Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

Where did he say he's been to see...St Gorges Park? I must admit although he does seem very grounded, intellectual etc it does annoy me when the first thing they're interested in is joining a prem club. It's obviously enticing and clearly that's why lovren was here but really hope it doesn't happen again.

What are his ambitions? I loved that question. I bet he was thinking that his ambition was to join Liverpool.

I must admit I watched the interview and thought that he was really buzzing about being here then I realised he was probably just excited as we're playing against his next club in a couple of days.

Honestly though he does strike me as someone whose going to give his all for the club while he's here to achieve his ambitions, whatever they may be, and that's all we can ask I guess. If he moves in a couple of years for a few quid more than we've paid for him then that will suit the board too.

it does annoy me when the first thing they're interested in is joining a prem club.

It's honest though. Would you blindly nod along to him suggesting that as a boy growing up in NW Romania, he watched Southampton on tv every week and dreamed of one day playing for them?

Where did he say he's been to see...St Gorges Park? I must admit although he does seem very grounded, intellectual etc it does annoy me when the first thing they're interested in is joining a prem club. It's obviously enticing and clearly that's why lovren was here but really hope it doesn't happen again.

Yeah Steaua trained there in pre season. It's where he picked up his injury I think.

It's honest though. Would you blindly nod along to him suggesting that as a boy growing up in NW Romania, he watched Southampton on tv every week and dreamed of one day playing for them?

Fair comment. It depends on whether he's had a lot of other interest from abroad, and whether he's ever turned down an offer from a more (ahem) "glamorous" club.

Already speaks pretty good english, seems like most of our new signings do which should help them settle in quite quickly.

If we get another CB in then we are going beyond just replacing our losses and potentially improving the squad from last year.

Scott Marshall from Arsenal. 2 games. 2 own goals. Never seen again.

He remains the worst centre half I have ever seen. I think we conceded 8 goals in his two starts, as you say two of them own goals. The irony being when we signed him from arsenal he was considered something of a coup and a bargain at £500k. We've had some fantastically sh*t players in my time supporting saints but he really was something special.

He remains the worst centre half I have ever seen. I think we conceded 8 goals in his two starts, as you say two of them own goals. The irony being when we signed him from arsenal he was considered something of a coup and a bargain at £500k. We've had some fantastically sh*t players in my time supporting saints but he really was something special.

the early 90s were a treat, were they not.

some utter dross being dragged along by MLT (mostly)

Just imagine how much MLT would cost a 'top 4' side today. My god

Early to mid nineties were a conveyor belt of utter sh*t. It's incredible we survived in top flight with some of those players. David lee, Steve wood, Paul moody etc

When you think we entered they decade with a team which contained le tissier, shearer, rod Wallace, flowers, Kenna, ruddock all players, apart from MLT obviously, that would go on to win things and play for top clubs at the time.

Our CB situation on the whole was pretty good - Ken Monkou and Richard Hall formed a solid partnership.