Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

It's a massive, massive ask expecting to him step in and be an automatic starting CB.

Would be happy if we signed or took on loan a 2nd CB to be on the safe side.

In fact the only thing to do now is wait and see how we get on on Sunday and then recalibrate our last 2 weeks of the window targets. Don't think panic buying "maybe" Roumanian CBs is the way to go, then again for 5 million £ what difference can it make, if he's better than Jos it's a step forward.

It's a massive, massive ask expecting to him step in and be an automatic starting CB. On paper it's a downgrade on Lovren.

Would be happy if we signed or took on loan a 2nd CB to be on the safe side.

As it turns out perhaps, but last summer we had no clue as to how good Lovren was either.

He was a CB but largely rotting as an "in/out" player at Lyon and was not even guaranteed to be a number one choice for his country either - That Schildenhaeur bloke seemed to be ahead of him at the time.

But as we know he turned into a fine player for us.

No reason to beleive Gardos would not do so either - Lets face it does anybody on here know his play better than they knew Lovrens when he played for Lyon?? Not too many takers there I guess.

the lowdown from my Romanian work colleague -

"Gardos would be good for the premier league I think. He's good in the air, he's relatively techincal (not as much as Chiriches, but doesn't take that many risks either). A tall and dominating player. He's been injured for a few weeks though, and has been sent off for a couple of nasty fouls, so he can lose his cool. I hope he'll stay though, we need him in the champions league"

Based on nothing whatsoever I've got a feeling this guy could be a real find. Then again, I thought that Oscar Gobern would develop into a world beater. It would be great to have someone nailed down next to Jose at the back. Unlikely to feature against Lpool, but if he does sign we need him and Jose to strike up a partnership rather quickly. We need all the points we can get from our relatively 'easy' games at the start of the season.

the lowdown from my Romanian work colleague -

"Gardos would be good for the premier league I think. He's good in the air, he's relatively techincal (not as much as Chiriches, but doesn't take that many risks either). A tall and dominating player. He's been injured for a few weeks though, and has been sent off for a couple of nasty fouls, so he can lose his cool. I hope he'll stay though, we need him in the champions league"

Based on nothing whatsoever I've got a feeling this guy could be a real find. Then again, I thought that Oscar Gobern would develop into a world beater. It would be great to have someone nailed down next to Jose at the back. Unlikely to feature against Lpool, but if he does sign we need him and Jose to strike up a partnership rather quickly. We need all the points we can get from our relatively 'easy' games at the start of the season.

Without doubting your colleagues judgement many do just not realise how good you need to be to play in the PL. The only real test is playing in it. With the deart of good CBs just one capable of performing correctly week in week out in the PL for 5 million £ will be a real find.

Without doubting your colleagues judgement many do just not realise how good you need to be to play in the PL. The only real test is playing in it. With the deart of good CBs just one capable of performing correctly week in week out in the PL for 5 million £ will be a real find.

Totally agree - worth noting my mate is a big Steaua fan, so likely to be bias! My colleague said he wouldn't be able to chose between Gardos and Chiriches when watching them both for Steaua, so maybe thats a benchmark for his 'quality'. That saying I've hardly seen anythig of Chiriches

Without doubting your judgement, I'd suggest that Koemann might know a thing or two about what to look for in a central defender.

At that price i'd suggest our much celebrated scouting network has unearthed another rough diamond. I'd worry if he was around the £12-15m mark.

At that price i'd suggest our much celebrated scouting network has unearthed another rough diamond. I'd worry if he was around the £12-15m mark.

Yep, I'm hoping they've found one,and he develops into a player more of the Lovren standard than Liptak.

On SSN Transfer Centre:

16:22

We are hearing that Romanian defender Florin Gardos, currently on the books of Steaua Bucharest, is undergoing a medical at Southampton and is poised to become Ronald Koeman's sixth summer signing.

heard this also not via sky though

Gardoş just waiting for a sign from his agent, who is in England to go to Southampton to visit medical and...

More

Swap to RomanianGardoş just waiting for a sign from his agent, who is in England to go to Southampton to visit medical and sign a contract for five seasons with the "Saints"

Florin Garda (25) is very close to a transfer to Southampton, the team who finished in 8th place in the Premier League last season, but this season has a new coach, Ronald Koeman, which binds hopes more a high performance. The agent representing the Romanian defender is almost a week in England, but the talks confirmed the Dutch technician, not initial the paper and yet, as Southampton also seeks another footballer, Marcos Rojo (24), Argentine who impressed at the World Cup this year in Brazil, where national vice out.

