Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

Thank God British Universities offer such useful courses! Modern Drama should qualify you for a wonderful, fulfilling career as a Bus conductor.

Fine choice!

Failing that he will join many others and have a fine career on here over many years with such professional training in creating multiple personas.

well I certainly didn't expect to be posting this on a Saintsweb forum but for what it's worth "a taste of honey" also provided the line "it's my life to ruin my own way" on Morrissey's Maladjusted single, Alma Matters... although strictly speaking the line in the play was "wreck", not "ruin"...

I'm doing Modern Drama as one of my subjects in my final year at uni, and I think for the first time in my life I have combined my studies, my love of Saints and my taste in music in a single post!

PS I bumped into Les Reed in the Men's Room at St Mary's and he reckons Gardos is a huge Smiths fan, and that's part of the reason he wants to come to the UK

PPS Not really

Enjoy the moment. The stance of 90% of this forum means that education for education's sake will never be appreciated. Great post by the way.

well I certainly didn't expect to be posting this on a Saintsweb forum but for what it's worth "a taste of honey" also provided the line "it's my life to ruin my own way" on Morrissey's Maladjusted single, Alma Matters... although strictly speaking the line in the play was "wreck", not "ruin"...

I'm doing Modern Drama as one of my subjects in my final year at uni, and I think for the first time in my life I have combined my studies, my love of Saints and my taste in music in a single post!

PS I bumped into Les Reed in the Men's Room at St Mary's and he reckons Gardos is a huge Smiths fan, and that's part of the reason he wants to come to the UK

PPS Not really

He does sing both "wreck" and "ruin" in the song, though, so worry no more.

A translation:

UPDATE. 10 august, ora 21:20 / Florin Gardoş pleacă la Southampton! Este sigur! Sursele FANATIK.RO au d... More

UPDATE. August 10, at 9:20 p.m. / Florin Gardoş go to Southampton! Is it safe!

Swap to RomanianUPDATE. August 10, at 9:20 p.m. / Florin Gardoş go to Southampton! Is it safe! Sources revealed that Gigi Becali FANATIK.RO gave tonight, consent to the transfer of the defender immediately to Southampton Star! The Stopera not enter into the calculations for the play-off Champions League with Ludogoreţ, British Florin Star expressly requested to be passed immediately under the supervision of medical staff of the British in the near future! Moreover, immediately after a new series of medical tests, Florin Gardoş will sign the contract with Southampton and the two clubs will stamp written agreement. UPDATE. 10 August, 00:30 / kick Ghencea theater! Florin Guard was in England during the day Saturday, where he conducted medical examination for Southampton, the British were extremely concerned, besides the normal tests, the injury suffered by Stopera Star! - See more at: http://www.fanatik.ro/

Romanian media reporting he is Southampton player.

http://www.fanatik.ro/gardos-10-275123?mobile=v4#ad-image-0

Says a deal is agreed and he will undergo another medical to check his injury out and then will sign a contract. Wonder how long before he could play for us?

Slightly contradicts some of the comments that he has already had the medical. However: Excellent. :)

Charlie George anyone?

I know it's not what you are going on about but, still remember him taking a penalty and blazing it so far over the bar that it ended up in Milton Road (well that might be an exaggeration, but it was the worst penalty I have ever witnessed).

A translation:

UPDATE. 10 august, ora 21:20 / Florin Gardoş pleacă la Southampton! Este sigur! Sursele FANATIK.RO au d... More

UPDATE. August 10, at 9:20 p.m. / Florin Gardoş go to Southampton! Is it safe!

Swap to RomanianUPDATE. August 10, at 9:20 p.m. / Florin Gardoş go to Southampton! Is it safe! Sources revealed that Gigi Becali FANATIK.RO gave tonight, consent to the transfer of the defender immediately to Southampton Star! The Stopera not enter into the calculations for the play-off Champions League with Ludogoreţ, British Florin Star expressly requested to be passed immediately under the supervision of medical staff of the British in the near future! Moreover, immediately after a new series of medical tests, Florin Gardoş will sign the contract with Southampton and the two clubs will stamp written agreement. UPDATE. 10 August, 00:30 / kick Ghencea theater! Florin Guard was in England during the day Saturday, where he conducted medical examination for Southampton, the British were extremely concerned, besides the normal tests, the injury suffered by Stopera Star! - See more at: http://www.fanatik.ro/

Enthusiastic bunch ain't they

Slightly contradicts some of the comments that he has already had the medical. However: Excellent. :)

Think it confirms it albeit on a different day, the assumption is we had concerns at said medical.

