Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

Most grateful if someone could publish MS' stats from Saturday. Particularly his tackling by comparison to last seasons average game...

Also check his stats for the Liverpool game - pretty good I reckon. Everyone's stats on Saturday would have been poor. Every post you have written today is about him going. You really are a miserable drone. Go back to the transfer rumours thread to see the words Koeman said on Friday.

Taider was dubbed a Morgan replacement as well. If we sign Clasie I think that would say more in the short term about the future of Jack Cork. But of course it would be handy to have a young player like Clasie already embedded into the team if Morgan moves on next summer, which looks likely.

Taider was dubbed a Morgan replacement as well. If we sign Clasie I think that would say more in the short term about the future of Jack Cork. But of course it would be handy to have a young player like Clasie already embedded into the team if Morgan moves on next summer, which looks likely.

Clasie is more of a challenge to Davis/JWP.

god this is a boring story.

Really hope he stays but his complete lack of any statement says volumes.

I've only seen the first two games on tv , but IMO his performances have not been close to that of last season. Match fitness it maybe but i think his head is in norf lundon.

On another note. Has RK got him playing in a different role? Seems he's playing far more forward than he used to. Blimey he's even had a couple of shots at goal.

Personally i don't think thats where he should be. He was the key player to our possesion play and always in a playable deeper position. But he's not found there at the moment and were all over the place.

I love Morgan and love that he's been with us for so long -- BUT. We have a lot of strength in that position and showed against WBA that we are clearly lacking a bit of incisiveness. With that in mind, I asked myself, would I rather lose Cork for 4mill or Morgs for 20mill? Well, if that 20 mill were to be spent on a goal-scoring midfielder or proven striker, I probably wouldn't be disappointed, and I don't think Cork has ever had a disappointing game. Pelle could even prove his worth as an impact sub jumping all over tired defenders as the cliche goes. I'm not suggesting we should flog Morgan off at the earliest opportunity, just that there are always opportunities to move forward in situations like this.

Tottenham are being linked with a couple of midfielders in the French media, with L'Equipe reporting that Mauricio Pochettino has joined the list of admirers of Paris St Germain teenager Adrien Rabiot. PSG want in the region of €10million for Rabiot, who has a year left on his contract. Tottenham are also reportedly in advanced talks to sign Alex Song from Barcelona, with Marseille also interested in the former Arsenal midfielder.

^ I wonder if Alex Song is loan or permanent transfer?

Either I think, Barca are desperately keen to be shot of him, probably available for a bag of smarties and a new lawn mower. He's no better than Capoué or Dembelé anyway, neither is Rabiot ..yet. Anyway that's another case of the FFF sticking their oar in, he's not playing at PSG so they want him to move somewhere where he'll get a game, won't at Tottenham though.

Reports pretty clear today that Schneiderlin still wants to leave, which of course he does.

At which point does it become silly to keep a player who so obviously doesn't want to be part of the club?

January or maybe next year when the board have shown their resolve and that they will not be walked over by players or rival teams.

i'm hoping a friend of mine has been mis informed, but he says Schneiderlin is a done deal which will be done this weekend. (i can't give to much away about his identity apart from he works within the club.)

he told me about Poch and Lala and also Shaw before they happened, but i'm keeping fingers crossed he has this wrong.

i'm hoping a friend of mine has been mis informed, but he says Schneiderlin is a done deal which will be done this weekend. (i can't give to much away about his identity apart from he works within the club.)

he told me about Poch and Lala and also Shaw before they happened, but i'm keeping fingers crossed he has this wrong.

I don't really care. He's acted like a ****, so he can toodle off if the price is right. He may well be a very good player, but I'd rather be a weaker side with players who want to be here, than have arseholes rocking the boat.

January or maybe next year when the board have shown their resolve and that they will not be walked over by players or rival teams.

The job of the board is to run the football club and not to get involved with vendettas with players and other clubs.

If they think Morgan should go I will support them if the think he should stay and will make a very good contribution to the team I will also support.

