Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

I agree totally with your opinion. Although some of his mates have departed for what they consider to be pastures greener, there are several others who I hope will be considered by him to be friends who are still here. It is just Lallana who has left from the midfield of which he was the kingpin. That midfield is arguably stronger with the additions of Tadic and Taider and he has an opportunity to impress further with his contribution to it. Champions League football is not available with Spurs and his mates have gone to Liverpool and United. His favourite manager is with Spurs, but for how long? What does he do if he signed for Spurs and then Pochettino was sacked after 6 months? Where does he see himself in a year or two? Spurs are unlikely to the extent of his ambition. In the unlikely event that Pochettino does a good job there, he would probably only use them as a stepping-stone to higher things, as he used us. Why shouldn't schneiderlin be pursuaded to enhance his prospects here with us for another season and then make the career jump to one of the major European clubs?

If he had so much respect for Pochettino, I wonder why Koeman shouldn't be able to influence his decision with his considerable experience with some of the World's top clubs.

Good summary, and shares my view of the situation. Notwithstanding the upheavals this summer, I would absolutely love Koeman's team to get off to a flyer and MS have to wait his chance to get back into the side, that would be the best ego correction!...

Have found the Hawksbee and Jacobs audio where a top agent gives it as it is on the Morgan Scheidenlin situation

1) Go to the audio reply of todays program

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1407844800

2) Click on the 15.00 - 15.30 section and then move the slider along to about 2O minutes 38'

Heard Sky Andrews a fair few times and he always comes across pretty well, especially this time.

Sounds like Spurs are having a big clear out. Would happily take Dembele/Sandro and naughton plus cash. Not sure if that's realistic though now that we only buy overpriced players from bottom half sides

11 players apparently, though not overnight. Sounds like a club in crisis to me who've blown their Bale cash. Alan Sugar was interesting on SSN and provided us with a sound warning. I have posted hard on here to buy players this summer and will hold Krueger accountable for the business we've done on 1 Sep in order to support Koeman at a time where our Boardrooms integrity looked in doubt, but there was a useful warning to buy sensibly and then bank some for later. Spurs didn't and are now paying the price.

Personally, the drawback to doing that is that overinflated prices show no sign of abating, prices will inflate even more next summer and there's rarely a player you want available in January. So what? we must buy - even if slightly overinflated - key players NOW, and reinforce other areas later. Right now,, we need a Centre Back, I don't believe we are out of the race for Rojo yet, hence Gardos' delay, and Gardos looks steady. Long is a good addition, but overpriced.

We need: CB (maybe x2), further striker, RB. Pay over the odds for a CB now if necessary, but hunt for sensible prices for the other 3 and use the next 2 1/2 weeks to negotiate sensibly. THEN BANK THE REST. I'd give the Boardroom some credit if they achieved that.

Edited by SaintRobbie

11 players apparently, though not overnight. Sounds like a club in crisis to me who've blown their Bale cash. Alan Sugar was interesting on SSN and provided us with a sound warning. I have posted hard on here to buy players this summer and will hold Krueger accountable for the business we've done on 1 Sep in order to support Koeman at a time where our Boardrooms integrity looked in doubt, but there was a useful warning to buy sensibly and then bank some for later. Spurs didn't and are now paying the price.

Personally, the drawback to doing that is that overinflated prices show no sign of abating, prices will inflate even more next summer and there's rarely a player you want available in January. So what? we must buy - even if slightly overinflated - key players NOW, and reinforce other areas later. Right now,, we need a Centre Back, I don't believe we are out of the race for Rojo yet, hence Gardos' delay, and Gardos looks steady. Long is a good addition, but overpriced.

We need: CB (maybe x2), further striker, RB. Pay over the odds for a CB, hunt for sensible prices for the other 3. THEN BANK THE REST. I'd give the Boardroom credit if they achieved that.

I've said all summer, Spurs simply have no money. They can only buy players when they're offering their own in exchange. The amount they spent last year was criminal and it shows that there are right and wrong ways from spending a transfer fortune.....there's was the wrong way, for sure! They signed lots of fancy exciting foreign players, but the only one who had any success is Erikson. I think our transfers this window have the potential to have much more overall success than there's did last year.

