Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

Florin Gardos is booked on a flight from Bucharest to London - landing tomorrow morning.

Explains why Jos and Morgan were in Londinium. They're part of the office "new hire" committee and will want to show Gardos all that the UK has to offer, especially its vast rail network.

http://www.fanatik.ro/gardos-10-275123?mobile=v4#ad-image-0

He spoke this morning at the Airport in Bucharest to say the move is a dream come true.

Florin Guard left this morning for England to stamp valid contract with the group next three seasons in the Premier League, Southampton.

"I am very happy. I was fulfilled a dream, it's great to get to play in the Premier League. It's summer transfer in Romania, "said former star quarterback of the departure airport Henri Coanda.

It is frustrating but these sort of deals are so complicated. Look at the Sunderland Borini farce, it happens to all clubs who aren't Man Utd/Chelsea, Real or Barca.

Nothing is ever completed that quickly, and what we see now is a world of twitter and the internet, where the start of any negotiations are leaked. So naturally it looks like it drags, but the entire process these days is out there in the media. In reality, we sign players at the same rate as other clubs.

Florin Guard left this morning for England to stamp valid contract with the group next three seasons in the Premier League, Southampton.

"I am very happy. I was fulfilled a dream, it's great to get to play in the Premier League. It's summer transfer in Romania, "said former star quarterback of the departure airport Henri Coanda.

So he played American football for an airport?! We've already got an NHL rep, why not get the NFL on board as well...

Nothing is ever completed that quickly, and what we see now is a world of twitter and the internet, where the start of any negotiations are leaked. So naturally it looks like it drags, but the entire process these days is out there in the media. In reality, we sign players at the same rate as other clubs.

Very good point.

Gone are the days when Lawrie Mac used to just lock his office door until he'd agree terms with whoever.

Yeah, whatever.

This is turning into Skacel proportions, just like every damn transfer involving us does.

This thread was started six days ago, which was the first most of us heard about it. SIX DAYS. We are no different than any other club, or business when handing over millions of pounds.

Yeah, whatever.

This is turning into Skacel proportions, just like every damn transfer involving us does.

It is frustrating but these sort of deals are so complicated. Look at the Sunderland Borini farce, it happens to all clubs who aren't Man Utd/Chelsea, Real or Barca.

It even happens to Man City. Look at their efforts to sign Mangala. It was supposed to be in January, but fell through. Then City announced it last month on their website and showed a video of him signing. Only it didn't happen until this week.

Quite unlike Alpine to be impatient. :mcinnes:

This thread was started six days ago, which was the first most of us heard about it. SIX DAYS. We are no different than any other club, or business when handing over millions of pounds.

That idea of the 'New York minute' seems to happen to anxious fans in the transfer window. The constant checking of threads/the wider internet for new bits of drip-fed information and rumours as if it will yield something. Went away for a few days recently and returned home rationally thinking that there can't be many new developments in such a short time.

Now the internet is before me again, I have lost all perspective and get frustrated when my ~hourly refresh of the OS/twitter produces nothing.

Would say this is the most important signing of the summer and the impact Gardos has (positive or negative) will go a long way to determining how we do this season.

Still think its crazy given the cash we have brought in that we havent signed two centre backs. There will be plenty of players in Europe better than Hooiveld for less than 3m.

Would say this is the most important signing of the summer and the impact Gardos has (positive or negative) will go a long way to determining how we do this season.

Still think its crazy given the cash we have brought in that we havent signed two centre backs. There will be plenty of players in Europe better than Hooiveld for less than 3m.

Few fans would disagree that filling he gap left by Lovren is the most crucial, especially because the back-up was already weak. It would be interesting to know if Gardos was already on Les Reed's list or whether he has only come into the frame since Lovren lost his head.

So this is happening huh.

What time would an announcement come you think? It's already 8pm here in Perth. Just once I would like an official announcement while I'm still awake.

Couple of days yet, he's got a couple more medicals and 2 or 3 trips home and back.

the original youtube video of him leaves me a little flat, but those videos can be totally misleading. I wonder if we will throw him straight in. In the old days they would, but these days players seem to require a period to learn the system/ropes.

the original youtube video of him leaves me a little flat, but those videos can be totally misleading. I wonder if we will throw him straight in. In the old days they would, but these days players seem to require a period to learn the system/ropes.

Not sure but isn't he carrying an injury?

How did the De Ridder YouTube video leave you feeling?

Just read the same source in Romanian and the bolded part is, apart from a small nonsense, not in his statement.

Doesn't matter much, I am glad this will finally happen

As for him being ready to play this week-end cuz of his muscle injury, I am not convinced but I will tell you that for me it's a deja-vu feeling because the exact same thing happened with Chiriches: he got injured in one of the last matches of the season, there were rumours about Spurs being interested in signing him and Steaua boss decided not to risk his golden goose and never played him again despite the fact that he was in top condition (he took part in Tottenham's training sessions from day 1)

You guys need to understand that, generally, 6-7 mil quid is a sh!tload of money for Romania as a transfer fee, usually our talented youth get scouted and signed very early by big clubs in Italy, Spain and even UK (I know Spurs just bought a talented Romanian kid). They offer decent contracts and conditions for them and their families.

Gardos was abit of a late bloomer, his moving to Steaua was the perfect him for develop and grow. I fear that if he were to leave Romania at a younger age, he could have wasted his career. Now is the perfect time for him to leave as a football player.

Just read the same source in Romanian and the bolded part is, apart from a small nonsense, not in his statement.

Doesn't matter much, I am glad this will finally happen

As for him being ready to play this week-end cuz of his muscle injury, I am not convinced but I will tell you that for me it's a deja-vu feeling because the exact same thing happened with Chiriches: he got injured in one of the last matches of the season, there were rumours about Spurs being interested in signing him and Steaua boss decided not to risk his golden goose and never played him again despite the fact that he was in top condition (he took part in Tottenham's training sessions from day 1)

You guys need to understand that, generally, 6-7 mil quid is a sh!tload of money for Romania as a transfer fee, usually our talented youth get scouted and signed very early by big clubs in Italy, Spain and even UK (I know Spurs just bought a talented Romanian kid). They offer decent contracts and conditions for them and their families.

Gardos was abit of a late bloomer, his moving to Steaua was the perfect him for develop and grow. I fear that if he were to leave Romania at a younger age, he could have wasted his career. Now is the perfect time for him to leave as a football player.

Can he speak English John? Obviously if he can that would help speed his introduction.

Can he speak English John? Obviously if he can that would help speed his introduction.

From what I know, he does speak (some) English. I am not sure of his full proficency in English but two things make me an optimist

1. Steaua informed UEFA about all the players and their foreign languages skills and Gardos is listed as an English speaker

2. He is a bright kid (not your average jock), I am sure it would be a question of time.

How many of them would come here to be 4th choice though, with the occasional moment of glory away to Millwall in a sh!tty cup competition?

My guess is that Stephens is now seen as the 4th choice anyway, with Hooiveld demoted to hospitality / luggage carrying duties.

From what I know, he does speak (some) English. I am not sure of his full proficency in English but two things make me an optimist

1. Steaua informed UEFA about all the players and their foreign languages skills and Gardos is listed as an English speaker

2. He is a bright kid (not your average jock), I am sure it would be a question of time.

Good news. I feel very positive about this signing and feel he'll do well.