The club knows all the facts knows how it wants to go forward we dont so just let them get on with it .

We are in a much better position than most of the Clubs in the Country and should be thankful for that.

We have a great fanbase and for the first time ever financially very sound

Well Morgan has to be at Clairefontaine by 10 am come Monday, so it's by Sunday afty or not at all.

Well Morgan has to be at Clairefontaine by 10 am come Monday, so it's by Sunday afty or not at all.

Koeman just said the decision was made and it's not going to change. He is staying. Playing on Sat. Training well. Sounds like the end of it for now. Townsend also doesn't look at all likely.

Edited by derry

Well I want him here until January at least. But I can't for the life of me believe we'd still be looking at offloading Morgan, Cork, AND Ramirez with three days until deadline.

One of them perhaps. All three seems unlikely.

Who the hell knows though.

Koeman - none of them leaving.

Koeman - Chambers is injured = Chambers is at Arsenal having a medical.

Hopefully on this occasion it's as per your post.

I think he may have learned something there. Looked pretty determined when he said it.

I'm pretty sure it was Jordan Sibley who said Chambers was injured/ill, not Koeman.

It was Koeman in his post-match comments (I believe). The point being, club representatives (at all clubs a) say all sorts of things which, much of the time, make our parliamentarians look decidedly honest.

And Sibley just plucked that out of thin air or was told by a club representative? That is the point.

Don't believe what Sibley says, he only got to where he is because he used to run Corteses baths sand collect his dry cleaning.

Does it matter who said what? Sometimes a white lie has to be told for the benefit of the club/player or whoever. Obviously it was deemed to be in the best interests to not be wholly truthful. How has that impacted upon anyone? Certainly hasn't with me.

Does it matter who said what? Sometimes a white lie has to be told for the benefit of the club/player or whoever. Obviously it was deemed to be in the best interests to not be wholly truthful. How has that impacted upon anyone? Certainly hasn't with me.

Speaking on behalf of the bedwetters everywhere, I haven't slept since through worry.

This friend isn't connected to your Pompey supporting brother in law per chance....? :)

hi Trousers, no this friend i've only known a few months, i would love to give you a hint as to his identity but i'd get him in trouble, he did say we're trying to get in a signing by monday thats not been mentioned before but he won't reveal his name, so could all be pie in the sky. only thing he did say was he's not playing in the english leagues lol

hi Trousers, no this friend i've only known a few months, i would love to give you a hint as to his identity but i'd get him in trouble, he did say we're trying to get in a signing by monday thats not been mentioned before but he won't reveal his name, so could all be pie in the sky. only thing he did say was he's not playing in the english leagues lol

Only known him a few months? Thats an acquaintance, not a friend. How well can you know someone after a few months? Do you trust this person? Would he pass the babysit test.......would you let him look after your children? I'm sure you know someone, I'm not doubting that, but hes not a friend. And lets break down what he has actually "said"......that we will sign someone before Monday (the end of the window) but he won't provide a name. Flipping hell! Hold the back pages! An acquaintance of Daz says we will sign a player, though wont commit to a name or position!

Only known him a few months? Thats an acquaintance, not a friend. How well can you know someone after a few months? Do you trust this person? Would he pass the babysit test.......would you let him look after your children? I'm sure you know someone, I'm not doubting that, but hes not a friend. And lets break down what he has actually "said"......that we will sign someone before Monday (the end of the window) but he won't provide a name. Flipping hell! Hold the back pages! An acquaintance of Daz says we will sign a player, though wont commit to a name or position!

Stop the World.....

We are going to sign a player...

There's no way he will leave, as if he did, the club would have made one of the worlds great former players look an absolute prize prat. I cannot see someone as staunch and direct as Koeman taking too kindly to being made to look like a fool...

That's why it cannot happen now. The repercussions are much more than us just losing a player.

nooo the guy i know is the players dad

So which is it then? Works at club or is one of the players father?