Sounds like Spurs are having a big clear out. Would happily take Dembele/Sandro and naughton plus cash. Not sure if that's realistic though now that we only buy overpriced players from bottom half sides

I was going to post along the same lines. If they send Dembele the other way that would seriously soften the blow of losing Morgan. He was an absolute beats at our place and when I have seen him in the UEFA games he has been dominant. Maybe a little too similar to Victor to be honest and wages will always be a problem for players coming from these big sides.

I was going to post along the same lines. If they send Dembele the other way that would seriously soften the blow of losing Morgan. He was an absolute beats at our place and when I have seen him in the UEFA games he has been dominant. Maybe a little too similar to Victor to be honest and wages will always be a problem for players coming from these big sides.

Dembele stood out for me last season as well but I think Saints need midfield players that can run from deep beyond Pelle and that's not Dembele.

Dembele stood out for me last season as well but I think Saints need midfield players that can run from deep beyond Pelle and that's not Dembele.

good point, but if we are replacing Morgan then Dembele is a good fit. Based on what I saw last season I'd pick him ahead of VW every time. If we are needing players that run beyond Pelle then dare I say it, the ever dependable Davis takes up one of those positions able to do that, but he doesn't do that.

Have you not watched what Koeman has to say in the interview from this morning? For sure there will be more during the Press Conf. @3.30pm

Yes I did but that was a friendly interview from inside, so no awkward questions. I expect Morgan to be a hot topic during the press conference.

What's the chances of him starting on Sunday?

From an outside perspective, I just can't see it. The club seem to be wanting to project a powerful position in stating he will not be leaving. To start with him, unless there's been significant contrition during training / private discussions would send the opposite message.

Of course he needs to have the route back to the first team open, so would expect a bench position, maybe a sub.

Been reported today that Morgan hasn't missed one day training since he returned.

I think all the strike thing was a myth anyway, even last week it was reported that he was back training with his team mates (on the BBC). I assumed that meant Southampton team mates. Apart from friday when he was given the day off. It was a bit difficult to tell in the video but was he wearing a Saints kit or Spuds? There was one guy who looked to be wearing a fulham kit who looked to have an inflated ego

I think all the strike thing was a myth anyway, even last week it was reported that he was back training with his team mates (on the BBC). I assumed that meant Southampton team mates. Apart from friday when he was given the day off. It was a bit difficult to tell in the video but was he wearing a Saints kit or Spuds? There was one guy who looked to be wearing a fulham kit who looked to have an inflated ego

According to a reply to the quote from Staplewood the local journalists have known it was only the National Media stirring things, that Morgan trained both at the center and elsewhere without fail. Most of the crap that gets printed nationally comes from information lifted from this forum. Many on here do the club one huge disservice saying negative things about the board, the club, players and idiotic opinions.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 16m

Koeman says @SchneiderlinMo4 has had “a very good week of training” and decide tomorrow over whether to involve him on Sunday. #saintsfc

According to a reply to the quote from Staplewood the local journalists have known it was only the National Media stirring things, that Morgan trained both at the center and elsewhere without fail. Most of the crap that gets printed nationally comes from information lifted from this forum. Many on here do the club one huge disservice saying negative things about the board, the club, players and idiotic opinions.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 16m

Koeman says @SchneiderlinMo4 has had “a very good week of training” and decide tomorrow over whether to involve him on Sunday. #saintsfc

Have you taken your crazy pills today, ART?

Zero

Why is there no chance at all of him playing? Do you know something that confirms that opinion, or are you just one of these posters who states categorically that Schneiderlin has already played his last game for Saints?

If he now accepts that the club will not relent on their stance that he is not for sale and that it is pointless sulking, then he might as well take the view that he should play as well as possible and make a good case for him being both worth more and having more suitors chasing him in the January window or at the end of the season. Provided that he can pursuade Koeman that he accepts that he is not going just yet, I don't see why we wouldn't select him to play, if he is fit enough. If his head is right, then playing is the best medicine for him to integrate himself back into the team and hopefully forge a good working bond with his new team mates. He is still our strongest midfield player, so why wouldn't we play him if available?

Why is there no chance at all of him playing? Do you know something that confirms that opinion, or are you just one of these posters who states categorically that Schneiderlin has already played his last game for Saints?

If he now accepts that the club will not relent on their stance that he is not for sale and that it is pointless sulking, then he might as well take the view that he should play as well as possible and make a good case for him being both worth more and having more suitors chasing him in the January window or at the end of the season. Provided that he can pursuade Koeman that he accepts that he is not going just yet, I don't see why we wouldn't select him to play, if he is fit enough. If his head is right, then playing is the best medicine for him to integrate himself back into the team and hopefully forge a good working bond with his new team mates. He is still our strongest midfield player, so why wouldn't we play him if available?

