Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

I can't get over the way our players were gone in a flash-whoosh, no messing -gone. But getting one in takes ages and often ends in a negative. It puzzles me, something wrong somewhere

Takes ages? That's because you start believing they've signed as soon as they are on the rumour list. How long did Lallana take to leave, several months?

Edited by Whitey Grandad

I can't get over the way our players were gone in a flash-whoosh, no messing -gone. But getting one in takes ages and often ends in a negative. It puzzles me, something wrong somewhere

Because our players were tapped up and wanted to go, the players we're after might need a bit of convincing. Still, the only quick ones I can think of were Lambert and Chambers. Lovren, Shaw and Lallana's transfers dragged on a bit didn't they...

Would be a bit silly if we did play him really. Not exactly giving him a fair chance of being successful.

OMG. There was a time when we'd sign players before Friday lunchtime to play them next day. Our match is on Sunday so why is it not fair to play him. Have you never heard how at baptism of fire often produces good results. What is all wrong is we could have had an additional friendly like Mn U and Chelsea on Monday or Tuesday.

Surprised this Echo update isn't posted on this thread http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11404740.Florin_deal_close__but_Byram_interest_cools/?ref=twt

Florin photographed last night

396d1a25bdc0583781b144a13cdb2a33

Transfer info, yet to be confirmed: £6M, wage £20,000 pw

Should be announced later today or tomorrow morning latest

Thanks for the update john_ro, is it £6m or €6m? Seen both bandied about and was wondering what the Romanian press are reporting...

Thanks for the update john_ro, is it £6m or €6m? Seen both bandied about and was wondering what the Romanian press are reporting...

Apparently the amount is £6m / €7.5m, not 4,8m as presented before.

Where did that information come from? The Romanian link posted a few posts back quoted an unofficial Southampton news twitter which probably just made it up.

"Sources close to the player and team"...

How legit those sources are, we shall see. To me it makes little difference if the fee is 6 or 4.8 mil, I just want this sorted out... ASAP

New song by Les Reed:

We signed Gardos on Sunday

Medical lasted till Monday

Then the press went on home

Leaving us alone,

Side by side.

We got ready for bed then

So imagine my surprise when

He pulled off his hair

Laid his false teeth on a chair

Side by side.

Then he took off his false leg

And laid it against the wall

Unscrewed his arm, pulled out his eye

Till there was nothing left

At all, at all, at all, at all

There I stood broken hearted

Half of Gardos had departed

So I slept on the chair

There was more of him there

Side by side.

Transfer paperwork to be completed in a few minutes according to Valeriu Argaseala, President of Steaua.

Player has left Romania and due to sign today.

Source: @VladR and also @rbaicu

Their chairman seems a rather excitable chap.

Got a really good feeling about this signing though.

Transfer paperwork to be completed in a few minutes according to Valeriu Argaseala, President of Steaua.

Player has left Romania and due to sign today.

Source: @VladR and also @rbaicu

He's the Romanian football blogger right? I'm excited for this player, he costs nothing and actually seems to want to join us. Let's hope he's more of a Lovren level player than a Forren :lol:

Know nothing about this player but, for some reason, feel very confident he will be an outstanding player for us. Certainly feel better about this signing than Long.

So that should be 7 in (at least) and 3 first team regulars and 2 not so regulars (Lambert and Chambers) out. All in all, not a bad transfer window and certainly no signs of the 'asset strip' that some of the more highly strung posters have said we were going through.

Indeed, but I would suggest the Romanian Lei is more closely linked to the Euro than Sterling, hence Romanian journalists having quoted the price in Euros and not pounds.

I'm not even sure where they are with their desire to acceed to the Euro system, sh*tty economy so probably none too close.

I'm not even sure where they are with their desire to acceed to the Euro system, sh*tty economy so probably none too close.

Can't imagine they'd be in any great rush to join anyway, but that's a conversation for elsewhere (perhaps here, which I thought was quite interesting)

Know nothing about this player but, for some reason, feel very confident he will be an outstanding player for us. Certainly feel better about this signing than Long.

So that should be 7 in (at least) and 3 first team regulars and 2 not so regulars (Lambert and Chambers) out. All in all, not a bad transfer window and certainly no signs of the 'asset strip' that some of the more highly strung posters have said we were going through.

Lambert started enough games last season to be classified as a regular FFS. Off the top of my head at least 30 something of our 38 league games and probably more than Lovren did.

UPDATE 17: 50 / Guard Star talked to fans through FANATIK.RO , revealing that the moment has not yet signed the agreement with Southampton. "Right now, I can say that I have signed. I can talk more after this happens. Wait a moment, please! " , was the message defender for Red Star fans. - See more at: http://www.fanatik.ro/gardos-10-275123#ad-image-0

Give him a ******* pen!!

You can't really say that, look how drawn out the Lallana, Lovren Shaw transfers were. It just a shame Southampton didn't try and sign the replacements before the sales were agreed.

Lambert started enough games last season to be classified as a regular FFS. Off the top of my head at least 30 something of our 38 league games and probably more than Lovren did.

Do you think Lambert would have been a first team regular this year, considering we tried replacing him last summer and that he was also nearly sold in January?