French squad then he's not going to be picked sulking on the sidelines, so he should just knuckle down and get on with things. I sympathise with his position because it must be frustrating to watch the likes of Chambers get his dream move before he does, but the way he has reacted is totally embarrassing for all involved. I'm sure we will allow him to move on next summer should he gives us one more year. Hopefully he comes to accept that without any more twitter episodes.

The thing it might do is placate Koeman. Board have come out with a fairly robust statement setting out how it will be. Morgan has replied with a pithy (and if I might say, childish) statement.

But frankly, Morgan and the international career bit, if that is a concern, he is wrong. Our side was packed full of internationals, and who exactly missed out going to the WC because they played for us? The only person anyone might say is Fonte, but then, Portuguese CBs were more experienced and (possibly/probably) better than him,

Only part worth anything.

Compromise... only worked out in last 24 hours.

Probably a good idea to have told Morgan first. Now even that is in doubt.

I would tell him to knuckle down and if he still feels the same can move on next summer like Suarez.....NOT JANUARY