Apart from the fact we haven't had anywhere near a worthwhile bid and Morgan knows that.

Schneiderlin available for Anfield

Updated 4:09pm Friday 15th August 2014 in Saints News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author By Adam Leitch, Chief Sports Writer

Daily Echo: Morgan Schneiderlin Morgan Schneiderlin

Morgan Schneiderlin is available to play for Saints against Liverpool on Sunday after accepting he will remain with the club.

The French midfielder was left out of the squad for the final pre-season friendly against Bayer Leverkusen last weekend as he continued to push for a move away from St Mary’s, with Tottenham favourites to land him.

Schneiderlin had reacted with frustration after being told he would not be allowed to join some of his former colleagues in being sold by Saints this summer.

However, Ronald Koeman is satisfied with the player’s reaction, and will decide tomorrow whether to include him in the squad for Liverpool.

“He had a very good week of training sessions,” said Koeman.

“We know the situation. Last week he wasn’t in shape to play, he had a very good week of sessions and that decision will be taken tomorrow.”

When asked if Schneiderlin was definitely staying at Saints, Koeman replied: “Yes because he’s not for sale.”

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11413497._/?ref=mac

He hasn't had a pre-season and won't play purely off the back on one weeks worth of training. Just my opinion if that's ok with you?

He hasn't had a pre-season and won't play purely off the back on one weeks worth of training. Just my opinion if that's ok with you?

If it's just your opinion, then fine by me. It's just that you said it with such certainty, that I assumed you knew something that made it unlikely. As I said, it depends both on his mental state and his fitness.

Delighted that the tide has turned so beautifully. Morgan will stay. Sanity prevails. The club's credibility notches one to the good.

I stick with my suggestion/prediction that he shdn't start but should be on the bench. I would hope to see him inject fresh energy second half.

BBC says that Koeman states that Schneiderlin is ready to play if selected. I would love to see him get a run out.
Fully agree and hope the traveling supporters give him a welcome to sweep away all the tensions and stress of the past few weeks.

I've said all summer, Spurs simply have no money. They can only buy players when they're offering their own in exchange. The amount they spent last year was criminal and it shows that there are right and wrong ways from spending a transfer fortune.....there's was the wrong way, for sure! They signed lots of fancy exciting foreign players, but the only one who had any success is Erikson. I think our transfers this window have the potential to have much more overall success than there's did last year.

Very good point Clarkey.

Why would we let him go in Jan?

These want-away players always seem to get their way in the end, I don't want him gone but I don't think he wants to be here somehow and we'll hopefully be in good shape in Jan. If we aren't then I hope we'll keep him for the fight ahead, but let's see.

These want-away players always seem to get their way in the end, I don't want him gone but I don't think he wants to be here somehow and we'll hopefully be in good shape in Jan. If we aren't then I hope we'll keep him for the fight ahead, but let's see.

His best chance of getting a move (or playing for France) is to knuckle down and put in some outstanding performances.

Fully agree and hope the traveling supporters give him a welcome to sweep away all the tensions and stress of the past few weeks.

You are joking , right?

I'm meant to give him a warm welcome, how about the French twt comes over to me , apologises for his behaviour and promises to do what he's paid for. I won't boo him, never would do that to a saints player, but I'm not fawning all over him. What so you think, he's doing us a favour by turning out?

You are joking , right?

I'm meant to give him a warm welcome, how about the French twt comes over to me , apologises for his behaviour and promises to do what he's paid for. I won't boo him, never would do that to a saints player, but I'm not fawning all over him. What so you think, he's doing us a favour by turning out?

Is our manager joking? Is Koeman not showing impeccable management ability winning over and getting one of our best players to commit to the club? Are you not a silly boy reading and listening to all the Spurs/Levy inspired media lies and false rumors? Morgan has been training every day since he returned from his vacation despite the scum media saying otherwise. He's a human being, he admired his former boss and was promised a chance to join up with him. Yet, he's been won over, he's a player who has done a great job for us for 6 years, and unlike scum like Lallana and Louvren has committed himself to working with Koeman, the team. I say bravo to Koeman, for Morgan for seeing his future lies at Saints.

Enjoy yourself licking the ar*e of the likes of Louvren on Sunday rather showing that you are what really makes a true Saint.