"Florin Guard was in England during the day Saturday, where he conducted medical examination for Southampton"

Think it confirms it albeit on a different day, the assumption is we had concerns at said medical.

"Florin Guard was in England during the day Saturday, where he conducted medical examination for Southampton"

A fair point. And seeing as how he has not played much recently, prudent.

Morally, I'm slightly concerned that our money is going to Gigi Becali's coffers.

(google him but essentially he's a racist, homophobic, corrupt, anti-semitic, violent crooked politician-cum-football club owner)

Bet their are few posters on here he would happily swap him for KL if promised to spend **** loads to get us to the CL.............

Did some digging and it would appear that Gardos' injury is cranium localum. It is an affliction suffered previously by both Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers, where you head is temporarily detached from your body and often in a completely different city.

The remedy is simple. Allow the body to rejoin it at it's own request, experimental and costly but effective.

Did some digging and it would appear that Gardos' injury is cranium localum. It is an affliction suffered previously by both Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers, where you head is temporarily detached from your body and often in a completely different city.

The remedy is simple. Allow the body to rejoin it at it's own request, experimental and costly but effective.

That's very funny George

Morally, I'm slightly concerned that our money is going to Gigi Becali's coffers.

(google him but essentially he's a racist, homophobic, corrupt, anti-semitic, violent crooked politician-cum-football club owner)

Best pass his details on to Pompey. Sounds a perfect fit.

A variant of the much more common affliction of cranium posterium.

I had a peak. When your controversies are longer than the rest of your wiki page then you are generally a bad egg. He said he would never have a gay footballer at SB,,,,, luckily there are none then! ;)

I do kinda agree that its preferable to do business away from idiots, but maybe Gardos wants out for some of those reasons, we never know. ( then again he might not give a t%$£).

As of the final FM 2014 updated data file:

CA 128 PA 150

Positioning 15

Jumping 16

Acceleration 10

Pace 12

Marking 14

Tackling 14

Determination 10

Does this help?

Not having a go here but do people really rate players based on their ratings in a game?

Not having a go here but do people really rate players based on their ratings in a game?

I would think that FM ratings of players are about as valuable as a source of information about a player as the opinions of a single competent scout. There might be some slight bit of additional value due to the fact that the game publisher gets feedback from fans and does sometimes make changes on that basis.

On the other hand, they do rate players based upon the teams they play for too. Rickie Lambert, for example went from CA 117 PA 125 in the first FM 2012 database to CA 142 PA 145 in the most recent database. (CA is current ability on a scale that tops out at 200. PA is potential ability on that same scale. Messi is CA 196 PA 199. Ronaldo is CA 192 PA 193.)

I don't have easy access to an editor for the earlier versions of the game I own, but I am sure League One Rickie Lambert is significantly lower rated that Championship Rickie Lambert. In other words, he went from a good league 1 player to a average premier league player. I would expect his ratings to be higher as a Liverpool player. Up until this year I always found Lambert useless in the premier league. In FM 2013 Sharp and Lee were my starting strikers during the first premier league season.

More importantly, however, when playing the game I have no choice but to rate players based upon their in game ratings (although not the CA and PA which are hidden statistics that I do not look up when playing.)

for everything else theres a lovely quote..................brilliant mate just brilliant mad me chuckle.

I would think that FM ratings of players are about as valuable as a source of information about a player as the opinions of a single competent scout. There might be some slight bit of additional value due to the fact that the game publisher gets feedback from fans and does sometimes make changes on that basis.

On the other hand, they do rate players based upon the teams they play for too. Rickie Lambert, for example went from CA 117 PA 125 in the first FM 2012 database to CA 142 PA 145 in the most recent database. (CA is current ability on a scale that tops out at 200. PA is potential ability on that same scale. Messi is CA 196 PA 199. Ronaldo is CA 192 PA 193.)

I don't have easy access to an editor for the earlier versions of the game I own, but I am sure League One Rickie Lambert is significantly lower rated that Championship Rickie Lambert. In other words, he went from a good league 1 player to a average premier league player. I would expect his ratings to be higher as a Liverpool player. Up until this year I always found Lambert useless in the premier league. In FM 2013 Sharp and Lee were my starting strikers during the first premier league season.

More importantly, however, when playing the game I have no choice but to rate players based upon their in game ratings (although not the CA and PA which are hidden statistics that I do not look up when playing.)

I guess I undersold the value of FM in evaluating players in the real world:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4172443.ece