Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

You obviously did not hear his utterances on MOTD ??

I'll be amazed if he is still here by 2nd Sept

" Judge us on Sept 1st " ( Ralph The Ruthless )

I judged him long ago. Not worth the Breath he takes to spiel off

Why don't you just STFU and give us all a break.

What do you think now richmond...or will you ignore that interview so you don`t have to back down?

This supposed Saints fan, by the name of 'Saint Richmond', does this guy ever say anything positive about SFC or does he just enjoy washing and drying his bed sheets?

From The Mail on Sunday

The full quote from the Independent is a little more telling:

Koeman added that he was “99 per cent” certain Schneiderlin would be staying – “100 per cent if it is up to me”.

Seems that Koeman doesn't have full control of whether Morgan leaves.

99% is pretty certain none the less but interesting that has decided to put a little pressure on the board.

I think the question to him was "do you see your future at Southampton" and he stumbled over his response, I think because he doesn't see his future here. One year maybe, but not longer future.

Of course, then Lineker and co jump on that. It was crafty journalism.

Very disappointing coverage from MOTD. The big story should have been how well the team played, against expectations. But I suspect we're going to get another season of this kind of coverage.

This.

If you watched the 5 minute interview with Morgan posted on this forum yesterday, he was pretty clear.

Sensationalist edit of interview to provide talking point for TV show shocker [or not].

What i want to know is when does his contract end?

The problem is the French coach Dickhead Deschamps will only pick players who are involved in that f....g CL.

So know that rule out Yids so means that Froggy Wenger is pole position.

He seems to pick beyond that--8 players in most recent squad.

The problem is the French coach Dickhead Deschamps will only pick players who are involved in that f....g CL.

So know that rule out Yids so means that Froggy Wenger is pole position.

Typical Wenger if they do come in late for Morgan. Arse are screaming out for a striker and Wenger goes and buys another midfielder just to prove to the Arse faithful that he's in-charge and knows what he is doing.

Typical I tells ye

The club top to bottom is going to look total idiotic if they sell MS now especially after the comments by Reed, Krueger and Koeman. Plus his reIntegration. Won't happen IMO

This. But I guess the board will have a figure in mind where they would throw caution to the wind.

The way he has started this season, I reckon we would be talking about now is 35m.

This.

If you watched the 5 minute interview with Morgan posted on this forum yesterday, he was pretty clear.

Sensationalist edit of interview to provide talking point for TV show shocker [or not].

What i want to know is when does his contract end?

I kind of cringed for him as he was trying to answer, and not be dishonest. He could have come up with a bull**** answer to keep everyone happy (then still move on), so fair play to him for keeping his integrity.

No. He has NOT said he is staying. Watch and listen to his responses on MOTD

I've said he will be sold, and I stick by that

And Ralph will end up with a large Dinosaur Egg on his face

The only Captain Morgan at St Mary's will be the bottle of Rum

So...

You were completely and utterly, monumentally and deservedly... Wrong. And a **** also.

• 8 years later...
2 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

He's only 33. Bit strange how his career has nosedived. Perhaps he's just not passionate about football anymore

He was terrific for us, but I wouldn't have ever classed him as an elite level player - he benefited from an environment at Southampton (and a system) which he fitted into like a glove, he actually grew with it which makes a lot of difference.

Moving him out of that into Utd was never going to be the same, they put him in a different role to start with anyway and they didn't have the same players around him who complimented his style (his tandem with Wanyama was great).

He wasn't a good enough player to stamp his own image on a team in my opinion, he needed a lot to slot in around him (which we had the benefit of)

Edited by S-Clarke

24 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I did read "family issues" so hope everything works out on that side of things.

Maybe they got to the city and realised it really wasn’t worth it.  Must be a nightmare as a footballer uprooting your family often without a lot of choice of destination.

I’d take him back even at 33 if he was anything close to the player we had back in the day sadly he went from French international to washed up in about 6 months at united.

14 hours ago, Window Cleaner said:

According to the gossip on the Equipe forum, Camille didn't fancy it, Konya apparently being a bit of an islamic place where she might have had to wear a headscarf when outdoors. Who knows whether that's right or not though.

Thanks for that. Nice to know it might not be connected to someone's health.