Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

But of course the people using this puerile insult don't use it in that context. Why would they infer that somebody was a mongrel when they can really insult somebody and cause massive offence to the parents of Down's sydrome children at the same time?

Doesn't bother me one jot and I have twin daughters with Downs.

The appeal was ignored so the new strategy is to sidetrack the discussion and talk about songs for Gardos. My best bet would be "Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah" that has the line:

"Let the fiery, cloudy pillar guard us to this holy home."

Obviously Gardos is the pillar and St Mary's the holy home. Perfect? Yes, I know...

The use of this word really should be stamped out. An infraction for its use ought to do the trick.

But where do you stop? I have a kid with Angelman Syndrome so he would fall under the category of being a "retard" that insult that is so flippantly used by so many these days. To be honest, life throws enough challenges up that you realise what is important and someone calling someone else a retard really doesn't even register on the scale save to show someone's ignorance.

Anyway, looking forward to signing another CB.

You'd think if we really want him and he has supposedly passed a medical, that this could be tied up in the next couple of days. Rojo is clearly a no go so Gardos might be our only option. A Romanian I work with thinks he is good enough to play for a top four side, sounds promising

Most things have the potential to offend someone. The key is the context in which something is said.

And some people are over sensitive and are PC warriors.

Personally I'm in between, I feel that makes me normal, which I'm comfortable with.

Bearsy

Do you have permission to use your title ?

I see some. Lawyers representing a company who are linked to Bear Grylls have asked a knife manufacturer to change its name because it features the name Bear blades . The owner has agreed. To this as they do not have the inclination or energy to challenge faceless lawyers

Meanwhile has Florin been announced

The owner has contacted bear who is personally looking into it for them

Article here:

http://www.fanatik.ro/gardos-10-275123

Suggests £6M fee, Steaua to give an answer today. It sounds like they are ok with the fee but not so keen on releasing him immediately with a CL qualifier coming up. Though it does seem a problem on agreeing a sell-on clause - Saints offering 2% - SB want 10-15%.

Can't we just agree to play them in a friendly in Bucharest one week when there is an International Break?

Preferably when it is hissing with rain and cold?

Would LOVE another trip back there it was massive!

Article here:

Suggests £6M fee, Steaua to give an answer today. It sounds like they are ok with the fee but not so keen on releasing him immediately with a CL qualifier coming up. Though it does seem a problem on agreeing a sell-on clause - Saints offering 2% - SB want 10-15%.

Good spot that, cheers.

Can I ask, what Smiths single is that in your avatar? I do not recognise. :?

Can't quite tell but to my eye it looks either like 'Shoplifters of the world unite' or 'let there be bombs' but I really can't tell for certain.

Not either of them (guess you mean Louder than Bombs). Not sure what it is, but it's not any major single/album release. Intrigued!

Can't quite tell but to my eye it looks either like 'Shoplifters of the world unite' or 'let there be bombs' but I really can't tell for certain.

Shoplifters was Elvis and Louder than Bombs was Shelagh Delaney (who wrote 'A Taste of Honey' that Hand in Glove rips a lot of the lyrics from).

Never seen the one above before, so guessing it might be part of some re-packaged anthology released in the States or something.

Shoplifters was Elvis and Louder than Bombs was Shelagh Delaney (who wrote 'A Taste of Honey' that Hand in Glove rips a lot of the lyrics from).

Never seen the one above before, so guessing it might be part of some re-packaged anthology released in the States or something.

....A Taste of Honey provided plenty of lines for "This Night Has Opened My Eyes", too.

Our Jay Rod might know the answer to where that sleeve is from, of course.

Article here:

I love the baffling translation of that story, especially "Adam Lallana was bought by cormorants".

There's another article on that site where the Bucharest Chairman confirms he is going and says he is more suited to the PL than Chiriches, has a better physique than him in addition to the technical ability. He isn't going to play in their upcoming European qualifier.

I guess we can expect an announcement around 10pm then?

well I certainly didn't expect to be posting this on a Saintsweb forum but for what it's worth "a taste of honey" also provided the line "it's my life to ruin my own way" on Morrissey's Maladjusted single, Alma Matters... although strictly speaking the line in the play was "wreck", not "ruin"...

I'm doing Modern Drama as one of my subjects in my final year at uni, and I think for the first time in my life I have combined my studies, my love of Saints and my taste in music in a single post!

PS I bumped into Les Reed in the Men's Room at St Mary's and he reckons Gardos is a huge Smiths fan, and that's part of the reason he wants to come to the UK

PPS Not really

There's another article on that site where the Bucharest Chairman confirms he is going and says he is more suited to the PL than Chiriches, has a better physique than him in addition to the technical ability. He isn't going to play in their upcoming European qualifier.

The translation from the earlier link was that their Chairman wanted Gardos to play in their CL qualifier and wanted a 25% sell on clause. Saints had offered 2% (!) sell on, wanted Gardos now and had given their Chairman until today to make a decision.