...and is he hungry??

I see that he was born in Satu Mare in Transylvania, home to Count Dracula. Suarez likes to take a bite now and then, so can we believe Florin likes to suck..............blood!!! :)

Some say that Transylvania sits on one of Earth's strongest magnetic fields and its people have extra-sensory perception. Vampires are believed to hang around crossroads on St. George's Day, April 23, and the eve of St. Andrew, November 29. The area is also home to Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it's easy to get caught up in the tale while driving along winding roads through dense, dark, ancient forests and over mountain passes.

Dracula is literally translated in Gaelic as Drac Ullah meaning bad blood.

Tales of the supernatural had been circulating in Romanian folklore for centuries when Irish writer Bram Stoker picked up the thread and spun it into a golden tale of ghoulishness that has never been out of print since its first publication in 1897. To research his immortal tale, Stoker immersed himself in the history, lore and legends of Transylvania, which he called a “whirlpool for the imagination.”

Count Dracula, a fictional character in the Dracula novel, was inspired by one of the best-known figures of Romanian history, Vlad Dracula, nicknamed Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler), who was the ruler of Walachia at various times from 1456-1462. Born in 1431 in Sighisoara, he resided all his adult life in Walachia, except for periods of imprisonment at Pest and Visegrad (in Hungary)

:lol: Brilliant.

The Forum is famous now

Gardoş just waiting for a sign from his agent, who is in England , to go to Southampton to visit medical and sign a contract for five seasons with the "Saints"

Florin Garda (25) is very close to a transfer to Southampton, the team who finished in 8th place in the Premier League last season, but this season has a new coach, Ronald Koeman, which binds hopes more a high performance. The agent representing the Romanian defender is almost a week in England, but the talks confirmed the Dutch technician, not initial the paper and yet, as Southampton also seeks another footballer, Marcos Rojo (24), Argentine who impressed at the World Cup this year in Brazil , where national vice out.

Sporting refused the first offer for Rojo. He put "devil" tail

The good news is that Sporting Lisbon fence yet refused the offer of 9.5 million pounds (about 12 million) for The International Argentine national who left fullback was used, but the club team has developed the most Central defender marking. It's hard to believe that Southampton will offer more, because Ronald Koeman said recently that he does not like to bid. In addition, Manchester United seems to have entered on the line and blow it on Rojo "Saints".

Rojo was one of the defenders who stood out in the latest edition of the World Cup

"He broke the leg of an opponent. Welcome, Florin!"

Southampton's fans forum, http://www.saintsweb.co.uk , created a topic named Romanian football player. Opinions are divided. Fans would be more satisfied if Koeman would bring Rojo "would prefer cheaper solution called guard". But the novel, which would cost, according to British media, just over 5.6 million, enjoys the support of other British. "Guard seems a useful footballer and always liked surprising transfers. Can anything good come out of it, "commented" Palstic ". Someone with the nickname "Saint Fan Cam" reminded others Very Happy and ugly episode Fence: "It should remember that in 2011, the fence was suspended 10 games because he broke an opponent's leg. Florin, welcome to Saint Mary (No - the name of the stadium that evolves "Saints"). " Another admired his physique impressed fence measuring 1.94 meters, and exclaimed, "It looks like a beast." Another supporter, "Foxstone" commented: "It is Romanian? That means you are happy with the ball at his feet and has some technical. I think that's good, right? I know nothing about it but just did not know any about Lovren (note - this summer bought Liverpool 20 million pounds - about 25.2 million euros). "

4.5 million pounds, the equivalent of 5.67 million euros, is the number of clearance transfer Southampton discussing English press

Florin Gardoş

Post: can perform either a central defender or midfielder closing

Height: 1.94 m.

Romanian National: 1 2 selections / 0 goals

Marcos Rojo

Post: can perform either a central defender or left fullback

Height: 1.89 m.

Nation Argentina: 28 selections / 1 goal

As great as it is to read English translations of these articles, imagine how hilarious it must have been for them to translate this site into Romanian.

How do you translate "bedwetting" into Romanian?

All agreed and ready to sign according to the Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2722306/Florin-Gardos-agrees-Southampton-switch-Ronald-Koeman-ramps-transfer-plans.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Florin Gardos agrees Southampton switch as Ronald Koeman ramps up transfer plans

Saints set to wrap up signing of £6million Steaua Bucharest defender

Gardos will replace Dejan Lovren after he quit St Mary's to join Liverpool

Ronald Koeman also interested in landing Lazio defender Senad Lulic

By Simon Jones

Published: 21:20 GMT, 11 August 2014 | Updated: 23:20 GMT, 11 August 2014

Southampton have agreed terms with Florin Gardos ahead of his £6million move from Steaua Bucharest.

The 25-year-old centre-back has undergone his medical at St Mary's and will replace Dejan Lovren, who signed for Liverpool in a £20m deal last month.

Southampton bound: Florin Gardos has agreed a £6m switch to St Maty's

+3

Southampton bound: Florin Gardos has agreed a £6m switch to St Maty's

Champions League experience: Gardos tries in vain to stop Demba Ba scoring for Chelsea in 2013

+3

Champions League experience: Gardos tries in vain to stop Demba Ba scoring for Chelsea in 2013

Gardos has made 122 appearances for Bucharest during his four years at the club and has also been capped 11 times by Romania.

Meanwhile, Saints boss Ronald Koeman has also enquired about Lazio defender Senad Lulic, 28, as his bid to sign Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon continues to stall.

Koeman will also increase his bid for Leeds right-back Sam Byram with the West Yorkshire club rejecting an initial offer in the region of £4.5million for their player.

Busy: Saints boss Ronald Koeman is stepping up his squad rebuilding at St Mary's

+3

Busy: Saints boss Ronald Koeman is stepping up his squad rebuilding at St Mary's

All agreed and ready to sign according to the Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2722306/Florin-Gardos-agrees-Southampton-switch-Ronald-Koeman-ramps-transfer-plans.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Ronald Koeman also interested in landing Lazio defender Senad Lulic

Left back or left winger? Suppose it beats getting a right winger from Rome!

The Forum is famous now

Gardoş just waiting for a sign from his agent, who is in England , to go to Southampton to visit medical and sign a contract for five seasons with the "Saints"

Florin Garda (25) is very close to a transfer to Southampton, the team who finished in 8th place in the Premier League last season, but this season has a new coach, Ronald Koeman, which binds hopes more a high performance. The agent representing the Romanian defender is almost a week in England, but the talks confirmed the Dutch technician, not initial the paper and yet, as Southampton also seeks another footballer, Marcos Rojo (24), Argentine who impressed at the World Cup this year in Brazil , where national vice out.

Sporting refused the first offer for Rojo. He put "devil" tail

The good news is that Sporting Lisbon fence yet refused the offer of 9.5 million pounds (about 12 million) for The International Argentine national who left fullback was used, but the club team has developed the most Central defender marking. It's hard to believe that Southampton will offer more, because Ronald Koeman said recently that he does not like to bid. In addition, Manchester United seems to have entered on the line and blow it on Rojo "Saints".

Rojo was one of the defenders who stood out in the latest edition of the World Cup

"He broke the leg of an opponent. Welcome, Florin!"

Southampton's fans forum, http://www.saintsweb.co.uk , created a topic named Romanian football player. Opinions are divided. Fans would be more satisfied if Koeman would bring Rojo "would prefer cheaper solution called guard". But the novel, which would cost, according to British media, just over 5.6 million, enjoys the support of other British. "Guard seems a useful footballer and always liked surprising transfers. Can anything good come out of it, "commented" Palstic ". Someone with the nickname "Saint Fan Cam" reminded others Very Happy and ugly episode Fence: "It should remember that in 2011, the fence was suspended 10 games because he broke an opponent's leg. Florin, welcome to Saint Mary (No - the name of the stadium that evolves "Saints"). " Another admired his physique impressed fence measuring 1.94 meters, and exclaimed, "It looks like a beast." Another supporter, "Foxstone" commented: "It is Romanian? That means you are happy with the ball at his feet and has some technical. I think that's good, right? I know nothing about it but just did not know any about Lovren (note - this summer bought Liverpool 20 million pounds - about 25.2 million euros). "

4.5 million pounds, the equivalent of 5.67 million euros, is the number of clearance transfer Southampton discussing English press

Florin Gardoş

Post: can perform either a central defender or midfielder closing

Height: 1.94 m.

Romanian National: 1 2 selections / 0 goals

Marcos Rojo

Post: can perform either a central defender or left fullback

Height: 1.89 m.

Nation Argentina: 28 selections / 1 goal

:lol: